Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

just walking around actively plotting the end of all cars like a normal person

Post username combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

500excf type r posted:

So you remove the drain bolt, drain the oil out, install a cork, and fill it back up with oil, and hope no one notices the 5 quarts of black gold under the car
wut

u yank it and cork it in half a second and spill maybe a mouthful of oil

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Dolphin posted:

wut

u yank it and cork it in half a second and spill maybe a mouthful of oil

dont normally measure oil in mouthfuls but ok

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

I swear he posted this word-for-word a month ago

mystes
May 31, 2006

Polo-Rican posted:

I swear he posted this word-for-word a month ago
You've probably heard about "vision zero"; america is actually pursuing a "vision zero memory zero action zero" policy where politicians with zero insight into the problem with america's car culture or desire to change it tweet the same platitudes every month without actually doing anything

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
come out ye auto stans
come out and fight me like a man
show your wife the bumps you got on fenders

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

mila kunis posted:

come out ye auto stans

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

mystes posted:

You've probably heard about "vision zero"; america is actually pursuing a "vision zero memory zero action zero" policy where politicians with zero insight into the problem with america's car culture or desire to change it tweet the same platitudes every month without actually doing anything

Vote.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

mila kunis posted:

come out ye auto stans

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

just walking around actively plotting the end of all cars like a normal person

making mental images of every car that's ever been poo poo on by a bird, meticulously developing an extensive catalogue in my mind palace, and silently celebrating a victory for each

i also have libraries of cars being keyed by angry ex's but that's a separate directory of course~ :chord:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

mystes posted:

Vision zero in my town just wound up being some billboards blaming pedestrians for getting killed because they wore dark clothes.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Margaret Thatcher was pro-train.

Around this time, she gave her first Commons speech as a shadow transport minister and highlighted the need for investment in British Rail. She argued: "[...] if we build bigger and better roads, they would soon be saturated with more vehicles and we would be no nearer solving the problem."[69]

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

PeterCat posted:

Margaret Thatcher was pro-train.

Around this time, she gave her first Commons speech as a shadow transport minister and highlighted the need for investment in British Rail. She argued: "[...] if we build bigger and better roads, they would soon be saturated with more vehicles and we would be no nearer solving the problem."[69]

nice

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
the iron horse-lady

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Thatcher... good?

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

vision zero reduction in free parking

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

500excf type r posted:

So you remove the drain bolt, drain the oil out, install a cork, and fill it back up with oil, and hope no one notices the 5 quarts of black gold under the car

You could do it quickly with minimal spillage assuming you had a properly sized cork.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Thatcher... good?

girl power in public transit

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Thatcher helped setup the death of British rail when she was in power by slowly starving it of funding.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Ardennes posted:

Thatcher helped setup the death of British rail when she was in power by slowly starving it of funding.

Wonder what changed her mind?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Anytime Margaret Thatcher comes up, I feel compelled to post this:

https://youtu.be/DUlj48Rvp1c

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in my lovely town in the winter the snow plows cover all the sidewalks with 5' of snow and only carve a path large enough for a car to pass and loving nothing else and there's always these poor pedestrians that are forced to walk on these death streets where cars blast through at 500 miles per hour and there is literally nowhere to walk other than in the direct path of inevitability

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
https://imgur.com/gallery/ylukM97

https://i.imgur.com/LXAPq2z.mp4

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/former-miami-police-chief-breaks-down-i-95-road-rage-shooting-video/2676720/

Dude lit up someone for daring to even get mad at them for cutting them off. His defense was naturally, that he feared for his life, so he shot 11 rounds out his window and was ready to kill that other guy, and is probably now deaf.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

skooma512 posted:

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/former-miami-police-chief-breaks-down-i-95-road-rage-shooting-video/2676720/

Dude lit up someone for daring to even get mad at them for cutting them off. His defense was naturally, that he feared for his life, so he shot 11 rounds out his window and was ready to kill that other guy, and is probably now deaf.

The other car is pretty clearly the aggressor in that video and attacked the guy first, that doesnt make it okay or good to shoot all crazy like that, but if someone is attacking you, you should absolutely have every right to defend yourself.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

skooma512 posted:

The former police chief in the video calls the shooter's brake check "a de-escalation of what's to come." What do police think the word de-escalation means?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
florida man is problematic and all but..........

florida is the worst, and their drivers are the worstest in all of america

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Xaris posted:

florida man is problematic and all but..........

florida is the worst, and their drivers are the worstest in all of america

have you ever driven in Atlanta?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cat Puke posted:

The former police chief in the video calls the shooter's brake check "a de-escalation of what's to come." What do police think the word de-escalation means?
Oh no wonder the police go around shooting people, they just misunderstood the meaning of "de-escalation"

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

500excf type r posted:

The other car is pretty clearly the aggressor in that video and attacked the guy first, that doesnt make it okay or good to shoot all crazy like that, but if someone is attacking you, you should absolutely have every right to defend yourself.
I feel like maybe a public policy of "if someone throws a water bottle at you, please feel free to fire off 11 bullets on a freeway in the name of self-defense" creates some perverse incentives.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Ham Equity posted:

I feel like maybe a public policy of "if someone throws a water bottle at you, please feel free to fire off 11 bullets on a freeway in the name of self-defense" creates some perverse incentives.
Good point. 11 bullets is pretty limited, so let's make a note to encourage drivers to use high capacity magazines.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

500excf type r posted:

lmao

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

500excf type r posted:

please give me the right to defend myself from cars (as a pedestrian)

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
It is lovely to have all the facts in hindsight but in the moment when someone is aggressively attacking you with and from their car, it is pretty loving scary hth

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

500excf type r posted:

It is lovely to have all the facts in hindsight but in the moment when someone is aggressively attacking you with and from their car, it is pretty loving scary hth

The shooter was the first to attack with their car by brake checking the victim after cutting them off.

Anyway, death to cars.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

500excf type r posted:

gently caress em both IMO

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

please give me the right to defend myself from cars (as a pedestrian)

Maybe we're on to something, here. I pretty much feel like I'm being constantly threatened by the cars driving near me.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

gently caress em both IMO

Absolutely the right answer overall

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
The fash in Canada have effectively brought Ottowa to a standstill by blocking the roads since Saturday. If our cities weren't so car dependent, this wouldn't be remotely possible. Seems very likely to see copycats in the US if the attackers aren't held accountable...

Would be a drat shame if something bad happened to all the dumb trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

500excf type r posted:

You do not under any circumstances have to hand it to em