Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

graph posted:

i simply scoop the coffee out of the container

mods?!

accidentally bought a bag of "french roast" instead of what i normally get and this poo poo is so charred i can't grind it fine enough for espresso it's just a gusher every time

into the freezer for emergency french/aeropress i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Buck Turgidson posted:

currently grinding beans with a mortar and pestle (and a sieve) because my grinder is dead

just use a blender, op

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kyle_maclachlan/status/1487119936099074058

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/ReuvenPerlman/status/1486779057115123716?s=20&t=74ldvzHZxpwrjbnNYwX8jQ

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

another bag of coffee has arrived. i have a kilogram now

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
thinkin bout thos beans

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Same but it's the explosive energy that requires me to sit on a toilet until I stop exploding

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/roun_sa_ville/status/1204922107186024448

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
letting the thread drop to the second page?
for shame, I'm so angry I almost spilled my coffee

that I'm drinking

right now

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
two cups of coffee down, thinking about a third

hand-grinding a pot’s worth of beans every day isn’t the *worst* but I may have to see if I’ve got a socket driver that fits the crankshaft on the skerton, just in case

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lmao

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
remembered the indie bakery around the corner and picked up an americano & chocolate chip cookie 😋

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Weekend coffee to start the weekend right

just instant tho

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
i thought i could fix my grinder buy when they assembled this thing they stripped one of the screwheads. it's in a very deep, narrow socket and can't drill it out or get an extractor in there. i gotta replace the whole thing because breville cheaped out on a plastic impeller and stripped a screw.

*angrily mashes coffee beans in mortar and pestle*

i kinda want a hand grinder, any recommendations?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Buck Turgidson posted:

i thought i could fix my grinder buy when they assembled this thing they stripped one of the screwheads. it's in a very deep, narrow socket and can't drill it out or get an extractor in there. i gotta replace the whole thing because breville cheaped out on a plastic impeller and stripped a screw.

*angrily mashes coffee beans in mortar and pestle*

the default hand grinder is commandante c40, with kinu and 1zespresso grinders being popular upscale and budget alternatives respectively

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Buck Turgidson posted:

timemore chestnut slim: https://en.timemore.com/taimochanpin/modouji/lizisilmshouyaomodouji/

i watched tyoya takashima grind coffee with this on his channel, and i realized that hand grinding coffee doesn't have to take 3 minutes. so i ordered this one, and i love it

it's less than a minute of grinding, which makes a huge difference. i used to have a hario (or something similar), and it was easily 3 minutes for an espresso sized grind. this thing is sooo much faster, and feels great to use. love this grinder

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

timermore is another one with decent models yeah

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

went to the coffee shop today and they put milk in my coffee??

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

went to the coffee shop today and they put milk in my coffee??

maybe they thought you ordered tea

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lord funk posted:

timemore chestnut slim: https://en.timemore.com/taimochanpin/modouji/lizisilmshouyaomodouji/

i watched tyoya takashima grind coffee with this on his channel, and i realized that hand grinding coffee doesn't have to take 3 minutes. so i ordered this one, and i love it

it's less than a minute of grinding, which makes a huge difference. i used to have a hario (or something similar), and it was easily 3 minutes for an espresso sized grind. this thing is sooo much faster, and feels great to use. love this grinder

Yeah get a timemore, it's way better than whatever else you would find at the same pricepoint. If you're looking for an espresso grinder get the C2.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

With the other models (the slim, nano) you can get an an upgraded burr which supposedly helps with consistency across finer grind settings. It's theoretically capable of espresso, but I don't know how that works in practice.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Timemore is a very appropriate name for a hand grinder

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Had just a little too much coffee this morning, crossed over from nicely awake and fully alert to mild anxiety. Caffeine is a hell of a drug.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
it's amazing to me how differently people will respond to things, i have to drink like a gently caress ton of coffee for it to really bug me and it's a stomach issue more than anything else.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
I'm constantly anxious anyway so might as well have a nice coffee to go with it!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hosed up and made the coffee too weak this morning. :shepicide:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
just wanted to post that I’ve had coffee every day since the last time I said I had coffee. may have missed a day or two but who’s perfect

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
heck yeah coffee rules

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

im almost out of stopgap coffee pound from local speciality shop, which was inoffensive but unremarkable. tomorrow im likely done with it, and then for thurday onwards i have two more bags ready of coffee im actually interested in

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Both seem like they'd be good. My coffee shop started stocking some DRC beans and they're extremely good.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

might buy some beans from the english coffee nerd’s shop

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
coffee time!!!!!!!!!!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Zam Wesell posted:

coffee time!!!!!!!!!!

i already had one :smug:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
made a coffee should make another

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

just drank half a pot

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I am out of coffee. this is criminal. who did this to me

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
havent been in the office in two weeks, about to drink some coffee

also i had to loving mail order for my coffee since i cant find it anymore

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
i'm about to set up a coffee subscription with my local roaster. we used to be real close and running over there early before work wasn't a big deal, but now they're at least half an hour away so a day or two in the mail is fine

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I just buy Columbia supremo at the cost co

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

I am out of coffee. this is criminal. who did this to me