Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It could be as simple as making sure the pole time isn't slower than one of the first round times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

italian quid posted:

I kept telling people its good but nobody believed me. Just like how nobody believed me when I said the latest matrix film has a scene where a character looks directly at the camera and says "We don't really want to make another matrix but Warner Brothers said they're making one whether we're involved or not so I guess we're making another matrix"

Even though I knew this was coming,when it happened my jaw hit the floor. The stones on Lily Watchowski for putting that in a Hollywood movie. Maximum respect.

At first I was hopeful that the rest of the movie would have “look at how corporate media ruins originality/gently caress you WB” undertones, but I think she said all she had to say on the subject after about 20 mins and threw together some nonsense to fill the rest of the runtime.

My favourite bit though was Neo stopping mid fight to say “I still know kung fu” after he had already been kicking the poo poo out of people for the past 15 mins.

The movie is dogshit, but only a bit more than matrix 2 or 3.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

MustardFacial posted:

At first I was hopeful that the rest of the movie would have “look at how corporate media ruins originality/gently caress you WB” undertones, but I think she said all she had to say on the subject after about 20 mins and threw together some nonsense to fill the rest of the runtime.

It definitely didn't run out after the first 20mins. Go back and listen to The Merovingian's diatribe.

Not a good film though

blunt fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 30, 2022

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

“look at how corporate media ruins originality/gently caress you WB”

This would've been a better message had she not made the worst movie I have ever seen.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I watched Benedetta last night and it’s incredible. That’s how you actually utilize Lambert Wilson instead of writing him in to screech nonsense for a minute

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Tsaedje posted:

It could be as simple as making sure the pole time isn't slower than one of the first round times

Or even that if they're running all this without a recharge making drat sure they can.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Formula E is for people who think Formula 1 could do with more maths.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Formula e 2022: Still a joke

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

Come watch F1 washout Alexander Rossi lead the 24 Hours of Daytona instead

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

rpop posted:

Come watch F1 washout Alexander Rossi lead the 24 Hours of Daytona instead

lol

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

your friend wicka posted:

This would've been a better message had she not made the worst movie I have ever seen.

Compared to House of Gucci, the latest Matrix is Citizen Kane.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

GET IN THERE LEWIS LEGO

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/1487829217005944834?s=20&t=im9_7qYgzo1Y5PqgOa1qKw

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I feel like I missed something because I have no idea what this post is about.

Also maybe the other wachowski was the good one and that was why the new matrix was bad (I haven't seen it though so maybe it's good)

And finally they should make F1 be speed racer

extremely online people are very tiring on all sides of every debate that has ever happened and will ever happen

but I do appreciate the implication that any of my posts have ever made sense

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I watched Benedetta last night and it’s incredible. That’s how you actually utilize Lambert Wilson instead of writing him in to screech nonsense for a minute

I'm glad people are finally watching Benedetta and enjoying it

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

italian quid posted:

I'm glad people are finally watching Benedetta and enjoying it

Is it based on the Wii game or is that just a coincidence

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Why waste even a minute on some dumb movie about nuns when you could be rewatching
??

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is it based on the Wii game or is that just a coincidence

I didn't own a Wii so I can't confirm or deny this

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

marshalljim posted:

Why waste even a minute on some dumb movie about nuns when you could be rewatching
??

I don't speak 3rd world european :shrug:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
have to watch something the first time in order to rewatch it

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

I don't speak 3rd world european :shrug:

Alonso isn't Italian

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Even lesbian nuns get excited about Alonso.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Alonso isn't Italian

I'm formally inviting you to step outside.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

marshalljim posted:

Even lesbian nuns get excited about Alonso.

el plan? :thunkher:

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Welp I just watched the netflix series and I'm thinking of becoming an F1 guy now. So where do I watch and follow stuff for F1 stuff and how do I watch the next race.... Cheers!

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
The next season of drive to survive is in like a month or so. There's gonna be a twist ending and the good guy wins after all.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

styls trill epic posted:

Welp I just watched the netflix series and I'm thinking of becoming an F1 guy now. So where do I watch and follow stuff for F1 stuff and how do I watch the next race.... Cheers!

F1 has a streaming service, it's got a few tiers including one with just on-demand if you're OK with just watching the races a day after or whatever.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Alonso isn't Italian

gently caress you Wicka 🤌

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

styls trill epic posted:

Welp I just watched the netflix series and I'm thinking of becoming an F1 guy now.
Goondolences

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

styls trill epic posted:

You want to follow all Mercedes F1 social media and Lewis Hamilton and that's it.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

net work error posted:

You want to follow all Mercedes F1 social media and Lewis Hamilton and that's it.

?

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Should i buy a PETRONAS hoodie?????

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Lewis abandoned social media and is never coming back, so don't worry about that.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Good chance I'm going to buy this.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

styls trill epic posted:

Should i buy a PETRONAS hoodie?????

Hell, if it makes you happy op. I am thinking of getting some ScudMerch myself.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

marshalljim posted:

Lewis abandoned social media and is never coming back, so don't worry about that.

Phwoar Sir Lewis is well ahead of the curve in recognizing the detrimental effect on human culture and civil society of corporate social media. Already MWDC 2022

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

styls trill epic posted:

Watch the Netflix show, watch some of the Formula 1 youtube videos to get some history (they have a lot of top 10 this and top 10 that which can give you context for the history). The Chainbear youtube channel is also good. On twitter, I have no idea. For podcasts, WTF1 is a popular, but it seems to suck a lot and is boring. The new season starts in March and should be interesting because there is an entirely new set of aerodynamic regulations that should make it more competitive.

Everyone in this thread loves and roots for Max Verstappen - the only rule here.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Alonso isn't Italian

lol

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Feels Villeneuve posted:

F1 has a streaming service, it's got a few tiers including one with just on-demand if you're OK with just watching the races a day after or whatever.

Just FYI this is only true if you are an American, a lot of us can only legally watch F1 on Sky.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Now TV is the way to watch it if you don't want to get locked in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

Everyone in this thread loves and roots for Max Verstappen the wall - the only rule here.