Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1488264128422678535

and that short was supposed to take place in 2000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Cutting glass is hard. Had a small pane break in a window so went on task rabbit and the people on there either couldn't do it or wanted like $250-300 so gently caress that, i'll figure it out. Was able to get the broken bits and all that easy enough but cutting the glass was a pain (lol). I bought two pieces and broke the first one then the second one had an edge that was like a quarter of an inch too thick and I couldn't get that little bit off and wound up breaking that one too. Gonna give it another go tomorrow. Luckily glass is cheap

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Love having people putting together a bunch of Excel worksheets to second-guess the numbers I'm pulling directly off my system then telling me I'm wrong.

Created an extra three hours of work this afternoon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Cutting glass is hard. Had a small pane break in a window so went on task rabbit and the people on there either couldn't do it or wanted like $250-300 so gently caress that, i'll figure it out. Was able to get the broken bits and all that easy enough but cutting the glass was a pain (lol). I bought two pieces and broke the first one then the second one had an edge that was like a quarter of an inch too thick and I couldn't get that little bit off and wound up breaking that one too. Gonna give it another go tomorrow. Luckily glass is cheap

Depending on my financial situation at the time I would just pay the money without blinking or live with a piece of plywood there for like a year or more.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Depending on my financial situation at the time I would just pay the money without blinking or live with a piece of plywood there for like a year or more.

Idk maybe it's a reasonable cost but it sounded like a lot. I'd just go with putting something over it but it's right next to my couch and its cold :(

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skwirl posted:

or live with a piece of plywood there for like a year or more.

I've definitely had a time in my life where I rocked the garbage bag duct taped over the broken window of my car look with no shame.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Joey Freshwater posted:

how small is this pane? can't you just go to home depot and use their cutter to cut a small pane to size? I think they'll even do it for you for free

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Samadhi posted:

BREAKING NEWS: Sony has bought Ion Storm

Deus Ex PreSequelSpinoff when?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Intruder posted:

how small is this pane? can't you just go to home depot and use their cutter to cut a small pane to size? I think they'll even do it for you for free

That might not be at every Home Depot. At least the one by me said they couldn't do it when I needed a glass pane for a picture frame cut to size.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

I didn’t ask but I did google and saw that they wouldn’t cut it but maybe it’s by location. I’ll ask tomorrow when I go back, good idea.

It’s 12x9 none of the precut ones would work

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

I didn’t ask but I did google and saw that they wouldn’t cut it but maybe it’s by location. I’ll ask tomorrow when I go back, good idea.

It's definitely by location then because mine also doesn't work for precut sizes but the location near me did have a cutter next to the glass

I can't remember if I had to do it myself or had someone do it though, it's been many years

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’ve gotten glass online, or even framing stores for frames, but that’s probably pretty thin stuff.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
In my own stubbornness I kinda want to figure it out and do it myself. I like to consider myself handy and can/will do most project around the house unless it’s plumbing or high voltage

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

In my own stubbornness I kinda want to figure it out and do it myself. I like to consider myself handy and can/will do most project around the house unless it’s plumbing or high voltage

I mean if they have the cutter then gently caress it do it yourself on the cutter, but there's no reason to try to do it at home if you don't have to. For one thing you'll get a cleaner cut and straighter lines

You just set the size and then it cuts along the rail

e: dont' be like my dad who does the "why get them to use a router when I have a wood chisel at home?"

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 31, 2022

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That’s it I’m just gonna bite the glass into the shape I want

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Grittybeard posted:

I've definitely had a time in my life where I rocked the garbage bag duct taped over the broken window of my car look with no shame.

Yeah, I've had both situations, where it's like "I have seven dollars" and you do a makeshift thing, and then other times where I can't do it every day but if it's a sudden surprise and I don't have other money issues I can drop like a few hundred bucks without blinking.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

This is pretty much me with everything too lol, and sometimes I hate myself for it, but I do get an immense amount of satisfaction out of it.

Case in point, my friend and I both have the same motorcycle but mines older, we both have different ideas for completely modifying them. He has basically has a full shop at his disposal but he’ll just pay someone else to do it, while I’ve been freezing my tots off in the garage the last several weeks tearing mine down and trying to figure it all out myself. Some day we’ll both be riding dope rear end bikes but mine will be way cooler because I didn’t pay someone else to do it for me :shrug:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1488264128422678535

and that short was supposed to take place in 2000

Honestly, good for them for riding two weeks of sustained interest to millions of dollars.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Is it even the guy who created it that's getting the money? I remember reading about how he specifically declined to trademark anything and that's why so many copycats popped up

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/Cheesegod69/status/1487908873100951552

america.txt

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Intruder posted:

Is it even the guy who created it that's getting the money? I remember reading about how he specifically declined to trademark anything and that's why so many copycats popped up

Presumably?

https://twitter.com/powerlanguish/status/1488263944309731329

A posting buddy made the good point that Twitter absolutely could have been a good purchaser of this, content that makes you want to engage in the platform on a daily basis. But eh, the NYT is probably fine.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I already do the crossword and spelling bee everyday, so having wordle in the same place is nice for me.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Welp. Add me to the TFF 'rona list.

gently caress! Really didn't want to catch it, especially while I've been receiving rituxamab. Been feeling symptoms for a week now, some days worse than others.

Got my booster scheduled for Friday, hoping I don't have to reschedule it.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Took a long weekend this week to rent a cabin and go snowshoeing. It was a pretty good time even if it was like zero degrees every morning. It was also nice to get away from the internet and not have any clue if Biden and Putin had decided to plunge us into nuclear winter.

I was hoping to catch up on the games but apparently NFL Network is trying to memoryhole SF/LA since they’re only playing it at like 1am.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Do employee self evaluations typically mean anything? I rated myself 3/5 overall

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

General Dog posted:

Do employee self evaluations typically mean anything? I rated myself 3/5 overall

When i was a director, they never counted but they were interesting in that it gave you a window on how the employee views things whether they answered honestly or blew smoke up your rear end.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Like a true 3/5 employee, I offered no additional comment

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Welp. Add me to the TFF 'rona list.

gently caress! Really didn't want to catch it, especially while I've been receiving rituxamab. Been feeling symptoms for a week now, some days worse than others.

Got my booster scheduled for Friday, hoping I don't have to reschedule it.

shouldn't have kissed all those titties

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Its Rinaldo posted:

When i was a director, they never counted but they were interesting in that it gave you a window on how the employee views things whether they answered honestly or blew smoke up your rear end.

The cowards approach.

I am 1 point less than perfect, an all evaluations, now and forever.

Money please.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Look at this bird

https://i.imgur.com/cbqaAJN.mp4

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hell yeah bird, shoot your shot, don’t let physical differences get in the way of love

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

So you're saying it's gotten worse? :v:

Get out of there man.

ugh it really has, the finance person is also looking for an exit now.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

That sucks dude, your work scope there is insane, especially if it includes physically unloading pallets to boot. Ultimatum time.

yea ive spent the last few weeks trying to relay that its way too much. last week when i was finally getting somewhere he cut me off to go talk to the marketing guy, so that was fun. the second i have any other offer, im out or ill just quit if that doesnt happen soon enough

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

Took a long weekend this week to rent a cabin and go snowshoeing. It was a pretty good time even if it was like zero degrees every morning. It was also nice to get away from the internet and not have any clue if Biden and Putin had decided to plunge us into nuclear winter.

I was hoping to catch up on the games but apparently NFL Network is trying to memoryhole SF/LA since they’re only playing it at like 1am.

That looks awesome! Where is that? How was snow shoeing? I’m going to Jackson Hole next week to do pretty much the same thing you did. We’re gonna do the snowshoeing but also do dog sledding

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

In everyone's favorite place, the hospital waiting room. Daughter can't keep anything down and hasn't eaten anything since Saturday. On-call nurse we spoke to on the phone yesterday said there was a stomach bug going around and she'd probably be fine but she still throws up if she even has a little bit of liquid.

We were able to give her little sips of water and pedialyte throughout the day, but that's about all she's had. She's in surprisingly good spirits all things considered but I'll be relieved when this is resolved. Hospital is the last place I want to be right now.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

General Dog posted:

At my company if you give yourself anything more than a 3/5 they'll come back and say "Really? Like, really?" and make you "reevaluate". Managers also get to do a score and if they go above 3/5 upper management just comes down and says "Yeah, nah - make them a 3."

gently caress corporations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

General Dog posted:

I've never done one but I've thought about it, and vacillated between a basic "I don't do anything" Tyler Durden-style one and a "you should all be lucky to breathe my loving carbon dioxide" one.

It sucks that my immediate supervisor is a smart, capable, good manager with common sense who I'm on good terms with. It means I have to shelve all the fun games I played with his predecessor, that I helped get demoted.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Update: kiddo has been given something called Zofran. They gave her a popsicle but I get nothing! <:mad:>

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

That looks awesome! Where is that? How was snow shoeing? I’m going to Jackson Hole next week to do pretty much the same thing you did. We’re gonna do the snowshoeing but also do dog sledding

It’s State Forest State Park (:effort: on the part of whoever did the naming there) in CO, about 2 hours west of Ft. Collins. Snowshoeing was great! The main trails in the area we were in were groomed so it was easier than if we were breaking fresh snow. We did about 10 miles on the first day but the last mile or so we just cut straight across the untouched snow on the reservoir to the cabin, and that was exhausting. We had some friends with us who did it on skies and I’m not sure which would be preferable tbh, but I was very jealous when we got to the top of the pass and they just skied down while we had to schlep our way to the bottom.

I have never been dog sledding but I have considered buying the dog joring system from Ruffwear for our dog - if he’s going to try to pull my rear end over in the snow anyway I might as well make it worth our while. You’ll have to let us know what it’s like!

Here’s one more photo from the mountains. We had bluebird days every day except today which was of course the one I didn’t wake up early to try for photos, so I had to content myself with the cloud formations in this one from just off the visitor center parking lot.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

At my company if you give yourself anything more than a 3/5 they'll come back and say "Really? Like, really?" and make you "reevaluate". Managers also get to do a score and if they go above 3/5 upper management just comes down and says "Yeah, nah - make them a 3."

gently caress corporations.

Yeah same, ours has four different categories but the Meets Expectations is where basically everyone gets dropped into.

What’s the point of other options if you’re only using one? What is this, the IGN scoring rubric of old?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Quiet Feet posted:

Update: kiddo has been given something called Zofran. They gave her a popsicle but I get nothing! <:mad:>

Zofran is a miracle drug, it makes you stop vomiting and stops you from wanting to vomit There has to be a 7/11, Walgreens, or CVS nearby to get you a popsicle. Glad everything seems to be going in the right direction! Pro-tip: treat that popsicle she got like a million dollar lottery ticket. Its easy to do and makes her trip to the ER fun and less traumatic. Act like a jelly bitch over it.