Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Say what now? Deep fried king cake?

Yep. It’s baked like a regular king cake but then they pop it in the fryer and give it a donut glaze. It’s amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CannonFodder posted:

Both companies have the talent, I guess AEW has better writers and maybe the company culture lets the AEW performers have more input into their performance.

the difference is that aew doesn't have writers lol

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Alaois posted:

the difference is that aew doesn't have writers lol

Cause their owner is a billionaire's son that is an obsessive encyclopedia of pro wrestling history.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Everyone acting like they know what a King Cake is so I am just nodding so I don't look dumb.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pain of Mind posted:

Everyone acting like they know what a King Cake is so I am just nodding so I don't look dumb.
It's a Mardi Gras thing. There's a ring cake, and somewhere in the cake there is something that represents Jesus. On Mardi Gras at some point in the partying everyone gets a slice of king cake and whomever gets the Jesus thing is now King.

Most of that is probably wrong.

Also it's a thing in Louisiana because they do up Mardi Gras more than France.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Between a Stafford + UGA title season and

https://twitter.com/starrettjason/status/1487928963196497920?s=21

the super bowl looks pretty ripe for storylines.

These NFL playoffs may actually pull me back into the NFL. Sucks that my team growing up was Washington. I should probably just move on but I grew up with The Hogs and birthright rooting interest runs deep. However, I can’t root for Dan Snyder to succeed.

gently caress.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

LeeMajors posted:

Between a Stafford + UGA title season and

https://twitter.com/starrettjason/status/1487928963196497920?s=21

the super bowl looks pretty ripe for storylines.

These NFL playoffs may actually pull me back into the NFL. Sucks that my team growing up was Washington. I should probably just move on but I grew up with The Hogs and birthright rooting interest runs deep. However, I can’t root for Dan Snyder to succeed.

gently caress.

Don't want to root for the *checks notes* Commanders!!!!!!!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

Yeah I think Braks made one a while ago and sparked discussion about it and I’m still not exactly sure what a King Cake is

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

BlindSite posted:

Was pretty cool ngl! She grew up about 5 mins from where I did.

Is the entire country getting pissed tonight?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pain of Mind posted:

T-Square posted:

Yeah I think Braks made one a while ago and sparked discussion about it and I’m still not exactly sure what a King Cake is

It's a cake that normally has a filling, covered with frosting and colored sugar, and a plastic baby is usually hidden in it. Here's the one from Mikey's that's a fried king cake. Imagine this filled with whatever filling you want that they have. Examples are strawberry, strawberry with cream cheese, blueberry, praline, lemon, chocolate, cinnamon, etc. All king cakes taste differently, but this pretty much tastes like a filled doughnut in a good way. This place actually does hide a small plastic baby in it, and by tradition, if you cut a slice and you get the baby, you're supposed to buy the next one.

They're very tasty.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Don't want to root for the *checks notes* Commanders!!!!!!!

I won’t root for them until Dan Snyder’s corpse is rotting deep, deep in the spongy Potomac watershed.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Samadhi posted:

Is the entire country getting pissed tonight?

I think a fair few were pissed during the game. Some of us are still sober for January

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

LeeMajors posted:

I won’t root for them until Dan Snyder’s corpse is rotting deep, deep in the spongy Potomac watershed.

So in three weeks assuming everything goes to plan?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I actually fell in love with the northern france style king cake, which is way plainer looking but basically a lemon tart. Tastes scrumptious and I end up with zero leftovers when taking to the office both because its smaller and because I get less people refusing to eat any because it looks too wild.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

In really short terms, king cake is brioche baked into a ring. Sometimes there's a fruit or cream filling. There is icing on top and colored sugar.

It's not really cake. More like yeasted dough, similar to a cinnamon roll.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I want everyone of you who refused to eat king cake because its too colorful to know that I judge you. You are being judged.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Barudak posted:

I want everyone of you who refused to eat king cake because its too colorful to know that I judge you. You are being judged.

Out of all the reasons not to eat it, this is the most puzzling.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I can sympathize, as a lot of the time bright colored frosting is a signifier that it's the cheap overly sugary kind of frosting used on gross grocery store cakes. Now, I know that you can make good frosting that is wild coloration, but if I saw something somebody brought to work that was super colorful I'd give it a pass until I got reports otherwise.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Barudak posted:

I would eat the cake. You would have to stop me from eating the cake. If you tried to take the cake away from me you would probably be missing fingers on your hands.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Braksgirl posted:

Deep fried

always a winner

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I would eat the cake, it is just not a thing anywhere I have lived.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
King cake? Make sure you unmute.

https://i.imgur.com/6tGbFn9.mp4

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Mr. Nice! posted:

King cake? Make sure you unmute.

https://i.imgur.com/6tGbFn9.mp4

lmao his soul slowly dies on camera

also they're eating that cake? she peed on that test

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Its Rinaldo posted:

I can sympathize, as a lot of the time bright colored frosting is a signifier that it's the cheap overly sugary kind of frosting used on gross grocery store cakes. Now, I know that you can make good frosting that is wild coloration, but if I saw something somebody brought to work that was super colorful I'd give it a pass until I got reports otherwise.

Wow. You hate fun.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

Wow. You hate fun.

Now you know why he hates your rug.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Intruder posted:

lmao his soul slowly dies on camera

also they're eating that cake? she peed on that test

i love the old dude's reaction, and she also certainly cleaned the test before cooking that thing c'mon.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

i love the old dude's reaction, and she also certainly cleaned the test before cooking that thing c'mon.

once you've peed on a thing it's never clean enough to put in food no matter how much you wash it :colbert:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

BlindSite posted:

I think a fair few were pissed during the game. Some of us are still sober for January

Man, I never thought about Dry January in Australia, but I worked in a fine dining place on the waterfront in Sydney while I was there, and that stretch from Christmas to Valentine’s Day seemed to be a nonstop binge for all involved, you’ve got those, New Years, the Melbourne Cup, Australia Day, Boxing Day, like holy poo poo for a boozy country that’s way more temptation. Worst I’ve got for January is trying to abstain on, I dunno, MLK Jr day?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
We need to have a Joe Burrow/Cincinnati themed Super Bowl party but besides the obvious chili I don't know what else we should do. Braks is suggesting a Bengal pizza, which is a good start.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

How about I just make some pizzas and we have some king cake and I'll buy some orange and black plates and we just make my life easy.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

We need to have a Joe Burrow/Cincinnati themed Super Bowl party but besides the obvious chili I don't know what else we should do. Braks is suggesting a Bengal pizza, which is a good start.

Make some good dessert worse by adding Frosted Flakes.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Braksgirl posted:

How about I just make some pizzas and we have some king cake and I'll buy some orange and black plates and we just make my life easy.

Just make the pizza with orange cheese and Your toppings should be something in long strips And you just burn those so they're black.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Rent a tiger

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Braksgirl posted:

buffalo chicken pizza on black plates so you have your orange, white and black

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dango Bango posted:

Rent a tiger

We have a surly cat

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

We have a surly cat

Perfect.

Also, get cigars in honor of Joe

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

If I can make a suggestion

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

If I can make a suggestion

Alternatively: tiger stripe body paint

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

sb's and braks's superbowl party

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/AvUUQcg.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli