Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the water temple is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It is

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I have never played Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, or Skyward Sword

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d go as far to say that most of the 2D Zelda dungeons are worse than any of the 3D ones

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Stoked af for new Kirby game next month, woop woop.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

drat that sounds cool did they ever patch it to not run at liek 15fps

It definitely drops pretty low for a moment when I blast a huge crowd with a fire wand or whatever. Though with the big finishing moves and some normal moves slowing down time on purpose anyway, it's not that distracting. That said, I have only played docked. I can't speak to handheld performance.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Stoked af for new Kirby game next month, woop woop.

Yeah. It'll be my first one

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Friends. Tetris Effect is the best Tetris game.

If you like Tetris get it.

If you love Tetris get it as soon as possible.

If you LOVE Tetris get it now.

It took me a bit but I finally got to lvl 50 in experience which unlocks a secret level and it is perfect!

Remember when you got to New Donk City in Mario Odyssey? Remember that sheer joy and celebration of Mario? Yeah well it's that but for Tetris. It's glorious.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It took me a bit but I finally got to lvl 50 in experience which unlocks a secret level and it is perfect!

Remember when you got to New Donk City in Mario Odyssey? Remember that sheer joy and celebration of Mario? Yeah well it's that but for Tetris. It's glorious.

How equivalent are the difficulty levels to NEStris? I was never able to get past 10, whether on it or the Gameboy.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

How equivalent are the difficulty levels to NEStris? I was never able to get past 10, whether on it or the Gameboy.

You can play NEStris in Tetris Effect

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

It can be dead easy or as hard as you want. I think there's an option to even choose a speed and then prevent it from increasing if you just want to chill and tetris. I personally let it increase because then I would never lose tbh. The game is seriously very customizable and has tons of options aside from the crazy cool themes. I do think T99 has better ones, if you like what's on offer, but these are just so drat cool.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

We really enjoyed the coop mode, the one where you're three players against AI that get increasingly more bullshit powers.

Now and then your team will enter ~the zone~; for a short while your boards combine and it's so goddamn satisfying melting lines together all over the screen.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I got the new pokemon game and drat, I forgot how many tutorials they tend to start with.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Not sure how it runs on the Switch (I'm sure it's probably fine) but Tetris Effect is so drat good. I play at least like 20 minutes every day.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

100YrsofAttitude posted:

this, and if you do play this game don't sleep on the connected mode. it's you and 2 other players against a "boss" that does all kind of crazy poo poo like drop giant pieces or clear random rows. you defeat it by building up a meter that puts all 3 players on a giant shared playing field where you take turns dropping pieces to try and fill it to the top which dumps a bunch of garbage lines on the boss. the music is the real reason to play this mode, each difficulty consists of 3 bosses and the way the music builds and changes for each one is incredible. best music in the game and that's really saying something imo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
My favorite stage is Celebration but they're all cool in their own ways.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are you guys talking about Tetris Effect: Connected?

Or is there another Tetris Effect game I’m not seeing?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Kwolok posted:

This looks great but for whatever reason my credit card never goes through on ali express... and for the appeal they want me to upload all sorts of documentation, not worth it, hopefully this makes its way to amazon eventually.

I can’t PM you to ask, but I’m going to order a case that fit the controllers. If you are still interested I can get the bundle and get the controllers to you for cost plus whatever shipping.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I've replayed Ocarina and Majora's Mask a hundred billion times, I'm totally ready to replay Twilight Princess and Wind Waker given I never had a Wii U. Nintendo do the needful.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Postman posted:

Zelda is the princess

Correct

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Shut the gently caress up, REALLY?! That's my favourite one! :eyepop:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Be careful what you wish for.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1333852882714710016?t=9iUBidq4urKpr0bjSRfwlA&s=19

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah it's the "classic score attack" competitive mode, iirc it's played to NES rules/mechanics

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Thunder Bear posted:

I've never seen anything made in TierMaker that was even remotely correct.

here u go

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

f

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also if you have a USB keyboard you can input the konami code on the title screen and type in '06061984' and get this secret theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIIyWX_la2o

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
I've said it before, but it's worth repeating for posterity's sake: Tetris Effect is definitive Tetris and should replace any previous Tetris versions you might own.

Hmm.

Slide Majora's Mask between LA and WW and I'll allow it.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Oh snap! I was kinda wondering what the experience system was even there for but now I've gotta go level up.

Though also my copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 shipped and I'm kinda curious what that contains that the original didn't.

Thunder Bear posted:

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating for posterity's sake: Tetris Effect is definitive Tetris and should replace any previous Tetris versions you might own.

They still don't recognize the square block bonus points from The New Tetris which I still compulsively build toward.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Thunder Bear posted:

I've never seen anything made in TierMaker that was even remotely correct.

I am the assasins creed of posting because my best work is best in C

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

RCarr posted:

Are you guys talking about Tetris Effect: Connected?

Or is there another Tetris Effect game I’m not seeing?

That’s the one. One of my few day 1 purchase and not a single regret.

I need to get a usb keyboard…

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

my friend

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

I'd still bump OoT and the original LoZ to the bottom of their respective tiers, but we're getting drat close to proving me wrong.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the idea that links awakening isnt the top of the list is, frankly, worthy of a firing squad

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

New game from Yacht Club, looks interesting.

https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/1488654270341672960?s=20&t=l6HSrKwusW3-NF275kewEQ

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Oh gently caress

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Hell yes, this looks absolutely rad.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hollower Knight

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They got a lot of nerve making it a Kickstarter lol.

I'll check it out when it's on Game Pass next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

Stux posted:

the idea that links awakening isnt the top of the list is, frankly, worthy of a firing squad

I don't necessarily agree with placing BotW or LA above Majora's Mask, but I understand the reasoning and will yield if pressed.