Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAY44fmz7H8

This isn't a mod but it should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The next one is even better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLKLppIvFFc

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Manager Hoyden posted:

> Hello
"Welcome Moon-and-Star!"
> Peepee doodoo
"Is this how you honor the sixth house?"
> Eat your loincloth
"What a grand and intoxicating innocence!"

Who needs kagrenac's tools when you can just debate dagoth ur into sticking the entire heart of lorkhan up he own rear end.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.nexusmods.com/mafia3/mods/56

:madmax:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/re4hdproject/status/1486042113087315975

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57q_IkEPd18

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Normally I can’t really tell the difference with these things without a side by side but RE4 is in my head enough I can see it everywhere here.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kibayasu posted:

Normally I can’t really tell the difference with these things without a side by side but RE4 is in my head enough I can see it everywhere here.

The thing that stands out the most to me is how well the actual character models of RE4 have held up. For 2005 Leon's character model looks crazy impressive and now it looks even nicer with the upscale textures.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I think the best thing I can say about this is that I can't tell what they changed this and this is just how I remember it looking in my head.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Capcom tends not to be lovely to the modding community, but I wonder if they will go after this project since there are rumors they are working on a remake.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Capcom tends not to be lovely to the modding community, but I wonder if they will go after this project since there are rumors they are working on a remake.

I hope not. Seems like that would be absolutely a terrible PR move to make. Their last two remakes have been entirely new games, reworked from the grounds up. They should do the same for 4 and somehow officially incorporate this as like, an official built in remaster. You get a massive PR win & get to increase the value of the remake for cheap.

Thats the news out of fantasy land of course. We'll see what actually happens.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Wrr posted:

I hope not. Seems like that would be absolutely a terrible PR move to make. Their last two remakes have been entirely new games, reworked from the grounds up. They should do the same for 4 and somehow officially incorporate this as like, an official built in remaster. You get a massive PR win & get to increase the value of the remake for cheap.

Thats the news out of fantasy land of course. We'll see what actually happens.

Can't say I know how Capcom looks at this stuff but, looking at all the dumb Monster Hunter Rise crossovers I imagine that they'd be pretty lenient about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA_GfAUY6m8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3lGe7swLWk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV-avcK1TRk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T11XQqnoP8

Granted that's all in house stuff, I don't know how they'd feel about having like a big Kirby sword for Great Sword or something.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Capcom's usual practice is to only go after people who try to profit from infringing projects- though that includes even pretty indirect profiting. I recall an LP of a Gensokyo-themed fangame based on the MMBN series that got a cease-and-desist at like 98% completion because they had a patreon or somesuch, and had silhouettes of mega man characters in some very rare items.

...not sure that LP ever finished, either, now that I think of it.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jan 27, 2022

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

If you're thinking of the same one I am, with Alice and Shanghai as the protagonists, then no, I'm pretty sure it hasn't.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

The whole soyjack/yes meme always felt like a strawman dog whistle even though the Skyrim paid mods have been a problem from the getgo as the modders looking to make a side hustle on these mods

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Bearldess Dwarves for Total Warhammer

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
He's gonna get an entire chapter in the Grudgebook all to himself. :lol:

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
They're gonna need a Grudgebook Second Edition just for that guy.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

While the Bernie mittens meme is a year old, I just discovered this Skyrim mod that adds them and a face mask in.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/62913

This makes OStim safe for work by making it fade to black.

OStim is that mod that adds sex animations to Skyrim.

I do not understand.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Midnight Voyager posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/62913

This makes OStim safe for work by making it fade to black.

OStim is that mod that adds sex animations to Skyrim.

I do not understand.

It's tasteful

Orv
May 4, 2011
Don’t want to be tempted to crank it around the Boss Hog.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Maybe it's so you can use the other mods that use Ostim without the sex bits? Like the pregnancy mods?

"Well you see when a mommy and a daddy love each other very much, uh, um, everything goes black and a babby is formed!"

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 1, 2022

Orv
May 4, 2011
That is a lot of parents NYE conception stories to be fair.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

oBody requires oStim but all it does is randomly distribute your body shape presets so all of the NPCs will actually have differences in their size/shape that aren’t weight based

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

the "i only read it for the articles" of sex modding

but for real though, i think it's kind of fascinating that skyrim sex modding has become such a sprawling thing in scope that its audience now includes people who don't want to see the sex parts

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Feb 1, 2022

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Internet Wizard posted:

oBody requires oStim but all it does is randomly distribute your body shape presets so all of the NPCs will actually have differences in their size/shape that aren’t weight based

There's already non-OStim versions of that (Autobody AE, Autobody VR, OBody Standalone)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

People can't let things go so there's been a concentrated effort to salvage Sonic 06 for a while it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJMl3sa8yjU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Sonic fans liking bad Sonic games way too much? I dunno I’m not buying it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

what other kind of sonic games are there to like?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

what other kind of sonic games are there to like?

1) Sonic Mania

...uh

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

sonic and knuckles, sonic 2, that one doom mod...

e: the original game is also good, it's just not better than 2 or s&r, or even 3

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Doc Hawkins posted:

that one doom mod...

Sonic Robo Blast 2 is legitimately better put together than most official Sonic games, even the Genesis ones. It's surreal.

But yeah Sonic as a series has always been about janky-rear end physics, awkward if not malicious level design, and a thin veneer of programming barely keeping reality held together, even in those original days. Either you vibe with that or you don't, and a lot of people were cool with it in 2D but can't stand it in 3D.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

KataraniSword posted:

Sonic Robo Blast 2 is legitimately better put together than most official Sonic games, even the Genesis ones. It's surreal.

But yeah Sonic as a series has always been about janky-rear end physics, awkward if not malicious level design, and a thin veneer of programming barely keeping reality held together, even in those original days. Either you vibe with that or you don't, and a lot of people were cool with it in 2D but can't stand it in 3D.

That also describes Super Mario World though. Remember the bug where if two enemies were overlapping and you jumped on them, you'd get hurt? Or anything involving layer 2?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

KataraniSword posted:

That's not entirely fair, the jank factor went way, way up when it moved to 3d.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Jagged Jim posted:

He's gonna get an entire chapter in the Grudgebook all to himself. :lol:

You joke, but The War of the Beard is a thing in Warhammer; forget a single chapter, shaving just one Dwarf's beard got the Elves entire Books of Grudges written about them :allears:

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
What is that? Barotrauma?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Angry Diplomat posted:

What is that? Barotrauma?

Yes? Unless you want it to be "a jpeg" in which case it's a jpeg.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

looks like a child with fox ears and a shinto outfit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Doc Hawkins posted:

looks like a child with fox ears and a shinto outfit

That's The Helpful Fox Senko-san, OP.