Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
When I do that the other scav pauses and domes me in the head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
My favourite is when I can just smell that the fat player scav I see before me trying to play cool is actually a traitor scav and got that Pilgrim off another scav.

Love when you blap them and see the +Fence rep on the finish screen.

A little drama called Waiting For The Train Out of Reserve

Franks Happy Place fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 31, 2022

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

I tried to wobble in friendship at what turned out to just be a lovely-looking PMC who shot at me so I turned and ran away and resumed looting a few buildings away until I saw the same rear end in a top hat silently flashlighting into the building so I ran away again and now repeat this Nemesis-style slow chase bullshit all the way across Customs for about 15 minutes until he finally just grenaded me through a 2nd story window in crackhouse.

It was harrowing and fun, but ultimately disappointing because by the end it was probably the best pile of loot I've ever grabbed in a scav run.

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 31, 2022

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

jerman999 posted:

When I do that the other scav pauses and domes me in the head

My bad.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

The Clap posted:

What are you looting? Stashes? Or are you hitting up the village and whatnot?

Village & Sawmill usually, sometimes that lovely bunker up in the mountain too.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Mellow_ posted:

Village & Sawmill usually, sometimes that lovely bunker up in the mountain too.

Scav Bunker is one of the most insane places when it comes to pve. Obviously doesn't really apply for scav runs, but I was doing the tough guy quest for jaeger, where you gotta kill 3 scavs on woods without healing.

I ran all around the usual spots looking for scavs and didn't find any so I decided I had to go to scav Bunker.

Ran into 4 ai scavs at the Bunker, somehow I took em all down with the double barrel without getting so hurt I had to pop meds. My adrenaline was through the roof for a good 10 minutes after safely extracting.

Any time I go near that place, there's always 4 or more scavs lurking around.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

santa killer spotted

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Scav Bunker is one of the most insane places when it comes to pve.

I read it as the bunker door on the west side of the mountain (usually just ammo and loose loot) but scav bunker's much more sensible. it even has a high-value spawn in the bunker iirc

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

pnutz posted:

I read it as the bunker door on the west side of the mountain (usually just ammo and loose loot) but scav bunker's much more sensible. it even has a high-value spawn in the bunker iirc

The bunker door in the mountain (near the sniper Scav/Mountain Stash Exfil) also has multiple high-value spawns, I found multiple gold chains, Rolers and a Bitcoin inside.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009
The single player mod SPT-AKI and many of the mods for it have been updated to 12.12.

Inertia is wild.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Love to feel that old tarkov death fear again when I realize that I've brought a double set of quest items into the raid with me

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Why is shirt man like this? What a creeper.

https://youtu.be/Lud1gb7ZGfA

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

God drat this game has been kicking my rear end lately seems every building or place i go has either

A guy with fat guy armor

A sniper just sitting there waiting

Or

Two guys, one in front of me, one behind me

LET ME JUST COLLECT TRASH DAMMIT

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

Hihohe posted:

God drat this game has been kicking my rear end lately seems every building or place i go has either

A guy with fat guy armor

Or

Same has been happening to me. Then I watched Landmark and he was getting destroyed for about an hour in every raid. Gave me a little boost to my pride.

That’s Tarkov for ya

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i've been tossing mosin after mosin into the factory trash compactor trying to get tarkov shooter pt 3 done. last night i decided that instead of just going aggro hoping for a quick headshot, i'd take a different approach. i'm not proud of this, but i camped the extract and got my last two kills in back-to-back raids as soon as i tried.

it felt so dirty but dammit, it got results

book it straight for the extract, close the doors and ADS when you hear someone open them. you're hard as hell to see in this position

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Hihohe posted:

A guy with fat guy armor

Or

We have def entered the end-ish game. At least it lasted longer with the flea changes.

I've been trying to play resort lately but it seems like it is either empty or it's 3+ stacks running full meta.

TJChap2840 posted:

Same has been happening to me. Then I watched Landmark and he was getting destroyed for about an hour in every raid. Gave me a little boost to my pride.

That’s Tarkov for ya

AquaFPS is best to watch and feel better about your own talent.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Hooplah posted:

i've been tossing mosin after mosin into the factory trash compactor trying to get tarkov shooter pt 3 done. last night i decided that instead of just going aggro hoping for a quick headshot, i'd take a different approach. i'm not proud of this, but i camped the extract and got my last two kills in back-to-back raids as soon as i tried.

it felt so dirty but dammit, it got results

book it straight for the extract, close the doors and ADS when you hear someone open them. you're hard as hell to see in this position

seriously try the vpo-215 with ap-m and save a buck while one shotting people easy peasy next time.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

seriously try the vpo-215 with ap-m and save a buck while one shotting people easy peasy next time.

huh, guess i forgot the gornostay is cheaper than the mosin, and that ap-m is comparable to R PS. you are correct

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
*My inventory is full to bursting, every single cell full of either a storage container, Tier 5 armor, fully kitted out gun, or rig full of useful poo poo, literally not one cell to spare*

"Hmm, I should do another scav run."

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

question. when i start a game am i just joining into a game constantly going on?
I see that i can pick what time to go into and its constantly ticking. so is it just a server that is constantly gaining and losing players? or is it just like a single game and were alll on the same clock?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Hihohe posted:

question. when i start a game am i just joining into a game constantly going on?
I see that i can pick what time to go into and its constantly ticking. so is it just a server that is constantly gaining and losing players? or is it just like a single game and were alll on the same clock?

Every PMC begins at the same time. Player scavs come in randomly.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

hello internet posted:

Every PMC begins at the same time. Player scavs come in randomly.

Ok i wasnt sure if more PMCs also drop in

In good news i finally survived woods and did the Jaegers camp mission so i can buy poo poo from Jaeger.

I realize a lot of my inventory is taken up by bullets ive picked up. Some unstacked so like 20 bullets take up 3 slots.
Does the Sort function consolidate stacks of things?

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009
No it doesn’t. IMO sell any and all ammo you aren’t going to use immediately or don’t plan on running guns of that caliber

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I can probably fit three big backpacks in the room i made from selling the bullets.

My base was like scrooge mcducks vault but bullets instead of gold

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Hihohe posted:

I can probably fit three big backpacks in the room i made from selling the bullets.

My base was like scrooge mcducks vault but bullets instead of gold

it's possible you sold some higher value rounds but at your experience level you probably wouldn't notice the difference between shooting 50ru/round and 1000ru/round. there's a pretty big difference but it's completely irrelevant until you're actually trying to kill other players. also if you keep progessing, pretty soon you'll be able to get ammo boxes that hold a buttload of rounds but take up 2x2. something to look forward to

you'll get more in time, the inventory space is worth way more now.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

If the flavour text says something about being able to penetrate armor, or it's a larger calibre round (7.62x51 or 54 rimfire etc), it's usually worth keeping. All of the flesh wound ammo (PS, etc) is usually not worth any space it's taking up if you are jammed for room.

If something doesn't need to specifically be "Found in Raid" (the white checkmark) to be useful AND is something that is very easy to find on the flea market for under ~20k roubles per cell, you can sell that poo poo and just buy it back if you need it some day. The auction fees are far smaller than the opportunity cost of having your inventory full of poo poo.

Also once you hit LL3 with Therapist, you can buy Item Boxes (imo the best storage item in the game) for like 2.2 million roubles worth of euros you can just buy off flea. I have two now and it's made such a massive difference for my inventory, and they cost half what a gun case does, despite being waaaaay better.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
So... what stops me from joining with a group of randoms and then immediately murdering them and stealing their stuff?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Lmao apt custom title

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Hooplah posted:

Lmao apt custom title

I mean I don't wanna because that's not really fun, but I also don't wanna just pack mule my kit in for someone else to immediately slurp up.

Orv
May 4, 2011
If you’re doing it purely through the game then nothing prevents it and people will frequently try to kill newbies by inviting them to groups.

If you’re doing it through an LFG discord or a content creators discord you’ll pretty quickly be banned and blacklisted.

The proportion of people who would do the latter is probably relatively low but it’s also probably higher than other games because of how Tarkov works and the kind of community it has.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Seems kinda spiteful in the first case though. Not like they’re gonna be carrying anything great.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

AlternateAccount posted:

Seems kinda spiteful in the first case though. Not like they’re gonna be carrying anything great.

You're new to this whole online thing I take it?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Nidhg00670000 posted:

You're new to this whole online thing I take it?

Oh sure, I love me some grief-y play, but that doesn’t seem like enough grief to be worth it.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
My buddies, who were notorious griefers in other games, constantly invite randoms when we’re queuing. We’ve only had like three people accept ever. Each time we spawned in and they immediately wandered off on their own without engaging in any way.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Dang... uhh i dont think its ever taken this long.... This is right after an update today.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

That randomly happens when scavving, if it hangs on awaiting session start for more than like 30-60 seconds just close the game and relaunch. You're likely to have like a minute left in raid when you get in though.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
I don't know if this is exploiting or not but I'll just have eft running in the background while I'm doing other tasks, and when I scav timer is up I'll go to factory, and run straight for the exit, then vendor all my gear. Usually it's 20-30 seconds a run and I make 50-150k. I do this all day.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009
Whats your scav rep at? I imagine it’s pretty high if you’ve been doing that a while.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Charles 1998 posted:

I don't know if this is exploiting or not but I'll just have eft running in the background while I'm doing other tasks, and when I scav timer is up I'll go to factory, and run straight for the exit, then vendor all my gear. Usually it's 20-30 seconds a run and I make 50-150k. I do this all day.

Are you running two instances of eft at the same time, or am I misreading you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009
Sounds like he has EFT up while he is working and runs a fast scav run then goes back to work. Definitely not an exploit.