Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Are you kidding? I'm sure Richard was crying about this game all week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Who gives a poo poo who gives a gently caress.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Howard has to send JD to the Super Bowl if the Bengals win this.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

WAAHHHHHH

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I love Richard and I think it's fine for anyone, including men, to cry, absolutely.

But crying over a loving sports game that you're not even involved in is some top shelf pathetic poo poo.

Edit: same goes for rioting. It's loving sports, calm the hell down.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I love Richard and I think it's fine for anyone, including men, to cry, absolutely.

But crying over a loving sports game that you're not even involved in is some top shelf pathetic poo poo.

The reason he gets poo poo is not because he shows emotion, it's because he regularly cried on the air just thinking about how much he likes things like specific, known garbage horror movies.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ehh,, when the Eagles won the super bowl in 2018 I saw many of my brothers and uncles crying. A lot, lot, lot going on there and it was Philadelphia's first super bowl win. We won against the greatest team/quarterback of all time, in a super bowl rematch from 2005 and the game came down to the final play. It's one of my fondest memories of my entire life, and I always get a little emotional when I watch live footage of it/people's own footage from the event. Just a great time to be in Philadelphia having me and my whole family grown up there & watching it with everyone together. That 2017 nfl season was also straight out of a movie script :unsmith:

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 31, 2022

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Football, baseball, my balls, what's the difference?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

UK vs Duke in the 1992 NCAA college basketball final. Fans still have PTSD when they talk about watching the end of that game.

Edit: I was about to write Howard Hessman a note.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
When year after year, the sports team you passionately cheer for let’s you down/loses all the time, if they defy the odds and win the championship, it’s quite emotional. Years of pent up anger/disappointment/feigned indifference all releasing at once, while being replaced by a tidal wave of utter satisfaction/redemption/joy/relief, which can make you cry.

Yes, people that passionate about a sports team isn’t the most mature thing, but we all have things we’ve hung onto/still follow from our childhoods, because of exactly that, it reminds us of better times/less worries.

Like if you collected comics/collected stamps/played video games/played D&D/•insert female versions* if one day you stumbled upon the most rare comic in mint condition/randomly found a PS5 in a Walmart during the shortage, you might also be overcome with some emotion. Most likely not crying, but some emotion would surely be felt.

Not sure if the above helps, but I was trying to think of a good analogy to grown men sports fans crying before the edibles kicked in (I’ve failed).

Sorry for all the /‘s.

Baba Booey

Edit: I swear, just about every celebrity death I hear about is from this thread, and it’s usually quite quick after it’s first announced.

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 31, 2022

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I was extremely high when I wrote my post too so this all checks out so far :tipshat:

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Edit: same goes for rioting. It's loving sports, calm the hell down.

I think he so cried about how much he loves Family Guy

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

He cried over a King of the Hill episode too. He's a simple man who loves what he loves

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

He loves wearing diapers to concerts and not brushing his teeth

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

A majority of Richard and his wife's football fandom is because it gives them an excuse to ignore their children and drink alcohol. That they named their kid after Carson loving Wentz is hilarious and probably proves my point more than anything could.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

That they named their kid after Carson loving Wentz

ok now he lost me :barf:

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
goofa him

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
drat that headshot of Richard. So much alcohol bloat. Sad.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

All this talk of crying about football but the dude is fully red/purple.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/sivbx6/stuttering_john_giving_up_his_0005_spotify/

Imagine being this delusional.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Reasons for joining Spotify:
Neil Young music
Stuttering John's podcast

Checks out

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Lol

I wish New Stern would comment on something like this

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hey, at least he's on the right side of this poo poo.

At the same time, fuckin :lol:

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The best reply from that

"Who is this and what does he do that makes him famous?"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

What happened to John? I feel like he went off to Leno, poked his head up now and then, but the least 5 years he's all over poo poo. My guess is she lost his poo poo in the market and is not grabbing for whatever he can get?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
So did anyone hear about the bet that JD and Richard made?

Apparently if Cincinnati won, Richard would have to burn his Chief's hat and Jersey, if KC (Kansas City you dorks) won, then Richard would get to stare at JD's dick for 60 seconds.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I can't tell who was rooting for who with that bet.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

kylej posted:

The best reply from that

"Who is this and what does he do that makes him famous?"

How would you even answer if the person asking was under 30?

He was the announcer for a couple years for the guy before Jimmy Fallon? He asked celebrities dumb questions on a drive time radio show?

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He's the hero of the stupid.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

So did anyone hear about the bet that JD and Richard made?

Apparently if Cincinnati won, Richard would have to burn his Chief's hat and Jersey, if KC (Kansas City you dorks) won, then Richard would get to stare at JD's dick for 60 seconds.

Wait, so if JD loses, Richard GETS to stare at his dick for a minute?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Wait, so if JD loses, Richard GETS to stare at his dick for a minute?

From howard stern.com

https://www.howardstern.com/show/2022/01/25/jd-harmeyer-and-richard-christy-make-a-high-stakes-bet-on-the-bengals-chiefs-game/

quote:

Richard and JD then decided to make a friendly wager: Should the Bengals lose, JD must show Richard his penis for 60 seconds. Should the Bengals win, Richard must burn his beloved Chiefs gear.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bonzo posted:

What happened to John? I feel like he went off to Leno, poked his head up now and then, but the least 5 years he's all over poo poo. My guess is she lost his poo poo in the market and is not grabbing for whatever he can get?

Still laughing about the time John said " if you're going to fire me, do it on air" then when he got fired he started complaining and saying " why did you fire me on air?"

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
That whole exchange is worth a listen. The director does come across as lovely, but John also comes across as a lazy gently caress.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

How in the world did this come about? I imagine 3 possibilities:

A) JD has some legendary cock (allegedly)
B) JD is ultra scared to be nude in front of anyone
C) Richard is being Richard.

Even though C is likely, I feel like it would at least tie into A or B.

Edit: nm, I actually read the article. Looks like it's a bit of A and mostly C.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Feb 3, 2022

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

How in the world did this come about? I imagine 3 possibilities:

A) JD has some legendary cock (allegedly)
B) JD is ultra scared to be nude in front of anyone
C) Richard is being Richard.

Even though C is likely, I feel like it would at least tie into A or B.

Edit: nm, I actually read the article. Looks like it's a bit of A and mostly C.

D) Howard's desire to discuss cock at any opportunity.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bonzo posted:

He blew through all the money he made with Leno and then got absolutely clobbered in the divorce with Suzanner. Good for her though, he treated his wife like a piece of poo poo servant all those years. Now he lives in a roach infested 1 bedroom apartment and is a full blown alcoholic. He strongly resembles a jack o lantern from Halloween 2 years ago, slowly rotting in the sun. John also found some shyster lawyer to file a ridiculous lawsuit against Sirius for using his name and likeness to promote the show. This is baffling to me, since Sirius was simply playing old material (of which they own all the rights).

I actually feel somewhat sorry for the guy. Any time anyone (accurately) calls him a no-talent loser, he brings up the fact that he was head writer for the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar roast, something from a hundred years ago that nobody actually saw. Or that he got a trumpet solo in a 5th grade band performance.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Feb 3, 2022

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Don't forget this. I think it aired once on Headbangers Ball at 1:55am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbaC6yBpRXI

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Don't forget this. I think it aired once on Headbangers Ball at 1:55am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbaC6yBpRXI

I bet Gilbert cleaned out the craft services table as payment for his 10 second appearance.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo was that Sting at the end? Talk about the power of Howard in the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Today's the 4yr anniversary of Philadelphia getting our first super bowl win and i got choked up watching this and I thought about this thread haha

https://twitter.com/SportsRadioWIP/status/1489593036942237696?s=20&t=gqT5fdx51IuwfOjESDq3fw