Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Love that Danhausen!

https://twitter.com/DanhausenAD/status/1488497987332542474?s=20&t=reVWC-eePaHM0laglbZDng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

dromal phrenia posted:

This makes my dream that we see Danhausen driven to the ring in Sue's Vanhausen so much closer to reality.

Sue/Trent is one of my top picks for people who should be divided on their love (or hate) for Danhausen

Sue demanding her son play with the nice strange boy, Trent like “mom, he’s evil” and her being aghast, murmuring “but he’s so sweet…”

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The man is very clear about his pursuit of human money, it's part of his gimmick! Also, his prices seem reasonable for that sort of thing

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Tato posted:

The man is very clear about his pursuit of human money, it's part of his gimmick! Also, his prices seem reasonable for that sort of thing

I ordered a cameo from him about 6 months ago, it was about $35. But an AEW wrestler is a more high profile position than an ROH wrestler, so it makes sense to increase the price.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

the escape goat posted:

so this is the same dude I had problems with at BOLA and I can’t stop laughing. what a drat bump THIS is

https://twitter.com/socaluncensored/status/1139779150745497601?s=21

whys that guy on the ground getting out of the way tho

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Tato posted:

Yeah, $20 for any signing like that is not bad at all. Entirely reasonable.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

https://twitter.com/AngelGarzaWwe/status/1488559628694827009

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hahahaha

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's also just smart to increase prices as you become more popular so that less people buy. Your goal on cameo or signings is to make the most money for the least work.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1488302044347654144

:bighow:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Libs of Tik Tok

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm gonna drive down Jabroni Blvd. I'm gonna go to the smackdown hotel. I'm gonna check into room 316. I'm gonna smash a bottle of the rocks tequila on the carpet. I'm going to tamper with the smoke detectors. I'm going to burn the the smackdown hotel to the ground.

I'm going to say I did it because the children. I'm going to say they called me Mr. rear end

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Libs of Tik Tok

Cursed

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The Rock's a Republican, so him siding with a piece of poo poo like Rogan shouldn't be a surprise to anyone

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Jervis was a fun enough midcard comedy guy in Chikara and the indies that had a few funny matches with the likes of Orange Cassidy and such (probably more funny due to OC), but the allegations of him being a sexpest (even though he was TOTALLY HACKED!!1!) and more recently his awful split-personality gimmick with his real life name/gimmick (Kevin Condron) have made the guy totally insufferable.

It sucks because his positive mental health message isn’t bad, but the execution isn’t great, and I can’t possibly give less of a poo poo about the guy anymore.

The mental health messaging comes off as really bad because it feels like he is trying use it as a way to distract from his accusations and deflect criticism of him.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Ryback has caught covid and has had to cancel upcoming dates make no changes to his schedule

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What's up with Spotify?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shard posted:

What's up with Spotify?

A bunch of artists are pulling their music from it until they get rid of Joe Rogan

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

IcePhoenix posted:

A bunch of artists are pulling their music from it until they get rid of Joe Rogan

The short of it is, after a bunch of Doctors wrote a complaint about Joe Rogan’s show spreading Covid misinformation and Spotify doing nothing about it (controversy = $$$), Neil Young gave an ultimatum of either Rogan goes or his catalog does. Spotify, of course, went with the multi-million dollar contracted Rogan, so now Neil Young and others are pulling their music catalogs in protest. Joe Rogan has since put a statement out as well (the thing The Rock responded to).

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

BodyMassageMachine posted:

The short of it is, after a bunch of Doctors wrote a complaint about Joe Rogan’s show spreading Covid misinformation and Spotify doing nothing about it (controversy = $$$), Neil Young gave an ultimatum of either Rogan goes or his catalog does. Spotify, of course, went with the multi-million dollar contracted Rogan, so now Neil Young and others are pulling their music catalogs in protest. Joe Rogan has since put a statement out as well (the thing The Rock responded to).

and then neil young moved all his poo poo to the much less evil amazon music!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

mactheknife posted:

and then neil young moved all his poo poo to the much less evil amazon music!

are there any non evil digital music platforms?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Band camp

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Shard posted:

no

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

yeah, bandcamp is the best of the bunch by far

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

this is why I kept all my WWF - The Music CD volumes so I can ethically listen to Test's theme whenever I want

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Shard posted:

soulseek

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

Tato posted:

this is why I kept all my WWF - The Music CD volumes so I can ethically listen to Test's theme whenever I want

:hmmyes:

Time to dig out my WWE Anthology 3 CD set.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Tato posted:

admit it you got it for this classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ2Mo1jvQaY

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Shard posted:

I don't know if its "non evil" but Tidal doesn't have Joe Rogan so I switched there.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Tato posted:

Zepplin fuel isn't cheap!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Shard posted:

Steal it

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Lid posted:

admit it you got it for this classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ2Mo1jvQaY

Best song in the set is that weird version of HBK's theme where it sounds like Vince singing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bw6Jv8IwHA

Was this ever used on television?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I don't think so, even the version with Sherri singing (very badly, she was talented at a lot of things but singing wasn't one) it only got used for like a month before they switched to Shawn singing it himself.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Shard posted:

Bandcamp payments go directly to the artists. They do take fees, and sometimes the way the fees come out is weird. They'll let you make, say, 10 sales with no fees, and suddenly the 11th sale goes into an entire black hole because oops, time to pay up. It's inconsistently timed and I've had a few friends get caught out when a generous patron spends extra on music, only to have the entire transaction go to fees.

That said, wait to buy until the "artist gets 100%" day and you're good to go.

Tidal seems nice. I cancelled Spotify and signed up for their no ads tier last night. Need to migrate my playlists over, but so far I haven't found anything Tidal doesn't have that Spotify does, besides antivaxx bullshit merchants. Even semi obscure Swedish pop bands are repped on Tidal.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Today marks the end of Last Podcast on the Left's exclusive Spotify deal* so now you can hear wrestling sort-of superfan Ben Kissel's wrestling podcast Kinda Fun on other platforms

(*though I'm hearing Spotify will attempt to retain the rights to smash hit "Little Toes")

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mob posted:

Today marks the end of Last Podcast on the Left's exclusive Spotify deal* so now you can hear wrestling sort-of superfan Ben Kissel's wrestling podcast Kinda Fun on other platforms

(*though I'm hearing Spotify will attempt to retain the rights to smash hit "Little Toes")
Thanks for this info, I was largely hanging on to Spitify for them. Here's a dumb question for those who have canceled, when should I cancel to avoid bring dinged? Is it like a NJPW world situation?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Thanks for this info, I was largely hanging on to Spitify for them. Here's a dumb question for those who have canceled, when should I cancel to avoid bring dinged? Is it like a NJPW world situation?

Pretty sure it renews on your billing date, not the first of the month.

I switched to Apple Music a while back and have enjoyed it, but I always keep my eye on Tidal and now Napster because they pay artists a lot more per stream. Has anyone used either of those and if so, do they have the same access to podcasts as the others? I get so used to everything just being available all of the time because of the internet that I sometimes forget that it could be a pain for someone to get their podcast onto yet another streaming platform.

(I don't even know if Tidal and Napster do podcasts at all)

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Shard posted:

What's up with Spotify?

Also Joe Rogan put out a statement to address the controversy that on the surface sounded humble and reasonable but was full of so much bullshit and false claims that anyone with a brain could see right through it, just like his actual podcast. His friends are all out in support of his idiocy so at least it's a useful way to know who to stop paying attention to.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Neil Young putting out a random cover to take advantage of Bandcamp Friday would be pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It’s so important we get Rogan off Spotify guys. If it happens things will materially get better for us all. I’m so glad I could support amazon in all this.