Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol gently caress you only get 3 continues on hard mode. Back to Normal I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

American McGay posted:

lol gently caress you only get 3 continues on hard mode. Back to Normal I guess.

lmfao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
just watched b_d beat the last boss by the skin of his teeth lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The mode 7 poo poo on the first stage was a little distracting but overall I love the aesthetics and sprite work in this game.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

American McGay posted:

The mode 7 poo poo on the first stage was a little distracting but overall I love the aesthetics and sprite work in this game.

yeah mechanically that stuff is just awkward and it doesn't really work but it's an impressive effect

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

cool. i didn't think i would make it through even on easy but i guess i'm a more bad rear end gamer than i thought. i think i could do normal but not within the time limit and i probably wont.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

thanks to TLD, subactuality, elfbutt, and anyone else whose chat possibly scrolled out of range and/or whose twitch handles i didn't recognize.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I'm so sick of this stupid loving project at work that I'm gonna start P&R2 like right at midnight lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
didnt feel like putting any effort into this one so im not gonna clear it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Got the easy clear, not super satisfying because poo poo dies like twice as fast as on normal lol. Should have started earlier

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Stage 6 is a loving doozy man.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Trying to buzzer beat a normal completion continuing off my easy run let's go

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Normal, 3 continues.

I think this game is sick. I wasn't a huge fan of the mode7 graphics, but swapping between vertical and horizontal shmup levels was cool. One continue on the final boss, one during the weird confusing mid section of stage 6, and one on the boss of stage 4 which was my own fault because I wasted like 3 minutes using that one weapon that just shits a ton of bombs on his head thinking I was doing damage. I think 1CC is outside of my skill level, especially with how hosed up level 6 is, and Hard mode being super stingy with continues basically makes that a no go as well. I think stage 2 was my favorite, not a lot of bullshit and cool enemies / boss.

One thing it feels like it's missing is power ups, or something to try and collect from defeated ships. There's not really much motivation to actually kill stuff, and a lot of the time it's easier to survive if you just focus on yourself and dodging instead of firing a billion missiles. Have a special enemy 2 or 3 times in every stage that drops a little glowing wrench orb that lets me repair my broken guns or something.

A solid game choice overall. Another Game Club success story.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ArfJason posted:

didnt feel like putting any effort into this one

konami didnt either

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The unkillable blue things in stage 4 are the bane of my existence on normal and they don't even bother you on easy lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

Normal, 3 continues.

I think this game is sick. I wasn't a huge fan of the mode7 graphics, but swapping between vertical and horizontal shmup levels was cool. One continue on the final boss, one during the weird confusing mid section of stage 6, and one on the boss of stage 4 which was my own fault because I wasted like 3 minutes using that one weapon that just shits a ton of bombs on his head thinking I was doing damage. I think 1CC is outside of my skill level, especially with how hosed up level 6 is, and Hard mode being super stingy with continues basically makes that a no go as well. I think stage 2 was my favorite, not a lot of bullshit and cool enemies / boss.

One thing it feels like it's missing is power ups, or something to try and collect from defeated ships. There's not really much motivation to actually kill stuff, and a lot of the time it's easier to survive if you just focus on yourself and dodging instead of firing a billion missiles. Have a special enemy 2 or 3 times in every stage that drops a little glowing wrench orb that lets me repair my broken guns or something.

A solid game choice overall. Another Game Club success story.

drat a buzzer beater, nice job

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i really want to play pocky and rocky 2

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mycophobia posted:

it looks fun, never really knew too much about them either

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mycophobia posted:

yea same. it looks fun

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Took 1 too many dumb dragon deaths in stage 5 and died on the escape sequence again. I'll definitely play this game some more outside of the game club

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

You don't even have to be on Normal for either of the Pock & Rocky 2 challenges?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Joan posted:

You don't even have to be on Normal for either of the Pock & Rocky 2 challenges?

I didn't know there was difficulties but I will change it to normal if that is the case

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Evil Eagle posted:

Took 1 too many dumb dragon deaths in stage 5 and died on the escape sequence again. I'll definitely play this game some more outside of the game club

RIP

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

yeah i just checked, there's easy normal and hard.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

What's the end date for P&R? The 8th?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

What's the end date for P&R? The 8th?

yeah could you update the OP to add [Pocky & Rocky 2 (SNES) - 1994 - Deadline 2/8/22 11:59PM EST]

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

yeah could you update the OP to add [Pocky & Rocky 2 (SNES) - 1994 - Deadline 2/8/22 11:59PM EST]

:tipshat:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol this game is already awesome

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol the first stage is just a character select (I think?)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
im loving this

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
This game was absolutely made for Imp Zone lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
these bosses take too drat long

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

mycophobia posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

excited to play a genuinely epic game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mycophobia posted:

lost a life to the timer on the 2nd boss, definitely missing something here

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Let's go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

The first guy I fought (went left and up the stairs, didn't even think about seeing what griffins awaited me on the right) took like 20 hits to break his shield and then another 600 hits to kill.