Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I feel like this exact argument has been made for over half a century now. The music industry collapsed because people copying records/tapes/cds/downloading mp3s. The movie industry collapsed because of the pirate bay. Nobody makes videogames anymore because of those darn pirates. Now literally every miniature company is going to go under because of 3d printers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
No miniature company is going to go under because of 3d printers but OP is saying it's ok to copy absolutely everything not nailed down which will absolutely put some people out of business.

Also what about copying stls? Paid for em already so why not give them away?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's this really the thread to have this argument? I just want to look at funny/terrible minis.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Kwyndig posted:

It's this really the thread to have this argument? I just want to look at funny/terrible minis.

It's this, basically.

There are a lot of arguments you can make around piracy, ethics, and practical consequences, but this doesn't feel like the thread to do it. The Industry Thread feels like somewhere more suited to it if you want to argue it out -- I think it comes up there on a semi-regular basis anyway.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah sorry, bring back the dog/horse/werewolf dicks.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

You dropped your mag somewhere...

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Hang-on, let me quickly 3D print another.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fyrbrand posted:

Hello thread, please join me in disgust at this, the worst thing I've seen at a con:

*pats on head*

If you were an old salt like a lot of us, you would know this is downright wholesome compared to some of the poo poo that got out there.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Executed so many heretics its time to reload.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

EVIL Gibson posted:

*pats on head*

If you were an old salt like a lot of us, you would know this is downright wholesome compared to some of the poo poo that got out there.

Christ, it's not even witty or clever, just absolute poo poo

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

The Lone Badger posted:

Executed so many heretics its time to reload.

A real commissar doesn't need bullets when he can club the heretic with his gun butt.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Whats the grossest mini out there? My head always falls back to that mech made out of bugs, but surely there's some holismason creation at the top of the pile

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

w00tmonger posted:

Whats the grossest mini out there? My head always falls back to that mech made out of bugs, but surely there's some holismason creation at the top of the pile

It's in a jar

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

w00tmonger posted:

low bar since that's only gross if you're squeamish and can't stand discarded cicada shells (or emptied lobsters, which I admit does feel kinda wasteful), as meanwhile there's multiple companies that have lines of figures clearly intended for sex slave auction and/or rape dungeon dioramas

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe
Don't forget the book about how to build your very own, superdetailed museum-quality Nazi oven or mass grave.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Z the IVth posted:

Don't forget the book about how to build your very own, superdetailed museum-quality Nazi oven or mass grave.

I was just looking at the companies website the other day, and apparently they reedited the english version and took out the most objectionable content, but left the spanish version intact. The english version is now 30+ pages shorter.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Praise the Ruinous Powers!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

w00tmonger posted:

The Great Clean One.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

w00tmonger posted:

It's not a single mini, but the eldar gang rape diorama is the grossest one I know of

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If we had a tournament bracket for the worst and grossest miniature uninspiration ever, Eldar Rape Diorama would probably take the cake.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Eldar rape diorama at least featured the Eldar reaching for a weapon. It was gross and in poor taste, but the outcome wasn't guaranteed and it wasn't celebrating the subject matter. It was a battle scene, but the rapists didn't know that yet.

Much more gross was the actual nazi propaganda a guy hand-painted on Imperial Guard tanks' bulldozer blades and hulls. Just completely blatant nazism.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The grossest are those nazi marines that are painted ridiculously well, because it's immense skill and talent wasted by the owner/painter being a loving fascist scumbag

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

smug jeebus posted:

Christ, it's not even witty or clever, just absolute poo poo

exhibit a)

moths posted:

Eldar rape diorama at least featured the Eldar reaching for a weapon. It was gross and in poor taste, but the outcome wasn't guaranteed and it wasn't celebrating the subject matter.

there is a rabbit hole you can follow and forever taint your Google search cache but do not go down it. you would find boards dedicated to this poo poo along with the Nazi poo poo and then you find the companies dedicated to making this stuff.

luckily you won't see this stuff at bigger cons like GenCon but more regional stuff, gets weird especially around states like Mississippi or West Virginia (or regular Virginia to the south west)

I remember a magic the gathering artist who did art for it around the start, if you buy his stuff and sees no minorities would bring out his other portfolio.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

This is a real high-class joke for the titty miniature thread.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Silhouette posted:

The grossest are those nazi marines that are painted ridiculously well, because it's immense skill and talent wasted by the owner/painter being a loving fascist scumbag

I believe the same guy moved on to the Dropzone community, where he did a big Dropfleet showcase covered in Imperial Japanese flags. Same poo poo, just with an extra layer of "but whhhhhhhyyy, they're just hiiiiiistorical references!". When called out, he told a German player that he should be honouring his people's proud history.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

We March for McBain

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

w00tmonger posted:

Google Kingdom Death

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah Kingdom Death has a lot of questionable miniatures although not all of them are intended for use with the board game.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

AndyElusive posted:

We March for McBain

"Inside each man is a battle between heresy and imperium that cannot be resolved."
"I am imperial homer, I am imperial homer"

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
A lot of people ITT poo poo on Kingdom Death, and it has priced itself out of my hobby, but what's the game like?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Really bad, it relies on a monster deck for actions and there are in between battle cards you draw based on decisions you make and all of them are bad things happen or minor good thing that wasn't worth the risk happens.

Plus at the end of the game, assuming you make it that far, everyone gets raped to death by unending dick lion waves and other terribly designed monsters.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

A lot of people ITT poo poo on Kingdom Death, and it has priced itself out of my hobby, but what's the game like?

Random bullshit at the campaign level. It's not very good imho.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Get Gloomhaven. Its way more fun, has a good campaign and progression, and isn't creepy.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Get Gloomhaven. Its way more fun, has a good campaign and progression, and isn't creepy.

I've never played a full game of gloomhaven but it does look like fun, unlike Kingdom Death.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Yeah we were having a blast with it before covid derailed our campaign. The combat is so crunchy.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Imagine FTL or other roguealike but each fight takes hours and one run takes dozens of them.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Loxbourne posted:

I believe the same guy moved on to the Dropzone community, where he did a big Dropfleet showcase covered in Imperial Japanese flags. Same poo poo, just with an extra layer of "but whhhhhhhyyy, they're just hiiiiiistorical references!". When called out, he told a German player that he should be honouring his people's proud history.

What confuses me about these jackasses is why they never say "The Hugo Boss uniforms look spiffy. And I hate to lose but I cheer when Nazis lose - so it doesn't feel bad if I lose while playing the Nazi side. Which makes the game more fun for me."

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

AndyElusive posted:

We March for McBain

++ Thought for the Day: Trying is the First Step Towards Heresy ++

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

w00tmonger posted: