Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Skwirl posted:

I assume they just take the money out of the account and gently caress of with it and then it's just a matter of if people can figure out who they are. And that will either be insanely, stupidly easy, or never happen. If they aren't arrested in two weeks I'm going with "never caught and we never find out their real identities."

I mean

https://twitter.com/joinhitpiece/status/1486776654261211136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Yeah the people in charge of that grift are pretty open about putting their names and faces in front of it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

This is clearly a scam but will it still be a scam when actual artists start doing this with real songs? The answer may surprise you!

yes

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Maybe it’s like punk musicians who say they wanna go fast and die young, these guys just want to have a good time and accept they’ll be sued into oblivion, they’re just riding that high. That stupid, annoying high.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Also Nintendo! And Lennon estate!

https://www.hitpiece.com/

Literally the top four live auctions!

Disney's bigger but Nintendo might be the most litigious company I can think of about absolutely nothing, let alone something where they have a real case.

fake edit: site seems to be dead right now.

e: lol after trying to make this site work I'm about here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBOZIErHhWM&t=114s

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 2, 2022

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Pain of Mind posted:

I always wondered how the gig economy was masking unemployment numbers. Sure, it is technically a job, but it does not really seem like it should count when you get almost no benefits and you need to work 16 hours a day to get a small wage while massively depreciating what is most likely your most valuable asset.

There's some pretty huge problems lurking over the next few decades with it too.

Guess what happens when your employer doesn't pay FICA taxes for you? You have to pay both shares when you file self-employment income. How many gig economy workers do you think will pay those taxes?

Guess what happens when you don't pay those taxes and become disabled, or years later reach retirement age? You either don't get Social Security, or get an insultingly low amount.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

GD_American posted:

Guess what happens when you don't pay those taxes and become disabled, or years later reach retirement age? You either don't get Social Security, or get an insultingly low amount.

Just lol if you're actually expecting to receive social security when you retire

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Rectal Placenta posted:

Just lol if you're actually expecting to receive social security when you retire

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Rectal Placenta posted:

It’s still going to be around, but you might only get 75% of what you’re supposed to. Unless the US complete collapses I guess.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Covid is keeping social security solvent.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Bird in a Blender posted:

Unless the US complete collapses I guess.

Lol thats a loving given at this point.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah social security will be around when you retire, unless the US government completely collapses. Which, sure, is totally possible. But SS's oft-reported insolvency is actually just the day it has to pay out more than it takes in. The possible fixes for this have been obvious for decades, but that will be the date on which Congress will be forced to pick one:
  • raise the age of retirement
  • reduce benefits
  • increase the salary cap above which we stop taking out social security taxes
  • raise SS taxes across the board
  • raise or borrow money some other way

The "reduce benefits" line is the worst-case scenario, and the worst of the projected post-insolvency years pays out at least 75% of currently-obligated amounts.

Medicare is in much worse shape and a much bigger problem.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Lol thats a loving given at this point.

It’s going to be a slow shambling death that will make the collapse of the USSR look quaint in comparison. Not even factoring in the inevitable religious extremist factions that will immediately turn to ISIL level depravity once consequences are fully off the table.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It is currently just shy of 70 % humidity and its 100 degrees f and my air conditioner in my main living room doesn't work. It's quite gross.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BlindSite posted:

It is currently just shy of 70 % humidity and its 100 degrees f and my air conditioner in my main living room doesn't work. It's quite gross.

As someone who has been in South Florida in August with no AC (And had a car with no AC one summer :suicide:), you have my deepest sympathies. Do you at least have some fans or another room that does have AC?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

Sometimes you post things like this an I’ve forgotten where you’re at and I’m super confused for a minute

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fartknocker posted:

As someone who has been in South Florida in August with no AC (And had a car with no AC one summer :suicide:), you have my deepest sympathies. Do you at least have some fans or another room that does have AC?

I've got a good new unit in my bedroom, so at least I can sleep. I've got some more job applications and some writing to do this afternoon but I think I'm going to throw it on and read the afternoon away in cool and peace as soon as I stop procrastinating and get it done.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Sometimes you post things like this an I’ve forgotten where you’re at and I’m super confused for a minute

I'm quite adept sometimes at posting for american readers. Then sometimes I can't be bothered and throw in normal colloquialisms and weather reports. Like to keep you blokes on your toes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

Snow's starting to come down here, time to spin the roulette wheel to find out if we get 1 or 16 inches (I think here it's supposed to be about 8 for us).

e: DIY swamp coolers do some work if it gets bad enough by the way. And if you can find some ice.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 2, 2022

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Snow's starting to come down here, time to spin the roulette wheel to find out if we get 1 or 16 inches (I think here it's supposed to be about 8 for us).

e: DIY swamp coolers do some work if it gets bad enough by the way. And if you can find some ice.

For now a pack of frozen peas on my neck and a fan that sounds like its gonna take off is getting me through.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I get a little laugh every time someone fires up the spam gun without making sure the mail merge works

quote:

Hi #name#,

Here is the information you requested.

You can access the white paper titled as "#business#".

Link is as follows #website#

I hope you read it soon. Because I m sure you ll discover how a business discovery platform can eliminate the frustrations around waiting for IT to build a report, while opening your eyes to a new approach allowing you to explore your data, draw insights and meaningful conclusions. All of which enable you to make better decisions.

Sounds like a compelling product!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I hate, hate, hate cleaning up and pulling the "we need to remove these kids" trigger on cases but holy poo poo the office I got this case from seriously hosed up and didn't do poo poo. I get the staffing issues they had, I genuinely do, but leaving poo poo alone for 2 months on a case, closing it and then going "oh yeah you should remove" on a staffing call another 2 months later when it inevitable reopened is infuriating.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Good times playing pickup ball tonight :v:

content warning

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Oh no! How is your finger doing now?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

straight and in a splint with only a small fracture

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
On the bright side I think you get your own NFL network job now.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Intruder posted:

straight and in a splint with only a small fracture

That happened to me taking a softball line drive off my pinky. We re-set it on the field and there was no structural damage but it still doesn't feel right, 6 months later.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Salvor_Hardin posted:

That happened to me taking a softball line drive off my pinky. We re-set it on the field and there was no structural damage but it still doesn't feel right, 6 months later.

My adult softball injury was a foul tip straight in to the middle of my face. I broke my nose and needed 4 stitches. It was work league too so when I went to work on Monday boss looked at me and went "well, you don't look as bad as I thought". The next year I had to wear a face mask since I usually catch.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I tried to reset it myself but couldn't, mostly because it didn't hurt much on its own but moving it was pure agony so I thought gently caress it I need to get xrays anyway and wussed out to just let the doctor do it

They also prescribed me 600 mg tablets of ibruprofen and considering the ones I have at home are 200mg I wonder if any of our forum medical professionals can tell me why I should fill the prescription instead of just taking three

Intruder fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Feb 2, 2022

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

My adult softball injury was a foul tip straight in to the middle of my face. I broke my nose and needed 4 stitches. It was work league too so when I went to work on Monday boss looked at me and went "well, you don't look as bad as I thought". The next year I had to wear a face mask since I usually catch.

My best beer league injury story doesn't come from something that happened to me thankfully, but from someone I was playing with.

Hockey, a guy's tooth got chipped badly. We happened to have a dentist on the team and he just took him over to the office after the game (which was scheduled at 10:45 pm because that's how hockey works here or at least worked at the time). Quick and easy as far as dentistry can go, he was fixed early in the morning.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

fuuuuuuck yea

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Grittybeard posted:

My best beer league injury story doesn't come from something that happened to me thankfully, but from someone I was playing with.

Hockey, a guy's tooth got chipped badly. We happened to have a dentist on the team and he just took him over to the office after the game (which was scheduled at 10:45 pm because that's how hockey works here or at least worked at the time). Quick and easy as far as dentistry can go, he was fixed early in the morning.

My best-worst leg (and elbow) injury is from my senior year of high school. I wasn't feeling right, but Coach Lou insisted that I go out for the day, because we were facing another school for a playoff spot. That pitching coach would have insisted on going out even if you were in a wheelchair.

Third inning, I came out, got the first batter, struck him out. But I could tell that I was hanging my curveball. I shook off the catcher, Matty knew I was off. Coach Lou came out to the mound and asked what the gently caress I was doing, buying time? I said, "No, Coach, I just don't have it in my arm." Dude grabbed me and said, "Tim, If I send a signal for you to throw a curve or a slider, then you throw that goddamn pitch."

Very next pitch, he called a slider, Matty gave me the signal, I sighed and nodded.

Left knee came down and I heard and felt a pop, then felt a pop and an explosion in my right elbow. Collapsed immediately. Turned out I had ripped my ACL, MCL, meniscus and UCL.

Edit: The guys in the bullpen vaulted over the fence immediately and one of the guys, John C, looked back at Coach Lou as though to say, "No, you don't get to touch him." They were surrounding me until the ambo arrived.

Timby fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Feb 2, 2022

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

mixed doubles olympic curling is starting now

e: the aussies hosed up and we won

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Feb 2, 2022

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vertical Lime posted:

Haha in your face BlindSite

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Vertical Lime posted:

Thank you for reminding me to look up the curling schedule

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I am thinking of buying an NFT...

https://twitter.com/JesusNFTChrist/status/1457751643517247489?t=GB49_kkQAjB6WE0x0ckMvA&s=19

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Invest that money on weed instead. When the smoke clears, you'll feel way less dumb.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Forrest on Fire posted:

Invest that money on weed instead. When the smoke clears, you'll feel way less dumb.

This man isn't wrong. Although I prefer edibles to smoking, just because I have so much scarring on my lungs due to PEs.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I also did the exact same thing to my pinky in 8th grade gym class, we were playing soccer that day and someone booted the ball straight on into my pinky. After going “what the fuuuck” it popped back straight and the gym teacher sent the kid who kicked the ball with me to the nurses office. He asked what happened and I tried to like physically mimic what way my pinky was pointed and accidentally popped it back out to a 90 degree angle again :v:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There's a guy name Joe Lien in my office and I'm having trouble asking if he has flaming locks of auburn hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Timby posted:

This man isn't wrong. Although I prefer edibles to smoking, just because I have so much scarring on my lungs due to PEs.

Yeah, you don't have to actually smoke a joint. If it's legal get a cheap electric vape and it'll help calm you down. Edibles are also pretty easy to work with when you figure out dosages and what you actually want.

I was mostly joking because Dr. Swickles is a medical professional, and while all the medical professionals I know light up, it's not necessarily the norm.