Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Is it worse if he’s genuine or if he’s faking the enthusiasm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

i'm not following any wwe title picture close enough will this age like milk

https://mobile.twitter.com/WWEGareth/status/1487813152070852610

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Isn't the assumption that it's Ronda and Becky in April?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'd be astonished if they push bianca at all again in the future

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ronda could face Charlotte if she’s still the other women’s champion

Let’s be honest though nobody on the face of the planet is going to know what’s happening at mania until the day of the show when Vince is forced to settle on something due to time itself being linear and unstoppable.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The worst part of this is how carefully he's sure to hit all the WWE buzzwords.

"WWE Universe"

"30 woman over the top rope match"

Shocked he didn't get in a "Who will Ronda challenge with her championship opportunity at the next Premium Live Event?"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't the assumption that it's Ronda and Becky in April?

Ronda/Charlotte is the assumed match

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
tbh the only real cringe there is that when/if that doesn't happen he probably won't even mention it, same as that guy who said Big E was gonna shoot right back up. By the standards of all his other posts that's pretty good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

I could swear the thing on the WON site said it wasn't?

*a few clicks later* ah, I never saw Dave update it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/mjhinnant/status/1488130337473503235

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that guy ain't real, but he's real cool

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/chairshotgreg/status/1487985352052641793?s=21

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I’m all the people sitting down

I'm all the people not there

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wrong because WWE is like many huge companies where literally doing nothing would be profitable

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Rarity posted:

If this is the case and Charlotte is the current champion then why was she in the Rumble and what would have happened if she won?

And of course they'll never explain how Brock somehow managed to get 30 at the men's rumble.

WWE makes no sense at all.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Elephant Ambush posted:

If this is the case and Charlotte is the current champion then why was she in the Rumble and what would have happened if she won?

And of course they'll never explain how Brock somehow managed to get 30 at the men's rumble.

WWE makes no sense at all.

Well with Charlotte, she wasn’t in any other match scheduled on the card and if the plan is for Ronda vs Charlotte at WM, putting Charlotte in the rumble would help set that in motion.

Then that would leave Becky against…. Bianca for Wrestlemania, perhaps?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Charlotte said she'd choose her opponent if she won IIRC.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Isn't Charlotte facing Lita at 'mania? Isn't that what they've been building towards lately?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Pylons posted:

Charlotte said she'd choose her opponent if she won IIRC.

Ah OK thanks I didn't see any of the buildup

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Vandar posted:

Isn't Charlotte facing Lita at 'mania? Isn't that what they've been building towards lately?

no. Charlotte vs Ronda is and was the long term plan.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Charlotte was in the Rumble cause they have like 15 active women on the roster

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Rarity posted:

Charlotte was in the Rumble cause they have like 15 active women on the roster

I know what the real reason is. I wanted to know if there was a kayfabe reason and it's nice to know that there was one.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

no. Charlotte vs Ronda is and was the long term plan.

So I guess Charlotte and Lita is happening in Saudi Arabia then? Ugh.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly they should've just gone wild and had Mickie win. gently caress it, the champion vs champion thing would at least have been something new for WWE.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly they should've just gone wild and had Mickie win. gently caress it, the champion vs champion thing would at least have been something new for WWE.

I could be wrong about this but other than the WCW/ECW buyout the only outside title they've ever recognized was Ric Flair's NWA title back in the day and I think that was only because they didn't really have a choice. Flair had the belt and he wasn't going to show up without it so they had to roll with it.

They're definitely not going to do that with the Impact Women's title, even though it would be super cool.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Elephant Ambush posted:

I could be wrong about this but other than the WCW/ECW buyout the only outside title they've ever recognized was Ric Flair's NWA title back in the day and I think that was only because they didn't really have a choice. Flair had the belt and he wasn't going to show up without it so they had to roll with it.

They're definitely not going to do that with the Impact Women's title, even though it would be super cool.

They had the Smokey Mountain Tag Team titles defended, and change hands, on WWF programming.

They also did the whole "NWA" invasion in what, 97? 98?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Vandar posted:

So I guess Charlotte and Lita is happening in Saudi Arabia then? Ugh.
there is no lita direction beyond her getting to be a focused character in the rumble.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Ronda going after Charlotte and not the person that beat her in her last match and took her belt with a questionable roll up pin is stupid

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gaz-L posted:

And then they'd sign her back so she could throw her Impact belt in the trash with the rest of her belongings from when she was fired.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

gently caress it, just have it be Ronda vs Charlotte vs Becky for both belts again.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

mooseinfants posted:

Ronda going after Charlotte and not the person that beat her in her last match and took her belt with a questionable roll up pin is stupid

I agree but you can kayfabe it as she only cares about the belt

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

Hahahaha, I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it. Wow, WWE. Way to make your women's title look like a piece of poo poo that doesn't matter.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Elephant Ambush posted:

she came out with it in the rumble, and commentary discussed it. like maybe you meant more deeply than that, but they didn't ignore it or keep it off screen or anything.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Procrastinator posted:

she came out with it in the rumble, and commentary discussed it. like maybe you meant more deeply than that, but they didn't ignore it or keep it off screen or anything.

Yeah I saw that and I was honestly surprised they even mentioned it.

What I was saying is that I don't think it's ever going to go any further than that.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WrestleCringe/status/1488236819225403396

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/preachzilla/status/1488242521901780997?t=mFNso_KCAFeWLtJ7dnGxVQ&s=19

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm assuming he's only counting Dynamite/Rampage/BotB

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It's almost as if someone is a bit very full of poo poo. :thunk:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

I'm assuming he's only counting Dynamite/Rampage/BotB

I'm assuming he's being disingenuous as gently caress, but what else is new?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I wish Tony would just send this geek a cheeseboard so we’d no longer have to see his dumb takes