Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lamo rip that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

I think I got moldy lungs just looking at this house

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

also while cruising around that town on Google Maps I just found this

what the christ

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

also while cruising around that town on Google Maps I just found this

what the christ

It's pretty straightforward. You get strips via your medicaid or medicare, then you sell them to these guys for cash you can live on. Sucks about your uncontrolled diabetes but that's America

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I like how all the thinkpiece articles about the pandemic are out here talmbout "We're tired of the pandemic :qq:" with the inevitable conclusion that we need to stop fighting the virus and go back to normal because I'm inconvienenced.

Americans, especially people permitting to write for NYT or the Atlantic, aren't really used to hearing "no" are we? We really do have everything. When something doesn't go our way we throw some money, threaten someone, or get their manager and DEMAND the inconvenience end. The idea that the virus won't cater to our desires is just alien.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I say Diabetans

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

lamo rip that guy

We grew up one town over

he's got an education and a job with the PASSHE university system but his wife refuses to move away because her dad lives there.

Apr 7, 2003

ah. nice

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

the only homes i could afford. the 8k one that is

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
lol I wish I could just say I'm tired of something that I have no control over and it would go away

Won't SOMEONE rid me of this pesky virus?

Apr 7, 2003

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I think I got moldy lungs just looking at this house

THere's a lifetime of grandma poo poo in this one if you're into that

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lmao

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
I REALLY wish that someone, ANYONE, could rid me of this troublesome economic system.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

euphronius posted:

For like 5 years trunp and his ideas ran the country and he’s a deeply ignorant, paranoid, racist, sexist, sociopath and it rubbed off

Wasn't one of the things that used to get talked about how Trump completely gutted the government all of the quiet bureaucrats who kept things running and ensured the dumbest loving grifters were in charge of everything?

Of course Biden hasn't fixed anything and like everything else, once you lose everyone who actually knows how to do poo poo, you can't just get that experience back.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I am tired of shoveling snow but if I get six inches in my driveway tonight I still have to deal with it even if I’d rather not.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shiroc posted:

Wasn't one of the things that used to get talked about how Trump completely gutted the government all of the quiet bureaucrats who kept things running and ensured the dumbest loving grifters were in charge of everything?

Of course Biden hasn't fixed anything and like everything else, once you lose everyone who actually knows how to do poo poo, you can't just get that experience back.

most of those people are in state and local govs

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

THere's a lifetime of grandma poo poo in this one if you're into that

surprised there isn't a bowel of hard candies on that table

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Stop posting this moron, I'm tired of reading his delusional crap.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

A Bakers Cousin posted:

lol I wish I could just say I'm tired of something that I have no control over and it would go away

i'm tired of having a permanent physical disability

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Shifty Nipples posted:

i'm tired of having a permanent physical disability

Have you tried writing an OpEd for the New York Times?

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

fosborb posted:

lmao I didn't realize this was real

https://www.urgencyofnormal.com/

An advocacy toolkit and companion webinar for parents, students, mentors, teachers, administrators, and everyone invested in taking the best possible care of our children

I remember seeing thread fav twitter personalities warning about this vile thing

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

skooma512 posted:

I like how all the thinkpiece articles about the pandemic are out here talmbout "We're tired of the pandemic :qq:" with the inevitable conclusion that we need to stop fighting the virus and go back to normal because I'm inconvienenced.

Americans, especially people permitting to write for NYT or the Atlantic, aren't really used to hearing "no" are we? We really do have everything. When something doesn't go our way we throw some money, threaten someone, or get their manager and DEMAND the inconvenience end. The idea that the virus won't cater to our desires is just alien.

This is what makes me want to just scream until i die. People act like it's the things we should be doing to stop the pandemic that are bad, and not the actual virus that makes you sick and/or dead.

We're not having a viral pandemic, we're having a pandemic of libs telling me what to do!

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

A Bakers Cousin posted:

You can, through the power of self-delusion. Reject any information that threatens your worldview and carry on in blissful, willful ignorance

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1488521901764976643

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Shiroc posted:

I read "The Fifth Risk" by Michael Lewis in April 2020 and it was exactly about this.

Apr 7, 2003

Shiroc posted:

Biden never reversed the Trump admin decisions that gutted meat safety programs and I haven't eaten US origin factory farmed pork in years. Thanks Joe

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Biden never reversed the Trump admin decisions that gutted meat safety programs and I haven't eaten US origin factory farmed pork in years. Thanks Joe

Hell he never even got Dejoy out lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

oh word?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

regional endemic lmao

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

gently caress that guy, good riddance

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the media: "zients has remained unscathed for the president loving up covid so bad even though he's been the big boss this whole time. it's a total mystery why. we can't figure out why we haven't focused on him"

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Stop posting this moron, I'm tired of reading his delusional crap.

You can say the same about Chise, Gandhi, Walensky, Fauci, etc., but they're still getting posted.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

That particular picture is from a town of 8-9k that has just completely ceased to function on any level larger than the family or business level. Garbage collection was privatized and is now charged by weight, you drop it off, and most people can't afford it so they take their trash up to the hills and burn it in giant waste piles.

i have an idea for any town that can't afford trash pickup. pick a central place in town and demolish it. call it midden park. its a community space that is a sort of evolving time capsule that grows and changes as people dump their garbage contribute to the communal art project.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

[COVID] Deaths continue to rise

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lovelyn posted:

One of our aides comes from a whole family of anti-vaxxers. Her dad was all over Twitter with the usual bullshit, interspersed with nuggets of truth like there are only 2 genders and no one wants to work hard anymore.

When anti-vax fuckers protested at our hospital, he was there . Driving to/from work was terrifying because they yelled, got in the way, and threw things at our cars. All the while, his daughter/the aide would come into work wearing shirts that said "I'm a lion not a sheep."

It makes sense why he waited so long before checking into the hospital. He came straight to the ICU and did the high flow/BiPAP dance until he couldn't. I'd like to say it didn't feel great to make him eat that tube. I'd like to say it didn't feel great when his organs started to fail, or when he couldn't tolerate being supined so we had to leave him proned for over 36 hours straight on multiple occasions. I'd like to say it didn't feel great to have this drag on for over a month.

Throughout all this, his daughter was posting the most delusional updates. "He's doing great! They weaned his vent to 90%!" "I think we haven't been specific enough with our prayers. We're asking Him to heal dad's lungs but we should be praying for his aveoli (spelled incorrectly)."

I don't know what magic words palliative said to finally get his code status changed, but rest in piss to a cruel man who didn't give a gently caress about anyone but his own.

(also, this should go without saying, but please don't repost this anywhere)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mCjBspxuUmU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

A Bakers Cousin posted:

old houses that need to be demolished are also a big rural problem, all the old farm towns in illinois are dying and all the old farm houses are just rotting because no one wants to buy a lot of land that requires not only a demolition but also you now live in some dead farm village with a trailer park and a gas station?

I like to travel to the Washington State coast to explore so I end up stopping for gas at a lot of dead or dying rural towns out there, many of them look like they're less than a decade away from just falling into the slough/Straight of Juan de Fuca/Pacific Ocean. I was in a place called Clallam Bay in 2019, the only businesses in town were the general store and a car shop and the car shop went out of business and had a for sale sign up. Once the general store there goes it's going to be like an hour to the next town for groceries assuming the highway hasn't been taken out by a landslide again.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Thoguh posted:

I am tired of shoveling snow but if I get six inches in my driveway tonight I still have to deal with it even if I’d rather not.

ask your mom for advice on getting six inches in your driveway tonight

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Serious question from a dumbass North American who hasn't been able to get off this landmass: are other rural areas decaying as badly as they are here? Like if I travel to the deep west of Ireland, or the middle of Italy, or central France, wherever in Europe away from a big city, is poo poo falling apart there too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

mycomancy posted:

Serious question from a dumbass North American who hasn't been able to get off this landmass: are other rural areas decaying as badly as they are here? Like if I travel to the deep west of Ireland, or the middle of Italy, or central France, wherever in Europe away from a big city, is poo poo falling apart there too?

I've been to a lot of tiny German and French villages and I would say no, but European rural life is...different than the USA