Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

It also must have been prerecorded since he wasn't out of breath from running to Nevada in between shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
my theory is that he moves fast enough that his personas can now act on their own simultaneously and just kinda forgot about that

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I thought that was a pretty bad episode but there were a few good jokes!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Neeksy posted:

my theory is that he moves fast enough that his personas can now act on their own simultaneously and just kinda forgot about that

I assumed it was pre-recorded tbh

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
As an episode it was a little all over the place. God drat though there were so many funny jokes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Neeksy posted:

I've recently gotten really into turn based board games. Sometimes I'll have 20 games going at once of a few different games I know well. I feel like I could play against myself without the site telling me that's happening and I bet it's exactly like that for Roger.

Each character is playing their own game. When he steps into a persona he has to complete that personas objectives and drat all the others

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 27, 2022

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Harold Fjord posted:

I've recently gotten really into turn based board games. Sometimes I'll have 20 games going at once of a few different games I know well. I feel like I could play against myself without the site telling me that's happening and I bet it's exactly like that for Roger.

Each character is playing their own game. When he steps into a persona he has to complete that personas objectives and drat all the others

Exactly, the CEO of Octodual has been waiting to fulfil the "Find an airtight container to dispose of your toxic chemicals" objective for over a year, so when you see an air tight container suddenly come on the market you don't ask a lot of questions you just buy it and move on to take the turn of the next Persona.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I thought that was a pretty bad episode but there were a few good jokes!

even the bad AD eps are watchable, i rarely feel the compulsion to skip them
i've watched the lady gaga and elon musk episodes of the simpsons, i've stared the depths of comedic despair in the face, after seeing -that- crap, american fung is perfectly watchable

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Neeksy posted:

i've watched the lady gaga and elon musk episodes of the simpsons, i've stared the depths of comedic despair in the face, after seeing -that- crap, american fung is perfectly watchable

...they can't possibly be that bad, can they? :geno:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The Lady Gaga episode was just year old jokes about she dresses funny. I've never seen the Elon Musk episode and if I have my way I never will.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
I saw a clip on twitter and it involved Lisa talking about how cool and smart and right and good-haired Elon Musk is.

e: https://twitter.com/spurtmagoo/status/1362265030121586689

When Pigs Cry fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 28, 2022

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

When Pigs Cry posted:

I saw a clip on twitter and it involved Lisa talking about how cool and smart and right and good-haired Elon Musk is.

e: https://twitter.com/spurtmagoo/status/1362265030121586689
I won't bother copy-pasting the entire episode synopsis, but it indeed gets worse and even more dick-sucky than that

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Found another continuity issue as Hayley and Jeff are completely missing in FartBreak Hotel even though they moved back in three episodes earlier in There Will Be Bad Blood.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

muscles like this! posted:

Found another continuity issue as Hayley and Jeff are completely missing in FartBreak Hotel even though they moved back in three episodes earlier in There Will Be Bad Blood.

Eh that could easily be handwaved by them being out for some hippie activity like a music festival or one of those protests where people chain themselves to trees or something

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Going to the hotel would require getting up.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

drrockso20 posted:

Eh that could easily be handwaved by them being out for some hippie activity like a music festival or one of those protests where people chain themselves to trees or something

jeff spends the week starting at a wall any time he's not included in a week's activity. this is canonical

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Tuesday Zoo-sday, babe!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

so, I bought Season 17 on amazon tuesday and S17E1, which I already watched on this service, has disappeared but S17E2 Airdate 2022-01-30, is available right now

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That would be

Dressed Down
Season 18, Episode 02
When Stan doesn't feel confident in anything but his suits, Roger assumes a fashion designer persona to craft him a life-changing new wardrobe. Hayley and Jeff raise chickens in the back yard.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aw it's too bad Roger is part of the A plot because I could definitely see him being a chicken. I mean he still could be...

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Are they raising thirty-five chickens? That could go a long way towards ending industrial farming

Also Roger is all of the chickens and still in the A plot as himself

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Has Roger ever shown up in multiple plots in the same episode? I'm sure it's happened but I can't remember any specifics

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

robot roll call posted:

Has Roger ever shown up in multiple plots in the same episode? I'm sure it's happened but I can't remember any specifics

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

That dude has a nose and is more of an off-beige than grey, may not be an official Roger Persona.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That dude has a nose and is more of an off-beige than grey, may not be an official Roger Persona.

What if he's the one persona for us that we can't identify is actually Roger? Everyone has one. :tinfoil:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

What if he's the one persona for us that we can't identify is actually Roger? Everyone has one. :tinfoil:

:tinfoil:Nobody's safe!:tinfoil:

shame on an IGA posted:

so, I bought Season 17 on amazon tuesday and S17E1, which I already watched on this service, has disappeared but S17E2 Airdate 2022-01-30, is available right now

"Huh, is this true? I better check, oh it is true! But should I really buy and watch this new episode now or wait till Monday when I can get it for fr-Annnnd I've already bought and watched it"

I have very poor impulse control.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

That's my favorite gag in that episode. Its clearly Roger but we can't know for sure. Its also how Stan leans in and the way he asks "Roger?" in hushed tones.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

robot roll call posted:

If this counts, in Fartbreak Hotel, Roger is a Jheri-curled '80s guy in the Steve plot and Francine's depressing coworker in the plot where Francine steals that missing employee's identity.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

If this counts, in Fartbreak Hotel, Roger is a Jheri-curled '80s guy in the Steve plot and Francine's depressing coworker in the plot where Francine steals that missing employee's identity.

No, because that was clearly and dream and I refuse to discuss dreams during the daytime.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

His 80s name is one of my favorites in the entire series. Reagannomics Lamborghini . Its perfect.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Reaganomics Lamborghini is just so perfectly on the nose. :allears:

I don't know if it's necessarily in my top 10, but I always liked Kevin Ramage too, because it's memorably mundane & not a reference to anything (as far as I know).

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I literally have KEVVVVINNNNNN RRRAMAGE! repeating in my head for life.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh no, Mind Quad!

Love Steve's mail song.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Pre-opening credits already had like five great jokes in it

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Commercial break but I can't stop laughing at the Goose logo

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh god... :barf:

Zero One fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 1, 2022

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
That was a great episode.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Francine's look as she set the plates was so good.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Stan nearly passing out and then rubbing raw meat all over his face was actually truly horrifying.

A lot of good jokes in this episode too, a marked improvement over the last one.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

"chickens killed my parents"

"me too, but i dont let it rule my life"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SOS from Mind Quad :smith:

Zero One posted:

Oh god... :barf:

:barf:

https://i.imgur.com/hPkoilh.mp4