Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Axelay - Normal - 4 continues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

Plebian Parasite posted:

Axelay - Normal - 4 continues

You're allowed to bother the other guy.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Tales of Arise.
Started out pretty good, but started getting tired of it near the end.
There was like a 90 minute cutscene before the final dungeon and i was just wanting it to be over

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

1a) Metroid Dread all archives+endings
Took a little break before doing a third (fourth) run through for the last couple ending images.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
1. Assassin's Creed: Origins

2. Hitman

Beat the first game levels in Hitman 3. real good. excited to play more

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FF7 Remake. What the heck happened

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I don't know

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

they remade FF7

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You walked through the swirly thing and epic stuff happened

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You’re dealing with a sephiroth who knows he lost before so is making sure it doesn’t happen this time . It’s cool

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

You’re dealing with a sephiroth who knows he lost before so is making sure it doesn’t happen this time . It’s cool

really glad they took a chance and did something like that, however, they can only pull something like that once imho.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Demoncrawl. Beat all the quests on Hard and unlocked the post-game Endless Multiverse

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nutmeg posted:

really glad they took a chance and did something like that, however, they can only pull something like that once imho.

I think it is only the beginning. Now that Sephiroth killed the ghosts who insured destiny played out as intended the rest of the game is able to go off the rails so I think they'll be doing fun riffs on expectations, it's pretty exciting I think! I wonder if Aerith will die or if it'll be someone else this time. Or if they'll have her revive like the original game had in cut content

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

I think it is only the beginning. Now that Sephiroth killed the ghosts who insured destiny played out as intended the rest of the game is able to go off the rails so I think they'll be doing fun riffs on expectations, it's pretty exciting I think! I wonder if Aerith will die or if it'll be someone else this time. Or if they'll have her revive like the original game had in cut content

the freedom of what they can do now is great i agree, i just think if the ghosts were to come back later in the story to maybe "save the day" or some poo poo after giving the writes so much freedom to do whatever would suck. they served their purpose now go nuts ect ect.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the whole thing was actually just to keep Wedge alive once they realized his English voice actor is from breaking bad.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nutmeg posted:

the freedom of what they can do now is great i agree, i just think if the ghosts were to come back later in the story to maybe "save the day" or some poo poo after giving the writes so much freedom to do whatever would suck. they served their purpose now go nuts ect ect.

Absolutely agreed for sure

Also love how hot Wedge is, like a young Charlie sheen

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

its cool bc the remake being a multipart installation this is the most surefire way to generate hype for giving people the slightest hope that aerith isnt going to die again. she's going to die and its going to be devestating. but what if...its cool that they managed to revive that energy nearly 30 years after the original

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

In Training posted:

its cool bc the remake being a multipart installation this is the most surefire way to generate hype for giving people the slightest hope that aerith isnt going to die again. she's going to die and its going to be devestating. but what if...its cool that they managed to revive that energy nearly 30 years after the original

secret ending like ffx-2 100% will revive her

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i will be very surprised if the ghosts don't come back almost immediately

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

b_d posted:

the entire point of the last couple of chapters of the game is very explicitly to kill the ghosts and allow anything to happen, so if they end up just coming back and steering everything towards the events of the original game again then there's been a massive fuckin failure somewhere in the development of this whole remake project lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

b_d posted:

That would be bizarre

I’m very excited for episode 2. Curious if we’ll get an open world. Still haven’t played XV did it do an open world?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

That would be bizarre

I’m very excited for episode 2. Curious if we’ll get an open world. Still haven’t played XV did it do an open world?

Yeah. I like XV a lot but it really feels like a dry run for 7R

Anyway I beat Axelay

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

That would be bizarre

Sort of. It was several large open areas that you’d move through throughout the story, not like a BOTW-style of a single huge map

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Shovel Knight - Plague Knight Campaign

Felt like there were some difficulty spikes, hit a lot of brick walls but some of the later areas/bosses i could beat on the first try. Games where you can double jump kick rear end but otherwise I liked the original knight better.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kero Blaster - normal campaign
fun little game, would have been a good game club

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

Aerith in Remake also knows things she shouldn't know, which leads me to believe she is similar to Sephiroth where she has knowledge of future events or has contact with her future self. An example is in the church in chapter 8, she tells Reno that Cloud is a merc and an ex-SOLDIER, before Cloud divulged that information to her. So she probably is aware of her coming death.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I also beat Final Fantasy VII Remake. I loved it. Some sections felt a bit needlessly padded and some bosses could be kind of frustrating but those are really the only complaints I have. The idea of remaking something to expand it like this, where the few hours before leaving Midgar in the original game becomes a full 30-40 hour game on its own, seems like an idea that could very easily go wrong but they went about it very smartly. Both the major and minor members of the cast get extra characterization and the world and lore is fleshed out more but it never feels like pandering or fan service, it felt to me like it perfectly captured the feeling of the original, just more of it. The characters were one of the original game's biggest strengths and they were even more fun and likable this time around. The combat is great, it mixes the action and tactical elements a lot better than FFXV's attempt at the same idea--playing as Tifa was especially fun, I really liked her combat style. I'm really excited to see where they go from here.

Now to go back and click all these spoiler tags.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

b_d posted:

I really don't think they'd do that, it feels like there'd be no point in introducing them at all if they did it that way. It felt to me like they were introduced specifically just to be killed off so they could look at you directly and say "we're going to be doing things differently this time, anything goes from now on" without explicitly breaking the fourth wall.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

my thinking is simply they seemed like an annoying gimmick the first time through and i daren't hope that they actually stop it but you're probably right. i don't really remember what happens that well

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. M.U.S.H.A.

Audio cable on my PC is messed up so I turnes on the Switch and tried this on a whim. Pretty fun SHMUP but there's some parts where it's kind of a pain to make out the enemies in the background.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah. I like XV a lot but it really feels like a dry run for 7R

Anyway I beat Axelay

yeah, the world is open but the majority of quests are just "hunt this monster," which is fine. i played a lot of the camping and hunting simulator and lost interest whenever the story was happening.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

did you play FInal Fantasy XV: Comrades which was an extremely lovely monster hunter clone in the ffxv engine.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

no i played the regular one. it's still mostly hunts with a few dungeons.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

428 Shibuya Scramble - All Extra Endings, Etc.

Absolutely wild game, really cool.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Super Duper Metroid
Awesome Super Metroid romhack. The world is really well designed. There's some headscratchers here and there but there was always something to do. It has some cool optional quality of life features. Like, you can change the timer for bombs, speed up the speed booster acceleration. Then there's stuff that lets you improve the performance of the game or make it look slightly better in some specific aspects. my biggest complaint, I guess, is that the game's performance kinda tanks in parts of Brinstar.

The game also has a built in randomizer. Did one run and got bombs last because of course.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Beat Bloodborne again, was fun using amygdala arm and the beast cutter, strength build is always fun, since you also get access to the cannons. The only boss I really don't like is Laurence, just so annoying and time consuming, just skipped him this time.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Laurence is one of the few challenging bosses in that game and is a really fun mixup of the tutorial boss in a much better arena. His final phase gimmick punishing just rolling behind him is a cool idea but I don’t like the execution that much

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)

cool game

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

4. Axelay (easy 50 credits)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

5. The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning. It kinda sucks. But the tornado bombs you unlock in the last zone are funny bc you can throw three of them to tank the frame rate. Cant believe they gave up on cutesy collectathons for this. Looking forward to 7 and 8.

In Training fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 21, 2022