Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Donzinger comes across as a little nuts, and that's inevitable when your life is built around speaking truth to power in spite of being persecuted for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Halloween Jack posted:

Donzinger comes across as a little nuts, and that's inevitable when your life is built around speaking truth to power in spite of being persecuted for it.

His head is on a lot straighter than mine would be if I'd gone through what he has.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I can't listen to the episode because I find Donzinger's case too profoundly demoralizing.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

Yeah, that's the advantage the powerful have over the dissidents and whistleblowers in media. (One of many)

It doesn't matter of you really ARE being followed and having people go through your garbabge. When you show up looking frazzled from house arrest saying "I'm being followed! They are going through my garbage!" Most people will squint and go "Huh, this guy is nuts, probably did something."

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm not an accelerationist, but I'd like to fast-forward to the part where ordinary liberals figure out that the Supreme Court is not a bulwark of democracy and is actually the exact opposite

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm not an accelerationist, but I'd like to fast-forward to the part where ordinary liberals figure out that the Supreme Court is not a bulwark of democracy and is actually the exact opposite
Maybe they will figure it out in June

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Mr. Lobe posted:

I can't listen to the episode because I find Donzinger's case too profoundly demoralizing.

He seems optimistic at the end of the interview. Obviously the judgment, if it ever even gets incurred on Chevron, will amount to peanuts, but if this shows a way to further judgments of this type then maybe it'll be worth it. It actually felt more hopeful to me than all other aspects of American politics right now.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

He was also hopeful at the end of the interview immediately before they sent him to prison.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Joe Blowgan and he likes sucking dick

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

absolutely cannot wait to listen to the whole episode and post about how much I hated every minute of it :twisted:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Will joking about reuniting with his biological parents is so loving funny to me

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pharmaskittle posted:

Will joking about reuniting with his biological parents is so loving funny to me

he even went a lil heavy on the 'y'all' this ep

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Running a scam pretending to be wills biological sister to get a cut of the chapo money

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
You don't look anything like Megan McArdle.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Halloween Jack posted:

You don't look anything like Megan McArdle.

Fake Half sister then.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

does Steven donzinger live outside

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Pharmaskittle posted:

does Steven donzinger live outside

The "house arrest" loophole that judges don't want you to know about. Click here

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Anyone have suggestions for YouTube channels that do best of Cushvlog videos?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Or just specific eps that are really good.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Steven Dongzinger

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Neil Young rules. Don’t care about Joe Rogan.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Seams posted:

Neil Young rules. Don’t care about Joe Rogan.
He asked me to remind you not to touch his potatoes

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It's dumb that Joe Rogan is the official boogeyman when there are hundreds of other right wing cranks pushing the same poo poo (and it's not like you can't find them anywhere you get your podcasts) but Neil Young has always been cantankerous and is reluctant to embrace digital music in the first place so there's nothing really surprising here. The idea that anyone is being "silenced" or "canceled" over this is absurd. Matt has the most correct take on it that people just don't know what else to do.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
neil young loves pulling his digital catalog from platforms more than anything in the world

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Yeah this is just a no-win situation where the community of right wing fraudsters don't actually get any consequences and instead continue to consolidate their power.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Joe Rogan has a bigger audience than all of those other right wing cranks combined though

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

Anyone have suggestions for YouTube channels that do best of Cushvlog videos?

Any of the ones where he doesn't talk about death and embracing oblivion and the hopelessness of everything. Stick to the ones where he talks about history, that's the safest bet.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Donziger is a hero and deserves all the air time he gets.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
Donziger for 4th mic.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Big Dong Zinger can do no wrong.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

What about Joe Slowgan and it's the same podcast but he's really into candy

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Dong slinger Dongziger

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's dumb that Joe Rogan is the official boogeyman when there are hundreds of other right wing cranks pushing the same poo poo (and it's not like you can't find them anywhere you get your podcasts) but Neil Young has always been cantankerous and is reluctant to embrace digital music in the first place so there's nothing really surprising here. The idea that anyone is being "silenced" or "canceled" over this is absurd. Matt has the most correct take on it that people just don't know what else to do.

What? Neil Young’s entire music catalogue has been 100% freely available on his own website for like the last five years. Where are you getting the idea he’s anti-digital music?

https://m.neilyoungarchives.com/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

What? Neil Young’s entire music catalogue has been 100% freely available on his own website for like the last five years. Where are you getting the idea he’s anti-digital music?

https://m.neilyoungarchives.com/

I’m talking about large streaming platforms that he argues have lower quality audio (on top of how little artists are compensated). The whole point of Pono player was that digital music didn’t have the same quality as MP3s and Pono would rectify that. Also Neil Young Archives is a subscription model. Does that not apply to the streaming element?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I guess I just don’t understand why complaining that these companies don’t pay people enough for their work and that the audio quality is poorly compressed bullshit makes them cantankerous and not, uh, ‘correct’

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

I guess I just don’t understand why complaining that these companies don’t pay people enough for their work and that the audio quality is poorly compressed bullshit makes them cantankerous and not, uh, ‘correct’

You can be both and Neil has been famously cantankerous for 50 years about all sorts of things for right and wrong reasons.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
As long as he keeps rockin in the free world then I’m happy

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rust Never Sleeps and Harvest Moon are all time great albums.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere through Zuma is an absurd run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I just looked it up and it appears that Michelle Childs is another loving Catholic. How about we finally get some real representation on the highest court in the land?!