Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
(wo)Man of Llamancha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Alpaca Wolves, just to :confused: everybody.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Wew double post

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Como Se Llama

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Why are the rest of you posting names we already have a winner:

saintonan posted:

Ollama bin Laden

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

harperdc posted:

Yeah same, ours has four different categories but the Meets Expectations is where basically everyone gets dropped into.

What’s the point of other options if you’re only using one? What is this, the IGN scoring rubric of old?

Oh, I forgot to mention, if you by some miracle get a higher rating, you need to be that much better the next year, because if you aren't then you aren't working up to the expectations set the prior year and welp, that's a bad rating!

E: "Thanks, oLlama."

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 1, 2022

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Barack HUSSEIN ollama

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Spoeank posted:

Barack HUSSEIN ollama

Llamahu Akbar!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Oh, I forgot to mention, if you by some miracle get a higher rating, you need to be that much better the next year, because if you aren't then you aren't working up to the expectations set the prior year and welp, that's a bad rating!

I like having a job where all monetary compensation is determined by seniority and what the specific job is and short of direct insubordination and/or breaking the law, it's almost impossible to get fired.

Unions rock.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Skwirl posted:

I like having a job where all monetary compensation is determined by seniority and what the specific job is and short of direct insubordination and/or breaking the law, it's almost impossible to get fired.

Unions rock.

Man...

As a computer toucher, I have better chances being appointed God Emperor of the World over getting a union.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Man...

As a computer toucher, I have better chances being appointed God Emperor of the World over getting a union.

If I get in trouble with a supervisor they have to let me talk to my union steward about it before any sort of retribution, on the clock.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Drama Llama
Llamaste
Llamaha
Llamamamia
Ll-m-n-o-p
Shamallamadingdong
Cuidado

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Jeff

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Ana de Llamas

Alternately, Llama de Armas

edit: John Romero's Daikallama

Samadhi fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 1, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I fought the Llama, and the Llama won.

Vlad Tepes Dracullama

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

What about Jeffica?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Name it Keith. All Llamas look like a keith

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I like Bruce for a llama. If it's a girl name it Geraldine.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Skwirl posted:

If I get in trouble with a supervisor they have to let me talk to my union steward about it before any sort of retribution, on the clock.

Union rep must also be present for any meeting that could potentially result in discipline. You've got Weingarten rights son!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Union rep must also be present for any meeting that could potentially result in discipline. You've got Weingarten rights son!

And we're still a way more reliable and cheaper service for clients than any of our non union competitors.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Skwirl posted:

Unions rock.

I spent some time browsing local usps jobs a couple weeks back but most listings are not career track so :shrug:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Al Pacacino

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Kuzco

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I spent some time browsing local usps jobs a couple weeks back but most listings are not career track so :shrug:

You're hired as non-career, and then you become career as career slots open. It took me a month, pre-covid it took people a lot longer (average used to be 2 years, I've talked to co-workers who've been there for over a decade and some of them it was 4 years). I don't think it would be as quick for people getting jobs now as it was for me, but I still think it would be quicker than two years for anyone hired now.

When you aren't career you aren't guaranteed the 40 hours, but they're still short handed so you'll get 5 days (or 6 if you're willing) and any day you work you'll get minimum 4 hours and almost certainly at least 6. And all of the shop protections about not getting fired apply to non career employees as well, they are part of the union.

If you aren't in the management or HR or lawyer or law enforcement section, you are on a career track (and I assume the lawyer and law enforcement sections, at least, have their own unions, I've just never looked into it). If your job involves sorting or delivering mail every day you have a union and union protections and a career track.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think every govt job just about everywhere in the developed world is like that. My brother was on a 6 month contract for his work for like 5 years, my mum was the same, every govt job I apply for is between a 6 and 12 month contract. I think it's largely because its so drat hard to fire anyone even with cause that it's easier to weed out the bad eggs that way and easier to just keep renewing the good ones.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Skwirl posted:

You're hired as non-career, and then you become career as career slots open. It took me a month, pre-covid it took people a lot longer (average used to be 2 years, I've talked to co-workers who've been there for over a decade and some of them it was 4 years). I don't think it would be as quick for people getting jobs now as it was for me, but I still think it would be quicker than two years for anyone hired now.

When you aren't career you aren't guaranteed the 40 hours, but they're still short handed so you'll get 5 days (or 6 if you're willing) and any day you work you'll get minimum 4 hours and almost certainly at least 6. And all of the shop protections about not getting fired apply to non career employees as well, they are part of the union.

If you aren't in the management or HR or lawyer or law enforcement section, you are on a career track (and I assume the lawyer and law enforcement sections, at least, have their own unions, I've just never looked into it). If your job involves sorting or delivering mail every day you have a union and union protections and a career track.

Do they have jobs where you only have to work 2-3 days a week? I'm not looking for something now, but long-term when I don't need to work full-time, I'd love a job working a few days delivering mail, or at the post office.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Do they have jobs where you only have to work 2-3 days a week? I'm not looking for something now, but long-term when I don't need to work full-time, I'd love a job working a few days delivering mail, or at the post office.

There are part time employees, that's gonna be super localized though and I don't know how that interacts with the union poo poo. The weekend before Christmas I worked with a seasonal employee and I have no idea how that poo poo works either.

Wherever you are they will probably try and talk you into more hours, only do it if you want to.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Grittybeard posted:

I've definitely had a time in my life where I rocked the garbage bag duct taped over the broken window of my car look with no shame.

I'm gonna take pictures of all of the chips and cracks in my truck's windshield.

There's a lot.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Feelin pretty fuckin handy right now!!

Can add “fix windows” to the list of poo poo I did on my own

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I couldn't afford to fix my window back in the day so I went to the junkyard and got a new door instead. Did that twice. Also held my bumper on with duct tape for 3 years. :911:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Funny part is I bought four pieces of glass this time and nailed it first try

Oh and Home Depot wouldn’t cut it for me I asked

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Skwirl posted:

There are part time employees, that's gonna be super localized though and I don't know how that interacts with the union poo poo. The weekend before Christmas I worked with a seasonal employee and I have no idea how that poo poo works either.

Wherever you are they will probably try and talk you into more hours, only do it if you want to.
To add to this from what I know about FedEx which is the opposite of union work, there's always a job to sort packages and load / unload trailers. It's a poo poo job but it pays. Some shifts are just 4 hours.

I wouldn't suggest it.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Growing up near Boston, we had a llama-based joke we liked to tell. It works best out loud but you'll get the idea.

A single-L Lama is a monk in Tibet.
A double-L Llama is a packing animal in Peru.
And a triple-L Lamah is a really wicked fi-uh in Dorchestah.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Skwirl posted:

Cool. It’s a long ways off, I would just love a job that involves delivering mail like 2-3 days a week. Sounds awesome to me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Cool. It’s a long ways off, I would just love a job that involves delivering mail like 2-3 days a week. Sounds awesome to me.

Just check every two weeks if there's part time "carrier assistant" jobs locally. That's what entry level mail delivery is called.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Seems like this company called "Hitpiece" has just minted a ton of NFTs of songs they don't own, including Disney so be ready for the Mouse to come down hard.

I only learned of it because a bunch of metal and punk bands are seeing their songs on there.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
oh man talk about the wrong company to gently caress with

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Intruder posted:

oh man talk about the wrong company to gently caress with

Also Nintendo! And Lennon estate!

https://www.hitpiece.com/

Literally the top four live auctions!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

Seems like this company called "Hitpiece" has just minted a ton of NFTs of songs they don't own, including Disney so be ready for the Mouse to come down hard.

I only learned of it because a bunch of metal and punk bands are seeing their songs on there.

I assume they just take the money out of the account and gently caress of with it and then it's just a matter of if people can figure out who they are. And that will either be insanely, stupidly easy, or never happen. If they aren't arrested in two weeks I'm going with "never caught and we never find out their real identities."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Hot Diggity! posted:

Also Nintendo! And Lennon estate!

https://www.hitpiece.com/

Literally the top four live auctions!

Lol the top one is at like 20 million