Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Smythe posted:

thats true but i also have class (zoom class) for political science ... =/

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

So what horrible background does Jenis ice cream have

epstein

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

vyelkin posted:

I got a degree in political science because when I was 18 years old I did not know that political science is a fake discipline for bigtime fail idiots, and also because I am a bigtime fail idiot

A friend and I have a debate on what's more useless than political science. I'll go ahead and say philosophy is, but political science is drat near the bottom.

However, his point that political science is worse is based on the fact that it actively indoctrinates the next generation of chud and liberal consultants, so maybe he is right.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

"political science"........ so, like, dialectical materialism? marxism leninism?

i actually like my classes and professors. some are lib poo poo but i got some theory classes which are the above and its really cool. some really good reading lists. i'd say my curriculum is half mayor pete lib dreck and the other half political philosophy which is the good part. its interesting. the degree is fake indeed however. but its not particularly rigorous and im old. gently caress it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ah christ Smythe I thought you were an old man broken down goon
if you're a college goon why the gently caress are you heaping this nonsense on to yourself
you've still got time to better yourself

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Smythe posted:

i actually like my classes and professors. some are lib poo poo but i got some theory classes which are the above and its really cool. some really good reading lists. i'd say my curriculum is half mayor pete lib dreck and the other half political philosophy which is the good part. its interesting. the degree is fake indeed however. but its not particularly rigorous and im old. gently caress it

it's okay, i also got a poli sci degree back when bc i found the classes interesting and was kinda dumb and not actually think about things like "the real world" and "employability" and "usefulness" and whatnot

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
smythe accumulating as much student debt as he can before joe cancels it

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Uncle Wemus posted:

they give lots of money to Democrats

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

ah christ Smythe I thought you were an old man broken down goon
if you're a college goon why the gently caress are you heaping this nonsense on to yourself
you've still got time to better yourself

im 36 but spent my 20s and 30s building a theatre career lol. didn't really mean for that to happen but it did, and it was great! and successful. but now its time to do something else.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

[Jay Leno voice]

So what else is in the news? Oh! Did you hear about this? Turns out that Something Awful is having yet another pedophile scandal...

*audience does a concerned 'Oooooo....'*

Yeah, terrible stuff. You know it's pretty bad though when Nancy Pelosi has to call up Jeffrey and say "Hey! Save some for the rest of us!"

*audience laughs uproariously*

[Kevin Eubanks, laughing]

Ha ha, that's true Jay, that's true.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Look at all you perverts getting political science degrees instead of a real degree, something you can be proud of, like an English major.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Smythe posted:

im 36 but spent my 20s and 30s building a theatre career lol. didn't really mean for that to happen but it did, and it was great! and successful. but now its time to do something else.

Well hell
you are full of mysteries

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

RealityWarCriminal posted:

the great state of california has covered my tuition & also thanks to the cares act refunding seemingly arbitrary amounts of grant money directly into my bank account (somehow? not sure how this works) im actually making money by going to school. thank you gavin, & also trump (??)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
everybody be quiet...smythe learning about the iron cage of bureaucracy

Smythe posted:

the great state of california has covered my tuition & also thanks to the cares act refunding seemingly arbitrary amounts of grant money directly into my bank account (somehow? not sure how this works) im actually making money by going to school. thank you gavin, & also trump (??)

lol yep apply for every scholarship u can as well. u can get mega money

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
hillary is gonna be referring to smythe as young mouth before too long

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

everybody be quiet...smythe learning about the iron cage of bureaucracy

lol yep apply for every scholarship u can as well. u can get mega money

during my first round of college i thought it was too much work / annoying to apply for grants but now im realizing that this poo poo is real money

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

get as many scholarships as you can and then retire on the scholarship money

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

smythe accumulating as much student debt as he can before he fakes his death and flees to mexico

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

high level epstein tie-in plus big time dem boosting

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

bedpan posted:

also, it's just really loving weird that they pop up in all the photo ops, considering it's an insanely expensive and niche brand. even if there was no epstein connection, it's bizarre.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

bedpan posted:

its loving insane lol. makes the epstein parts of the mind go buckwild

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Smythe posted:

the epstein parts of the mind

u can just say modbrain

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ram dass in hell posted:

u can just say modbrain

two scoops of vanilla, and some young mouth

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I can't tell the difference between these fundraising emails and the ones trying to sell me crypto anymore

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Someone in the other thread said that Young Mouth sounded like one of the Lonely Island guys rap project, and I couldn't help but think of "Young Mouth ft. Preschoolly D" as the artists on a track and I can't tell that to anyone normal.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Azathoth posted:

Someone in the other thread said that Young Mouth sounded like one of the Lonely Island guys rap project, and I couldn't help but think of "Young Mouth ft. Preschoolly D" as the artists on a track and I can't tell that to anyone normal.

curse of the forums. living with these things in your mind unable to find outlet.

this is also the virtue of the sadly nearly extinct goon meet

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Smythe posted:

curse of the forums. living with these things in your mind unable to find outlet.

If you ever come up to the vast frozen plains of Minnesota, I'll buy you a beer.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Smythe posted:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Azathoth posted:

If you ever come up to the vast frozen plains of Minnesota, I'll buy you a beer.

:cheerdoge:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

goon meets kick rear end and making friends with goons owns. haters vacate

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Smythe posted:

I tried to explain the cumshitter meltdown to my wife cause she was curious why I was laughing so hard and now she just doesn’t ask anymore

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

its so hard to be that fat lol. i never understood how people pulled it off.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Good Citizen posted:

I tried to explain the cumshitter meltdown to my wife cause she was curious why I was laughing so hard and now she just doesn’t ask anymore

lol at that, of all the cspam dramas, being the one to try to explain to a normal human being

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smythe posted:

good for you, congrats

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Smythe posted:

thats true but i also have class (zoom class) for political science ... =/

History teaches you both history and political science. Robbing yourself with your choices.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
oh yes these recent events have me chomping at the bit to interact with goons in real life

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
never meet your zeros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

History teaches you both history and political science. Robbing yourself with your choices.

true but im working full time and have a lot of other obligations and i dont think have time to beef out that degree & take that bitch thru grad school. part of choosing this degree is the simplicity of the coursework