Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
We get health care yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

computer: one mouth, young, warm.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

redneck nazgul posted:

you can't legalize weed until you come up with two things:

1. another way for a cop to ruin someone's life based on "i thought i smelled a thing"

2. a way to ensure both wall street and uncle sam get to wet their beak

funny enough wall st. would love to get in on the action - most companies have to get funding through private means and they aren't even allowed to use credit cards. i'm guessing #1 is the big reason and probably because it would auto release a lot of the government slaves from bondage

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Vomik posted:

wrote him a coded message containing the information leading to the arrest of hillar

:ohdear:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the power of history is that it’s the only discipline left that teaches critical thinking and source analysis

it also doesn't pretend to be scientific unlike the social sciences. it has no predicative power, it doesn't pretend to but it can sure as poo poo shed light on how we got to this point

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I did chemistry and I like that cause uh the molecules don't lie or whatever

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Nichael posted:

I got a degree in political science because I knew that when society collapses due to climate change, everyone will be clamoring for someone to do political science to rebuild.

nichael going bunker-to-bunker handing out "I hate to ask for money but I've just been alerted that we need to raise 10,000 grains of rice before we die, could you chip in 100 grains?" fliers

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

this is probably a second sign of mental illness (first being posting here in 2022), but when i look at these pictures i wish i had attended one, just so i could tell stories about it today to people.

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

Vomik posted:

this is probably a second sign of mental illness (first being posting here in 2022), but when i look at these pictures i wish i had attended one, just so i could tell stories about it today to people.

I just want to know if the fat man ever left the chair or if it was somehow attached to him

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Dreylad posted:

it also doesn't pretend to be scientific unlike the social sciences. it has no predicative power, it doesn't pretend to but it can sure as poo poo shed light on how we got to this point

its very funny, my methods class in this MA program was basically the "rip into the social sciences for being pseudo-scientists" hour

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Snake Dance posted:

I just want to know if the fat man ever left the chair or if it was somehow attached to him

isnt that the fat goon from the vomit photos too? lol

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Biology is a depressing field these days. Covid, climate change, patented GMOs, publish or perish, anti-biotic resistance, invasive species, habitat fragmentation.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

unwantedplatypus posted:

Biology is a depressing field these days. Covid, climate change, patented GMOs, publish or perish, anti-biotic resistance, invasive species, habitat fragmentation.

we didn't start the fire!!

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Eggplant Squire posted:

Having an "favored [product] of a political party" is kinda odd

DNC XLVIII
Brought to you by Jeni's - the official pedophile cover of the Democratic Party

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Homeless Friend posted:

its so hard to be that fat lol. i never understood how people pulled it off.

i think the dedication is very inspiring

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

everyone I met who majored in economics or political science and didn't forswear it is a dumbass, to the person

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Snake Dance posted:

i don't know if it's an urban legend, but now i'm thinking about that 1000 pound guy who never left the couch for years and it fused to his skin

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Don't worry I have not been harmed - my skull is absolutely not fractured by a sniper rifle. PS. Vote Dem and donate $5 today!

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

unwantedplatypus posted:

Leonard Bernstein!!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

we didn't start the fire!!

ah gently caress!!

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

We get health care yet?

i was denied for a preexisting condition. young mouth

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vomik posted:

i don't know if it's an urban legend, but now i'm thinking about that 1000 pound guy who never left the couch for years and it fused to his skin

thats Fluffdaddy

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

We get health care yet?

they (cough) don't owe (cough cough cough) you (upsetting hacking and gurgling sounds) any...thththth (I die happily)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
just kidding, couldn't help it.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Smythe posted:

uh oh ban is being queued now, rip

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Check out my Bandcamp Yung Mouth

Jung Mouth finally connecting with his wise old goonette anima

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Yung Mouf no more eggs

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Smythe posted:

don't make light of him

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

All mods and admins are pedos

Also free Catpetter

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

mawarannahr posted:

“You go to a supermarket and you see an antivaxer behind the fuckin’ cash register, you don’t want him to handle your potatoes.”

Neil Young, Melody Maker Magazine. 1985

Neil Young Mouth

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I got a degree in radiologic sciences because superconducting magnets are societal collapse proof

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

look at what the net dragged in at du

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Another fine day of democratic party wins

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Phone posted:

fluffdaddy saw his shadow in qcs

meltdown may is starting 6 weeks early

Whoa, his "shadow." Banned for racism.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

four months now since the newscaster started "let's go brandon" and libs are still salty about it.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Willa Rogers posted:

look at what the net dragged in at du

22,960 posts

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

du's been around so long I was a lib when I started reading it (never posted there tho).

this was back in the day when bush/monkey memes were the height of political humor.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Feell like crossposting the doomsday econ to here
https://twitter.com/orneryscientist/status/1487844142151450626?t=Uh9-jCzV8J4dcWUMkMSqxQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/orneryscientist/status/1487846047133040641?t=TxS6eWhV7OmZalFCwT552g&s=19

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Casey Finnigan posted:

i remember the niel cicierga helldump thread

How much young mouth was he getting?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003