Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

hatty posted:

I’ve seen much worse

I've seen much better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

majoras mask is the best game of all time so its unfair to compare any other game to it

Not quite but it's drat loving close.

I think my favorite part about MM is the fact that it proves limitation is the mother of creativity. They were given a year to make a game using OoT's assets and came up with something truly special.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Thunder Bear posted:

Not quite but it's drat loving close.

I think my favorite part about MM is the fact that it proves limitation is the mother of creativity. They were given a year to make a game using OoT's assets and came up with something truly special.
Which makes it even more wild that BOTW2 has been in development for 5 years now.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
wii u can easily play almost every nintendo game except like 3ds and virtual boy, on a tv and portably within a reasonable radius

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it's ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
invest in the wii u imo

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Let's see here, in Twilight Princess Link can turn into a wolf and this weird troll lady

will ride on his back and command him and then she also has a transformation into a tall big tiddy redhead with large bare feet.

I too am mystified by why the internet popularized it into having the most fan art and novels.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
midna owns

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I do not like her or the Twilight Realm stuff. I do like the baby shopkeeper tho.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

American McGay posted:

I do not like her or the Twilight Realm stuff. I do like the baby shopkeeper tho.

Hell, same.

Twilight Princess is fine but "fine" doesn't mean much in a series full of great entries. The only standouts in TP are indeed the dungeons but even Skyward Sword arguably has it beat there.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

It sucks that Skyward Sword is bad, the fandom makes Fi sound like the coolest cursed robot sword.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
anyone who thinks fi is cool should be put on a watch list of some sort imo

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Let's see here, in Twilight Princess Link can turn into a wolf and this weird troll lady

will ride on his back and command him and then she also has a transformation into a tall big tiddy redhead with large bare feet.

I too am mystified by why the internet popularized it into having the most fan art and novels.

Yah we get it yall are into furry art

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Thunder Bear posted:

Hell, same.

Twilight Princess is fine but "fine" doesn't mean much in a series full of great entries. The only standouts in TP are indeed the dungeons but even Skyward Sword arguably has it beat there.

And the real standout dungeons like the ice and desert ones are after the slog that is the first third's forced wolf stuff that the HD version improved, but not by that that much.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Man the ice mansion was cool as hell. Otherwise meh TP felt dated and generic by the time it was released

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
It's funny how I almost said that TP's combat is standout as well, but then I remembered that there's nothing in the game difficult enough to warrant it and I actually prefer WW's simpler parries.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

tp has its moments of inspiration, like ice monastery, arbiters ground, the whole twili aesthetic. but man on the whole it is just kind of dull and box-checky. still compares favorably to skyward though lol

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
the thing nobody is willing to say here even though it’s true is that 3d zelda dungeons are bad. that’s why the games with the most dungeons are bad and the ones with the fewest dungeons like majora’s mask are good. the concept just didn’t translate to 3d well.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

nrook posted:

the thing nobody is willing to say here even though it’s true is that 3d zelda dungeons are bad. that’s why the games with the most dungeons are bad and the ones with the fewest dungeons like majora’s mask are good. the concept just didn’t translate to 3d well.

foolishness....

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
No one is willing to say that because it’s false

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

nrook posted:

Stupid

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Thunder Bear posted:

It's funny how I almost said that TP's combat is standout as well, but then I remembered that there's nothing in the game difficult enough to warrant it and I actually prefer WW's simpler parries.

kind of a shame all of the combat skills were cool

love the one where you have to deliberately sheathe the sword to do a sick iaijutsu move

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
The best Zelda game is the one you played first.

(Oracle of Seasons, of course).

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

SS sucked major rear end for the most part but it gets points from me for at least trying to be interesting and engaging in some new concepts for the series instead of being a lifeless drag of an OoT retread like TP. The short answer is I have to be pretty Zelda starved to consider revisiting either one.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I almost bought SS on Switch since it was a bit cheaper in a sale recently but I forgot and didn't. Kinda glad too since I do remember it being so cumbersome and boring?

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I replayed it when SSHD came out, the first half is really good but the back half is dire. Some high highs, but also some of the lowest lows in the mainline series.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Midna's the best sidekick, followed by the talking ship, followed by rear end in a top hat fairy, and the rest can go in the trash.

Maybe the talking hat was cool too, I don't really remember that game.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Solar Tornado posted:

The best Zelda game is the one you played first.

(Oracle of Seasons, of course).

The best Zelda game is Beyond Oasis.

I played it first.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ragequit posted:

I don't know what GDQ is. It's just a cute comic, it'll be ok.

Apart from Link, Urbosa is the best character to play in Age of Calamity. I am dreading the missions where I am forced to play any of the Goron or Rito characters and Link can't tag along. Other than that, the expansion has been a blast so far. Zelda getting the Master Cycle as a weapon is fantastic.

drat that sounds cool did they ever patch it to not run at liek 15fps

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Midna's the best sidekick, followed by the talking ship, followed by rear end in a top hat fairy, and the rest can go in the trash.

Maybe the talking hat was cool too, I don't really remember that game.

ghost zelda

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

the best zelda is the friends we made along the way

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

where's zelda 2

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Didn't play it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

nrook posted:

this is what tp detractors actually believe

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

nrook posted:

I basically agree with this. But I'd reword it to say that 2d Zeldas > 3d zeldas. Top to bottom. The Zelda formula just works better in 2d. They did a commendable job moving to 3d and there are definitely good and fun 3d Zeldas except for BotW. But something about the overhead view works better for a Zelda game.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I have played every zelda game and Skyward Sword is my favourite

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

cheetah7071 posted:

Didn't play it
Play it you coward.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Zelda is the princess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
I've never seen anything made in TierMaker that was even remotely correct.