Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I'm not sure if they've finished the last couple 747s before the line goes down for good this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
747s rule, queen of the skies

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
747s are huge in international cargo

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Boston got 23.6" yesterday? holy hell

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
winter hurricanes?! more likely than you think

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

747s rule, queen of the skies

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

brricanes

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Lol

Woke up to a crew from national grid clearing branches along the neighbors driveway, some of which are on our trees. and then they took a full tree from our backyard to make way for a new power pole / extension :(

Naturally my wife is livid and it’s my fault for not stopping them. "For a self professed revolutionary you sure bow down to government authority quickly"

I asked her if she’d like me to shoot them.

Day's going great so far

they had some sort of imminent domain paperwork onhand right?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it was probably in a utility easement ie not actually "your" land

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it was probably in a utility easement ie not actually "your" land

since when should that stop you from taking some shots at the black helicopters

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Storm Corrie arrived in the Netherlands today, and made me have to take the bus home instead of the train because a tree damaged the overhead powerlines :mad:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

That cat is trying to cover up climate change

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
lmao they named the snowpocalypse bearing down on the midwest "Landon"

Let's go Landon

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
naming snowstorms is dumb as poo poo

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

naming snowstorms is dumb as poo poo

So how do you monetize them without branding???

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Gunshow Poophole posted:

lmao they named the snowpocalypse bearing down on the midwest "Landon"

Let's go Landon

more and more people are saying it everyday, it's incredible

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Blet's Blow Blandon

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lol

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Perfect.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
63 yesterday and between today and tomorrow we're supposed to get 8-14 inches which is a lot for KC to put it mildly

i'm gonna get eaten by the samsquanch

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

I’m gonna have to snowblow another spot for my dog to poop in after this. We’re supposed to get 12-18”

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

What the gently caress is up with Providence's approach to plowing, even on main thoroughfares they just ignore lanes and don't clear poo poo at all on certain roads lol :wtc:

The towns just outside the city seem to handle it a lot better in terms of clearing poo poo - I get that an urban center is a lot different but I've driven in a ton of cities with snow and it's bizarre how many turn lanes and other things are not cleared or in some cases have had even more snow dumped in them, versus plowing it onto esplanades and such where no pedestrians would be blocked

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://public.wmo.int/en/media/press-release/wmo-certifies-two-megaflash-lightning-records

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Good soup! posted:

What the gently caress is up with Providence's approach to plowing, even on main thoroughfares they just ignore lanes and don't clear poo poo at all on certain roads lol :wtc:

The towns just outside the city seem to handle it a lot better in terms of clearing poo poo - I get that an urban center is a lot different but I've driven in a ton of cities with snow and it's bizarre how many turn lanes and other things are not cleared or in some cases have had even more snow dumped in them, versus plowing it onto esplanades and such where no pedestrians would be blocked

I'm convinced a lot of municipalities get kickbacks from body repair shops.

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Is Texas getting another 100 year snow storm *checks notes* less then a year later?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

dew worm posted:

Is Texas getting another 100 year snow storm *checks notes* less then a year later?

Yeah. Seems to me that global warming is a hoax

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

it’s okay this one is merely cold instead of state destroyingly cold

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I'm convinced a lot of municipalities get kickbacks from body repair shops.

I know of a road that goes down a very long and steep hill on which the speed limit decreases from 45 at the top to 35 in the middle to 25 at the bottom. Local cops love to hide at the bottom looking for a quick victim. The road is arrow straight and not running past any houses. There's no reason for the speed limit to go down like that. The conspiracy theory is that the whole thing is the result of an unholy union between the police, the local government, and local brake shops.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

he read this thread and killed himself

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1488507880139640840

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Technically, he didn't see his shadow

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Trying and failing to imagine a lightning bolt that lasts for 17 seconds. It's like hearing about the Great Chilean earthquake lasting for 10 minutes. Unfathomable.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Who likes snow?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

SirPablo posted:

Who likes snow?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Is it was it the old normal for parts of Texas to get a foot of snow in February?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Futanari Damacy posted:

Is it was it the old normal for parts of Texas to get a foot of snow in February?

Define the timespan, last 2 years.. Yes.. last 10 years no

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Here's the chance of getting a foot or more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mr. Lobe posted:

Technically, he didn't see his shadow

Philosophically, he did.