Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Is it that weird? IMO it's more exciting to root for an up-and-coming team than it is to watch an already-successful team struggle to get over the hump.

Bengals fans are probably having way more fun right now than Chiefs fans, for example. I had way more fun watching the 2010 and 2016 seasons than 2011 or 2021.

Bengals fans have literally never had this amount of success. So yes, they probably are. However, I'm pretty sure Chiefs fans aren't out here saying; Man you know I'll be glad when Patrick Mahomes is gone really can't wait to feel what it's like not to have a QB again.

Like do you know how wild that sounds?

I get not liking Rogers anymore. Completely understandable reaction to not want to deal with him anymore. But to jump straight to; you know I don't even want QB to be seen as the face of the franchise for being good is wild to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

to me what would be fun is watching a quarterback on my team throw for 200 yards.

Jay throws for like 350 and we goddamn lost our minds.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dexo posted:

I get not liking Rogers anymore. Completely understandable reaction to not want to deal with him anymore. But to jump straight to; you know I don't even want QB to be seen as the face of the franchise for being good is wild to me.

Hi.
Packer fan here.

That's because your opinion is normal and valid and theirs is friggin nuts.
Like you don't think I'd take Jordan Love being great (...lol) and just HAVING to suffer the boredom of continued success and being known as the team with great QB play?
C'mon.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I haven't seen official sources yet, but lots of rumors are saying Jim Harbaugh to the Vikings

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dexo posted:

Bengals fans have literally never had this amount of success. So yes, they probably are. However, I'm pretty sure Chiefs fans aren't out here saying; Man you know I'll be glad when Patrick Mahomes is gone really can't wait to feel what it's like not to have a QB again.

I think some fans have been poisoned by interacting with this thread to much.

Bears fans are gonna hate you no matter what it’s part of the division thing. Trying not to be good ain’t gonna change that

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i have literally never heard of any of the people the bears have hired before like last week and have decided they will all be disasters because they are willing to work for the chicago bears.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dexo posted:

That's not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about the difference between being at the start of a championship window opening and being at the end watching the shutter scraping loudly down the window frame.

I'd like Rodgers back but if he decides to leave or retire then well, I've already been emotionally prepared for it by *gestures wildly at the past year*

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

That's not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about the difference between being at the start of a championship window opening and being at the end watching the shutter scraping loudly down the window frame.

How do you feel about door number 3?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MJeff posted:

How do you feel about door number 3?

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I haven't seen official sources yet, but lots of rumors are saying Jim Harbaugh to the Vikings

The rumors are just about a formal interview and it’s hard not to think it’s just a leverage play for more money from Michigan. Vikings have second interviews with DeMeco Ryan’s, Kevin’Connell and Raheem Morris this week.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Oh yeah. Got about 30 years of fondness over here, it's going great.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

MJeff posted:

Oh yeah. Got about 30 years of fondness over here, it's going great.

Oh poo poo, is that what that feeling is? I thought it was just a mix of desperation and depression followed by apathy. Nice to know i can just use one word now.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Matt Stafford has as many NFC Championships as Aaron Rodgers.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Makes me physically ill to think about the Packers losing to Jimmy G this year lmao

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Makes me physically ill to think about the Packers losing to Jimmy G this year lmao

They lost to Robbie Gould. It. Was. Amazing.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Matt Stafford has as many NFC Championships as Aaron Rodgers.

This isn't the burn you think it is, pretty much everyone likes Stafford :unsmith:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

actually it owns

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Jim McMahon has won as many Super Bowls as a Green Bay quarterback as Aaron Rodgers.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

One season away from the Lions, and Stafford’s in the Super Bowl. :lol:

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Rooting for Rams, and then Detroit will have an honorary Super Bowl championship, imo

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

This isn't the burn you think it is, pretty much everyone likes Stafford :unsmith:

And everyone hates Dr. Rodgers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

One season away from the Lions, and Stafford’s in the Super Bowl. :lol:

One sec.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Stafford’s in the Super Bowl.

drat straight.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'm happy for him, and OBJ who a lot of dumb people said was washed :allears:

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Matt Stafford is better than Aaron Rodgers confirmed.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Jim McMahon has won as many Super Bowls as a Green Bay quarterback as Aaron Rodgers.

2?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Negative, McMahon has two, his second was in 96/97 with Green Bay.

The quarterback you want to talk about is 1 win super bowl quarterback Trent Dilfer.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
As a Green Bay Quarterback

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Imagine if the Lions ownership actually knew what the gently caress they were doing and didn’t do stupid poo poo like “run off all the best players” and “draft Eric Ebron instead of Aaron Donald” while Stafford was there?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Either Stafford gets a ring or a cat team wins, so I'm happy.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I'm happy for him, and OBJ who a lot of dumb people said was washed :allears:

Guilty as charged. Whoops!

Packers probably could’ve used OBJ last week!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw, as fun as this is for Stafford, let's not forget the other former Lion on the Rams.

https://twitter.com/AshawnRobinson/status/1332781226181206020

Eat poo poo, Patricia.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Let's be real, would Rodgers have even looked at him?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Rodgers wouldn’t have thrown at him even if we had him.

Hopefully he gets to do some cool things in the Super Bowl!

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
The Bears defeated a superbowl contender this season :blastu:

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

MJeff posted:

Let's be real, would Rodgers have even looked at him?

Nope. One drop in practice is all it takes, less probably depending on the person.

My prediction with Rodgers is that he stays in Green Bay because his value isn't as high as he thinks. If he goes out and tests the free agent waters and those waters are tepid it will smash his ego into a million tiny bits. He's not going to risk that. He's going to play nice with the Packers FO and sign a 2 year deal.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I want Rodgers to have to play for a Matt Patricia coached team. And then for that team to be on Hard Knocks. For my...enjoyment, you see.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

ZombieCrew posted:

The Bears defeated a superbowl contender this season :blastu:

did last year as well.

https://twitter.com/AyeyoKEJO/status/1487986108348735489

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gorson posted:

Nope. One drop in practice is all it takes, less probably depending on the person.

My prediction with Rodgers is that he stays in Green Bay because his value isn't as high as he thinks. If he goes out and tests the free agent waters and those waters are tepid it will smash his ego into a million tiny bits. He's not going to risk that. He's going to play nice with the Packers FO and sign a 2 year deal.

If Rodgers hits the free agent market next year half the league would go at him

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gorson posted:

He's under contract for another year.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Packers posters really are a braindead bunch lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Rodgers wouldn’t have thrown at him even if we had him.

Hopefully he gets to do some cool things in the Super Bowl!

What gets me about this is that it was a point of pride that he would end a game with like 10 different receivers having receptions in the past. It's really sad he let his paranoia get him to this point.