Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

indigi posted:

I have a second complaint with the game, Hisuian Decidueye sucks absolute hippo diarrhea through a paper towel roll

rowlett is the cutest pokemon they've ever made and the other two evolutions are some of the dumbest pokemon they've ever made. I just want a level 100 rowlett

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

indigi posted:

I have a second complaint with the game, Hisuian Decidueye sucks absolute hippo diarrhea through a paper towel roll

Appearance, or?

I don't know he's my favorite of the starters, he wasn't very strong in SuMo either

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

HopperUK posted:

It's James out of the anime!

....Oh my loving God.

I can't believe I missed that.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

To evolve goomy all the way can you just have a sligoo at level 41 and be in the rain for it to trigger or do you need to level up sligoo in the rain?
you do not need to level up once you satisfy the evolution conditions in this game. you can walk to the moss/ice rock with a freshly caught eevee and instantly evolve it right there.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Today I learned you can both spawn and fight two alphas at once if you get lucky (or unlucky if you don't have anything to face them with)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

rowlett is the cutest pokemon they've ever made and the other two evolutions are some of the dumbest pokemon they've ever made. I just want a level 100 rowlett

Dartrix is very good.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

I like H. Decidueye's little yojimbo hat :colbert:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

The professor has little habitats for the starters in his office. A little tree for Rowlet, a tank for Oshawott, and Cyndaquil is chilling in a little hearth. So cute.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

HopperUK posted:

The professor has little habitats for the starters in his office. A little tree for Rowlet, a tank for Oshawott, and Cyndaquil is chilling in a little hearth. So cute.

Honestly I'm so glad Prof. Laventon is just what he appears to be and acts like a sweet dorky dad to your character. If he was some double reverse secret agent poo poo I was going to be pissed. Actual secret villain of the game is excellent though. And his behavior, while I'm sure it's meant to be endearing it's actually subtly creepy enough that you pick up there's something really wrong with this guy long before what's he's up to comes out.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
package from pokemon center came today, finally

didn't get the plushie yet, annoyingly, but i'm having a lot of fun with the game. it's fun!!

lookit my babies :kimchi:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

didn't get the plushie yet, annoyingly, but i'm having a lot of fun with the game. it's fun!!

Congratulations! You're going to be glued to that screen for a couple days though.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Flopsy posted:

Honestly I'm so glad Prof. Laventon is just what he appears to be and acts like a sweet dorky dad to your character. If he was some double reverse secret agent poo poo I was going to be pissed. Actual secret villain of the game is excellent though. And his behavior, while I'm sure it's meant to be endearing it's actually subtly creepy enough that you pick up there's something really wrong with this guy long before what's he's up to comes out.
i'm only in the second area but you're talking about Volo, right

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Amppelix posted:

you do not need to level up once you satisfy the evolution conditions in this game. you can walk to the moss/ice rock with a freshly caught eevee and instantly evolve it right there.

awesome, perfect.

Deified Data posted:

I like H. Decidueye's little yojimbo hat :colbert:

the hat is super cool but it's legs are so dorky looking, I can't take it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

HopperUK posted:

It's so weird you can't interact with them though. You can do it with every other pokemon at Jubilife but not them.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

awesome, perfect.

the hat is super cool but it's legs are so dorky looking, I can't take it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Blaziken386 posted:

Oshawott just the goodest boy.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I snuck up on an alpha tangrowth in the grass at night, waited for the perfect opportunity for at least 1 full minute, then beaned it in the back of its head with a heavy ball and caught it on the very first go.

Very strong Manhunt energy/10

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Amppelix posted:

i'm only in the second area but you're talking about Volo, right

Yup. He gets creepier as the game goes on and I just kept getting this vibe that he wants something from me and is just barely managing a facade of pleasantness until he gets it. Fun thing is the reverse happens with Cyllene becoming more protective and doting of you to point she actively worries about you dying. Some characters in the game have big parent energy and Volo ain't one of them. It's like he's forcing it so he can get you alone at an inopportune time.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

EorayMel posted:

I snuck up on an alpha tangrowth in the grass at night, waited for the perfect opportunity for at least 1 full minute, then beaned it in the back of its head with a heavy ball and caught it on the very first go.

Very strong Manhunt energy/10

I tried to stun then use a heavy ball on the alpha blissy and apparently they did not like being pelted with rotten acorns as all ten of my heavy balls didn't work. This game is so stupid and I love it. It's everything I've ever wanted from a pokemon game, except good graphics.

It's pretty funny when you're trying to snipe a flying pokemon and they go from 30fps to 15fps to clash of the titans fps to 15fps then 30fps as they circle around their domain.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Teddieursa aren’t attracted to honey cakes, trash game 0/10

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's everything I've ever wanted from a pokemon game, except good graphics.

Oh look it's my review in nutshell. I mean yeah the graphics are wanting but in comparison to the previous game it's absolutely beautiful. They're still finding their feet for an open world but by God they are getting there at least.

Pokemon legends is several little steps forward but no steps back and that to me is huge.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Flopsy posted:

Yup. He gets creepier as the game goes on and I just kept getting this vibe that he wants something from me and is just barely managing a facade of pleasantness until he gets it. Fun thing is the reverse happens with Cyllene becoming more protective and doting of you to point she actively worries about you dying. Some characters in the game have big parent energy and Volo ain't one of them. It's like he's forcing it so he can get you alone at an inopportune time.

yeah makes you wonder like... whats his actual deal... i know this game is a darker take so, wonder whats up with him?? probably a bit more than the game lets on imo

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Stux posted:

yeah makes you wonder like... whats his actual deal... i know this game is a darker take so, wonder whats up with him?? probably a bit more than the game lets on imo

What is your problem exactly? Why are you coming in here making GBS threads on totally normal things people say while chatting about the game?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

illegally speculating over a charact er another poster mentioned. sentence? death.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Flopsy posted:

Oh look it's my review in nutshell. I mean yeah the graphics are wanting but in comparison to the previous game it's absolutely beautiful. They're still finding their feet for an open world but by God they are getting there at least.

Pokemon legends is several little steps forward but no steps back and that to me is huge.

This with some city and gym progression like mainline game, and the graphics of BOTW: the best game of all time. Hopefully they take the hint

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

This with some city and gym progression like mainline game, and the graphics of BOTW: the best game of all time. Hopefully they take the hint

we can all agree on this, and also that the stat changes etc must die. all gamers together, united. a beautiful thing.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Stux posted:

we can all agree on this, and also that the stat changes etc must die. all gamers together, united. a beautiful thing.

Can you loving chill please? For fucksakes all you do is poo poo up the thread endlessly and it's exhausting. Like don't you get bored of this poo poo? You just got probated for doing this and you learned gently caress all.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 1, 2022

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i was literally agreeing with what he said. legends with full set of towns, gyms/totems/whatever, botw tier graphics, would be an incredible game. calm down lol

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Stux posted:

i was literally agreeing with what he said. legends with full set of towns, gyms/totems/whatever, botw tier graphics, would be an incredible game. calm down lol

Out of curiosity is it because you didn't like the game you feel it's necessary to pull the passive aggressive schtick with everyone here?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i wasnt being passive aggressive. i was very directly agreeing with the premise in the post i quoted. i would very much enjoy that game and i think it would probably be something everyone with an interest in pokemon games would enjoy regardless of their feelings on arceus. now, stop being a weird little freak.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Stux posted:

i wasnt being passive aggressive. i was very directly agreeing with the premise in the post i quoted. i would very much enjoy that game and i think it would probably be something everyone with an interest in pokemon games would enjoy regardless of their feelings on arceus. now, stop being a weird little freak.

You just created a loving irony blackhole.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Spanish Manlove posted:

Unless they hire more talent that ain't happening

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I hope Umbreon's shoulders didn't get tired carrying my team through the first half of the game. This is my first time using one and she's been a beast and a blessing.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they should make this game but instead of having combat tacked on and catching ralts 40 times it's just free roam pokemon snap. and tighten up the graphics

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

they should make this game but instead of having combat tacked on and catching ralts 40 times it's just free roam pokemon snap. and tighten up the graphics

this. a legends 2 that leans into the research... god tier tgaming...

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like the catching but I do hope a sequel would have it so that you can fill research levels largely from sidequests involving specific pokemon or unique interactions. Especially for rarer pokemon.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
a lot of snap's charm is scripted events on a timer, I don't think even a good and competent team would be able to pull off free roam edition

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i believe

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

a lot of snap's charm is scripted events on a timer, I don't think even a good and competent team would be able to pull off free roam edition

Some of the pokemon AI in game isn't too shabby. I mean it's not pre-set Pokemon snap levels of good but it's definitely better than what you get in most mainline games. I really liked the fact that Pokemon in game were not having my poo poo when I failed sneaking up on them. Even if I ducked behind a rock they'd still be glowering at me until I awkwardly shuffled away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Gamerofthegame posted:

There's no perfect way to do it, but some basic "do this to make a Pokemon dance" or "when these two Pokemon meet on the field they fight" animations could be possible