Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer pal

i love to have a cup of coffee for breakfast

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games

sephiRoth IRA posted:

How do you find time? Do you prep all the onion and pep beforehand? I'm jealous because that sounds delicious

I cut an entire bunch of green onion at once. It lasts for 2 or 3 days and I use it on almost every meal. The pepper is cracked black pepper. :) I'm also up at 5:00 every day and my commute is only about 15 minutes so I have lots of time.

I do spend a lot of time on meal prep. I'm thinking of just dicing up an entire red onion and green pepper since that would easily last about 3 meals. Dinner is typically fried rice, curry and rice or pasta with vegetables. Leftovers are typically lunch the next day.

Goons Are Gifts

breakfast is sacred and so is your choice in how to make it happen :worship:

Heather Papps

hello friend

beer pal posted:

i love to have a cup of coffee for breakfast

this is real nice, and maybe a firm banana

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Goons Are Great posted:

breakfast is sacred and so is your choice in how to make it happen :worship:

gag you may knot kno this but in english breakfast comes from the ancient term "to break fast" which implies that if people could sleep while eating they would (i do this sometimes). anyways mainly the idea that not eating for like 7 hours counts as a fast makes me smile

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Heather Papps posted:

Firm bananas are the only ones I'll eat

Goons Are Gifts

I have learned that no matter what you eat, it's all about how regularly you eat and seven hours of not eating just because you're what, sleeping, is biologically not optimal, so this definitely counts as a fast and we need to break it soon

Robot Made of Meat

Heather Papps posted:

At my age, it's asking a bit much for a firm banana at breakfast-time.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

Heather Papps posted:

gag you may knot kno this but in english breakfast comes from the ancient term "to break fast" which implies that if people could sleep while eating they would (i do this sometimes). anyways mainly the idea that not eating for like 7 hours counts as a fast makes me smile

This idea dawned on me at a somewhat early age while watching a Sean Connery Bond film. He ordered Break-fast, and I had an epiphany.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

xcheopis

I used to make breakfasts ranging from pretty fancy to a bowl of cereal with soy milk. Then, I don't know. One day I stopped being able to eat first thing in the morning and I don't get hungry until around 8:30 am or so, and even then it's usually just toast. (I do eat lunch before noon, most days. But sometimes not. And I rarely eat dinner anymore.)

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

xcheopis

Tomorrow I will be getting my fourth Moderna shot! I think I should have one of those "get 10 vaccine shots, get the 11th free" cards or something but, to be fair, they've all been free so I shouldn't complain.

Ooooo, another spot taken up on my vaccine card! Winning!

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Whoops almost forgot to cross post this here. Made this for CJ for no particular reason this morning

https://streamable.com/l/wkzpw0/mp4-high.mp4

B33rChiller

Ooh lala!

No video from me, but here's tonight's jam https://soundcloud.com/beer-chiller/31-jan-jam

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

B33rChiller posted:

Ooh lala!

No video from me, but here's tonight's jam https://soundcloud.com/beer-chiller/31-jan-jam

:c2b:

more falafel please

forums poster

as promised here's the new saws

closeup on the carved handle of the panel saw

both are reasonably sharp actually but I'm sure I'll replace the blade on the coping saw and I'll sharpen the panel saw as soon as I... get a saw vise and a file that will work for hand saws and learn how to sharpen hand saws

that discoloration by the back teeth isn't rust, I think it's marker or something

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Goons Are Gifts

finally a saw sequel that doesn't suck brutally

Stoner Sloth

xcheopis posted:

I really like learning the etymology of random words. Robertson Davies once commented on looking up the etymology of 'rankle' and finding its origin is from dracunculus. A small fiery dragon, gnawing away at you.

(And I just looked up 'fiery'. Neat!)

this is interesting! dracunculus medinesis is also the scientific name of the guinea worm - a nematode that burrows into humans and other animals causing dracunculiasis. This disease has been known of since ancient times and was speculated as being the 'fiery serpents' of the bible as well as the likely inspiration for the rod of asclepius, the symbol of medicine being a worm wrapped around a stick.

given the treatement for guinea worm classically involved using a stick to wind the worm and slowly pull it from the body it makes a lot of sense.

the worm itself is a parasite with small freshwater crustaceans of the genus cyclops as their initial host. when these tiny crustaceans are accidentally ingested along with drinking water they are killed and digested but the larvae of the guinea worm are released. burrowing through the intestine they develop in the abdominal cavity and then the females (getting up to 120 cm/4 feet in length!) burrow towards the surface, usually on the lower body, and eventually cause a blister.

this causes extreme pain to the host and burning, itching sensation - to cool this infected people often bathe the effected area which is exactly what the guinea worm is waiting for and it will expel thousands of eggs into the water, continuing the cycle.

over time guinea worm has been a major source of misery and disease but fortunately it is also on track to be the second human disease wiped from the planet (after smallpox) - one reason for this has been the unrelenting and effective support of former us president jimmy carter. in 2021 only 14 cases were reported.

City of Glompton

that is a pretty saw

i am about to become the proud owner of a couple old saws. my home improvement skillz (lol) have impressed my dad enough that he's offered me some of my grandpa's very nice tools and saws

anyway hi byob look at my sig, it's perfect, i'm here to show off

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Stoner Sloth posted:

this is interesting! dracunculus medinesis is also the scientific name of the guinea worm - a nematode that burrows into humans and other animals causing dracunculiasis. This disease has been known of since ancient times and was speculated as being the 'fiery serpents' of the bible as well as the likely inspiration for the rod of asclepius, the symbol of medicine being a worm wrapped around a stick.

given the treatement for guinea worm classically involved using a stick to wind the worm and slowly pull it from the body it makes a lot of sense.

the worm itself is a parasite with small freshwater crustaceans of the genus cyclops as their initial host. when these tiny crustaceans are accidentally ingested along with drinking water they are killed and digested but the larvae of the guinea worm are released. burrowing through the intestine they develop in the abdominal cavity and then the females (getting up to 120 cm/4 feet in length!) burrow towards the surface, usually on the lower body, and eventually cause a blister.

this causes extreme pain to the host and burning, itching sensation - to cool this infected people often bathe the effected area which is exactly what the guinea worm is waiting for and it will expel thousands of eggs into the water, continuing the cycle.

over time guinea worm has been a major source of misery and disease but fortunately it is also on track to be the second human disease wiped from the planet (after smallpox) - one reason for this has been the unrelenting and effective support of former us president jimmy carter. in 2021 only 14 cases were reported.

this is extremely disgusting albeit interesting and, hey, kudos jimmy

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
i just hit 34 and can no longer eat in the morning, it kinda sucks cause im starving but the thought of eating is nauseating so I just drink coffee and go all in on nausea

my dad always drank instant breakfasts and I never got it until now

Escape From Noise

I generally can't eat much for breakfast on work days, and I definitely can't eat early in the morning. When I had that brewing job that started at 7 I'd pack a breakfast usually. Nowadays I'll have like a piece of fruit or I'll buy some pastry to take to work, especially on brew days.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I used to skip breakfast a lot in my 20s cause I just didn't really like any of your typical breakfast foods but I've settled on scrambled eggs as my standard breakfast now. Not only is it edible it's also a great source of protein so it's a nice and sneaky way of keeping my carbs intake down.

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Ass-penny

I usually don't eat for several hours after waking. I've always assumed it was related to my alcoholism. Instant Breakfasts are hecka dank if you are a milk drinker.

Goons Are Gifts

Believe me I had to learn everything about nutrition and digestion I think and from a pure health point of view eating regularly is the most important bit, after waking up and sleeping got 6 to 8 hours it would be optimal to get something in by the first hour

this is especially true if you want to lose weight btw because of how crazy your colon works I can't believe it myself

sb hermit

more falafel please posted:

as promised here's the new saws

closeup on the carved handle of the panel saw

both are reasonably sharp actually but I'm sure I'll replace the blade on the coping saw and I'll sharpen the panel saw as soon as I... get a saw vise and a file that will work for hand saws and learn how to sharpen hand saws

that discoloration by the back teeth isn't rust, I think it's marker or something

I just got caught up in the thread.

happy belated birthday, mfp!

How do you sharpen serrated blades? Or do you just replace the blade with something new?

sb hermit

Goons Are Great posted:

Believe me I had to learn everything about nutrition and digestion I think and from a pure health point of view eating regularly is the most important bit, after waking up and sleeping got 6 to 8 hours it would be optimal to get something in by the first hour

this is especially true if you want to lose weight btw because of how crazy your colon works I can't believe it myself

I try to eat something with oats early in the morning but I don't get any coffee until I get to the office, which is usually within an hour of waking on most days.

Finger Prince

We make our own granola and I usually have it with kefir. A smallish bowl of that will see you through to lunch easy.

Kazinsal

Sarah Cenia posted:

i just hit 34 and can no longer eat in the morning, it kinda sucks cause im starving but the thought of eating is nauseating so I just drink coffee and go all in on nausea

my dad always drank instant breakfasts and I never got it until now

god this is a feeling, when I was a kid I always wondered why my dad slammed back a glass of carnation before going off to work in the morning and then I hit my late 20s and getting solid foods down when you're barely awake and your digestive system hasn't finished booting up loving sucks and yes please I'll take 250 calories of french vanilla and a black coffee instead of peanut butter toast or whatever

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Kazinsal posted:

god this is a feeling, when I was a kid I always wondered why my dad slammed back a glass of carnation before going off to work in the morning and then I hit my late 20s and getting solid foods down when you're barely awake and your digestive system hasn't finished booting up loving sucks and yes please I'll take 250 calories of french vanilla and a black coffee instead of peanut butter toast or whatever

lmao nailed it
I'd rather die than eat another piece of peanut butter toast at this point

sometimes if I get up early enough to sit around for half an hour I can eat like a yogurt but that's it

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

I just thought of 3D printed edibles this morning because I remembered something about candy, and it's a loving thing. This makes me really want to 3D print some tiny THC dicks to give people.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Sarah Cenia posted:

lmao nailed it
I'd rather die than eat another piece of peanut butter toast at this point

sometimes if I get up early enough to sit around for half an hour I can eat like a yogurt but that's it
Two marshmallows is peak breakfast.

Escape From Noise

I just can't drink milk. Especially in the morning.

xcheopis

Escape From Noise posted:

I used to drink gallons of milk every week and then I quit smoking, after which milk was just fats suspended in a water solution and I haven't been able to drink it since.

cruft

Had oatmeal again.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

nesamdoom posted:

I just thought of 3D printed edibles this morning because I remembered something about candy, and it's a loving thing. This makes me really want to 3D print some tiny THC dicks to give people.

i 3d printed some molds to make gummies with
dicks and cunts

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

ChubbyChecker

Escape From Noise posted:

have you tried adding vodka, kahlua and ice in it?

more falafel please

forums poster

sb hermit posted:

I just got caught up in the thread.

happy belated birthday, mfp!

How do you sharpen serrated blades? Or do you just replace the blade with something new?

you clamp the plate in a vise and file each edge on each tooth. it's a process! over decades of use the blade gets narrower and narrower because you're just removing metal every time

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

ChubbyChecker

https://i.imgur.com/d0kDUAI.mp4

cruft

That is very cute, but the tail belies a very POed cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker

cruft posted:

That is very cute, but the tail belies a very POed cat

it's clearly a dragon

e: wait, or is it a lion

ChubbyChecker fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Feb 1, 2022