Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

no idea who this parker klyn is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Craig’s joke about Bridget is maybe the funniest thing he ever said

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I like Danhausen :shrug:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
dave using the scientific fact that danhausen likers can cheer 5x louder than a normal person to explain why it sounded like people knew who danhausen was

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

dave using the scientific fact that danhausen likers can cheer 5x louder than a normal person to explain why it sounded like people knew who danhausen was

20% of boos are way louder than 80% of cheers for Cody, but 20% of cheers are enough for a big pop. Dave's methods are fool proof

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

algebra testes posted:

Man I hate Danhausen as much as the next guy but why does the Observer recap call it a "major red flag" ?

I know most observer recaps are bad but I don't get this take?

He hates AEW. He does some kind of poo poo like that every week in the recap and constantly plays down really good matches.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Observer recap always gets stuff wrong. Don’t bother

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

yea ok posted:

20% of boos are way louder than 80% of cheers for Cody, but 20% of cheers are enough for a big pop. Dave's methods are fool proof

Dave's just working to throw you people off the scent of him being on the payroll

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I would never speak to my grandmother, the way Bryan speaks to Granny. A foul little boy.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

It seemed to me about 50% of the crowd popped hard and then after he left you could audibly hear a large amount of chatter in the audience which I assume was the cheering people explaining to the people next to them who danhausen is.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

sportsgenius86 posted:

He hates AEW. He does some kind of poo poo like that every week in the recap and constantly plays down really good matches.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Observer recap always gets stuff wrong. Don’t bother

Ahh cool that makes sense.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Fascinating insight into Vince-brain

https://twitter.com/PrichardShow/status/1486851631236923398

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Man's brain is mush from following Vince logic all these years. All the dumb bad poo poo is always something he personally did. Every now and then he'd luck into something like the Grocery store brawl.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RBX posted:

Man's brain is mush from following Vince logic all these years. All the dumb bad poo poo is always something he personally did. Every now and then he'd luck into something like the Grocery store brawl.

The grocery store brawl is truly and honestly one of the finest moments in wwe history. you can have the beer truck. give me that grocery store brawl every time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

great great interview with Maria Kanellis on WOL today about booking the ROH Women’s Tournament

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vinny gets so excited about how high-brow and intelligent a promo was and then finds out in real-time it was actually a Hey Arnold! reference :allears:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

Vinny gets so excited about how high-brow and intelligent a promo was and then finds out in real-time it was actually a Hey Arnold! reference :allears:

And immediately agrees it's completely correct!

Also, how did they not love the end of the lights out match? Adam Cole being confused about the hug, realising he's trapped in the hug, orange indicating he was going to throw him down into the abyss, cole getting more worried, and then orange somehow both lazily falling but also somehow slamming him down. Perfection!

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

So many people talk about Vince brain, but it couldn't be more clear since the NXT 2.0 launch that Prichard was resposible for a lot of the old ideas. Things like Joe Gacy are a very Pritchardism - Vince has no idea about modern culture but Pritchard reads the in-flight magazines and skims what's new, and pretends he hasn't just superficially ripped off the headlines, all the way back to stuff like denying there was anything racial about Nation of Domination. That and having women act like children.

Is there any distinction between Pritchard and Vince on stuff like this, where it seems that Pritchard has just internalised Vince's point of view so he has all Vince's bad ideas, and then his own flavour of stuff on top of that? Basically how much of Vince brain is really just Pritchard brain?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

vince signs off on everything, so regardless of whos brain brained up the ideas or gimmicks, if vince doesn't like them or think it's such good poo poo, it's not getting to tv. then when he hates it a week later it's off.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Wazzu posted:

And immediately agrees it's completely correct!

Also, how did they not love the end of the lights out match? Adam Cole being confused about the hug, realising he's trapped in the hug, orange indicating he was going to throw him down into the abyss, cole getting more worried, and then orange somehow both lazily falling but also somehow slamming him down. Perfection!

At least it's more in-character than when Cole and Gargano hugged and fell off a thing. I think what took me out of it was that it didn't look like Orange was hugging him that hard? I didn't hate it as much as other people, but I wouldn't say it was a great finish.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't think they allowed young children to do the intros to Botchamania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnwldizapWk

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

does the Garrett wor have rumble spoilers please and thanks

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
looking at the episode description, yes

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yes it has the scoops that you pay for as a wrestling observer newsletter subscriber

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ty

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
https://twitter.com/wiretaup/status/1487823242630946818?s=21

Plz tell me this isn’t real

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
It's real

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Wanna hear Meltzer explain crypto now

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I wonder if this was something that’s coming down from someone in the Sports Illustrated office or if it’s Bryan being Bryan.

“Now, if you wanna sign up for the Observer, you can do it in Bitcoin! BIT! COIN! It’s like worked money.”

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That’s also been there for years, I think it was there when I first signed up in 2013. It was for sure there when I resubbed in 2019.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Coinbase has 4 different interest bearing currencies so if you dump like $1k USD into each one you’ll get free wrestling observers on the interest generated alone

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

buncha fuckin craiglovers.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

What time does B&V start tonight?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dango Bango posted:

i am fcuking mad they didnt do it after the show, the sheer passion of anger wouldve been out of this world

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Dango Bango posted:

9 pacific, midnight eastern i think

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

9 pacific, midnight eastern i think

Oh never mind that's way too late for me to stay up to watch live.

Oh well, I'll just listen to it like normal tomorrow.

Thanks

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

buncha fuckin craiglovers.

That’s me

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I've posted it other spaces and other's have seen it in discord, but working on a project with comrades from DSA that are burned out from organizing and wanting to just to do something that unites us in that being our love of wrestling. Specifically just doing an hour long AEW Dynamite focused pod (mainly because one of the hosts is one of the higher ups in the org); have a bunch of bonus content in my head already (also thinking we can still do Rampage since we have 3 core hosts and 2 back ups). This isn't a leftist critique of wrestling podcast because I find that banal and would be miserable if I had to week after week critique AEW Dynamite from a leftist position.

Anyway we've been fiddling around with coming up with a name with a recent suggestion really sticking out "The Proletariat Lariat" or "The Lariat from the Proletariat"

I'm showrunning this which is going to be stressful in that if any of you have met/talked with me (I did guest back in the old PSP pods back in the day) kind of a mumbler, but hopefully I can work through that!

Anyway other title ideas include: Piledriver your Boss, Wrestling Reds, Pillmanize Your Workplace/Boss/Capitalist, No DQ, No Countouts, No Gods, No Masters, or Guerilla Position.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Don't Turn Your Back On the Wolf-Praxis
Rulez for Radicalz
SLAPJACOBIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005