Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Has this person never read a novel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
i can relate to struggling to come up with a way to phrase an observation so just default to 'it's funny' even though there's nothing funny about this neutral observation at all

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Does anyone have ideas for some madcap Tlousday gimmick games?

I have protect the Veeg where each team has a Veeg:

Aim is for the other team to special execute the opposite Veeg.

> one person must be the bodyguard and stay with Veeg at all times
> other two are hunters and must seek out the other veeg
> Veegs must be on the move
> Veeg’s cannot shoot or use mollies/bombs/shivs but can protect themselves with the brawler perk or smoke bombs to get away

I dunno could be poo poo, but what’s experimentation for??

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Do at least one round of “only knives & smoke”

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Do at least one round of “only knives & smoke”

Hugs and party poppers only round

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Aidan_702 posted:

Does anyone have ideas for some madcap Tlousday gimmick games?

I have protect the Veeg where each team has a Veeg:

Aim is for the other team to special execute the opposite Veeg.

> one person must be the bodyguard and stay with Veeg at all times
> other two are hunters and must seek out the other veeg
> Veegs must be on the move
> Veeg’s cannot shoot or use mollies/bombs/shivs but can protect themselves with the brawler perk or smoke bombs to get away

I dunno could be poo poo, but what’s experimentation for??

You know Veeg can just kill everyone on the opposing team with brawler alone right

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

For the smokes and hugs round, you'd need to have everyone run a build with no perks. Otherwise the bomb radius and self smoke immunity perks will make it unfair on those who don't own the DLC perks.

Could have the VGs run an empty perk build as VIPs, too.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
That tourist is fuckin dead.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXtWwvpyJLI

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX9FKARLVDc

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

:woop:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Tf is this Reaganite sfw bullshit?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:fuckoff:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

hosed up part is that neither of those vids include the voices for the women fireflies or hunters

edit; oh wait, separate vids

the dope rear end boston lady hunter ftw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ1hr6gilLs

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXtOYIeAW3k

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the pooper troopers multiply

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Some ideas for the tlousday singularly?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Game of Interrogation at Druckmann's house

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/troybakerva/status/1488151018726510594?s=21

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I propose a special 2 hr edition for 22nd tlousday in honor of all the 2s happening.

Edit: also lol at anyone thinking nfts are remotely a good idea at this point.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

dog nougat posted:

I propose a special 2 hr edition for 22nd tlousday in honor of all the 2s happening.

Edit: also lol at anyone thinking nfts are remotely a good idea at this point.

2 hours and 22 mins, meh that's 142

maybe 222 mins, 3 hours 42 mins

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Aidan_702 posted:

Game of Interrogation at Druckmann's house

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

I like the Save The Veeg idea. Can also do an All Bows Game, no one would run out of ammo for a change.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Like a hostage rescue? That could be fun. The asymmetry could still work since the hostage would still require someone to watch them lest they escape. Just have to have the hostage discharge their weapon beforehand. If they're sneaky they could theoretically craft a shiv and escape.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I am pretty relieved to see Troy show some contrition and listen to his community. Losing Joel to cryptofascism would have been rough.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I hopped in to Factions last night for the first time, and can see what all the fuss was about. I’m horrible at it and constantly get dunked on by all the level 999s, but poo poo is exhilarating when you get a down or execution.

Since I’m just starting out I’m running the default “support” role and sticking close to teammates, but I still get greedy and try to get downs on my own and am punished for it accordingly.

How does the leveling up system work? Just keep playing and maintain your mini-game clan and stuff unlocks naturally?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah pretty much. You unlock stuff by collecting supplies (blue food can icon), and the more parts (mechanical junk icon) you earn during a match the more supplies you get at the end. Supplies also sustain your clan and prevent sickness and death. Optionally you can pick up supplies from the corpses of enemies you've downed or executed. But don't prioritize it over playing the objective, best way to get supplies is to win.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Looking for feedback on this thought:

VIP mode. (VG IS PARAMOUNT)

VG and LadyVG have the same build. Shorty. Hawkeye 3. Strategist. Sharp Ears. The... downed health skill whose name I forget.

Each team splits up. One person is the VG bodyguard. Other two hunt the enemy VG.
Bodyguard has first aid training, reviver.
Hunters can have anything they like, but should remember...

Game is lost when your VG is *Special Executed* or Executed with a melee attack. Gotta confirm that kill to win. Once they confirm, round is ended, onto a new map, new teams, new roles.

How's that sound?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I thought the 22nd was the day we were doing the special long stream with all the fancy rules

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Great TLOUsday, didn't realize how much I missed it! Finally gettin gud with the hunting rifle :clint: I will never not hate Dr. Pooplove's name but his hunting rifle video is full of good advice. Headshotting under pressure and at close range is easier than it looks if you work with the auto-aim and pre-aim before scoping. Also it scores decent bonus parts and is just really satisfying to pull off. Great weapon, I should've taken it more seriously a long time ago.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I was having kind of a bad day but this cheered me right up, ily all

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, those were some really fun games. Putting a little bit of time into factions earlier this week really paid off for me. Digging running around as aggressive support. Giving the gifts, heals, and revives can pull everything back from the jaws of defeat.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Sorry I wasn’t on mic and couldn’t (still silently, in my head on mic) trash talk but those were some nice hectic games.

My favourite comedy moment was Veeg settling down to leisurely leaf through his backpack when he thought it was safe and putting 30 rounds in his head
https://clips.twitch.tv/RudeGrossNewtBabyRage-1msYW5YDf_7YNRw0

Also this was nice

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbstemiousAgitatedKeyboardKappaClaus-Ib4aYbmO-8WTxw2T

Aipsh fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 2, 2022

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

I thought the 22nd was the day we were doing the special long stream with all the fancy rules

Correct, but that's why I'm floating ideas now, to hammer them out into decent ones.

Also Shutterpunch still scares me

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Aidan_702 posted:

Sorry I wasn’t on mic and couldn’t (still silently, in my head on mic) trash talk but those were some nice hectic games.

My favourite comedy moment was Veeg settling down to leisurely leaf through his backpack when he thought it was safe and putting 30 rounds in his head
https://clips.twitch.tv/RudeGrossNewtBabyRage-1msYW5YDf_7YNRw0

Also this was nice

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbstemiousAgitatedKeyboardKappaClaus-Ib4aYbmO-8WTxw2T

You destroyed me. Utterly annihilated.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Seedge posted:

Correct, but that's why I'm floating ideas now, to hammer them out into decent ones.

Also Shutterpunch still scares me

I feel bad for ducking out early especially cuz I had a really good round in the financial plaza but that round in the high school where shutterpunch just absolutely destroyed me and got 17 kills for the round I just kinda noped out of there. Yikes

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

fridge corn posted:

I feel bad for ducking out early especially cuz I had a really good round in the financial plaza but that round in the high school where shutterpunch just absolutely destroyed me and got 17 kills for the round I just kinda noped out of there. Felt utterly useless. Yikes

Quote is not edit

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

You destroyed me. Utterly annihilated.

Veeg going up to the ski chalet with his red cap and 80’s wave pattern fanny pack to get “100 phrases you need to know in Cordycep” out of his backpack and dying

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Also both terrifying:

Shutterpunch waltzing in and decimating us

Auspace nailing those quickscopes - it brought me back to the days of crawling around MW2 and someone doing a jumping 360 headshot on you off a skyscraper roof with the intervention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
https://clips.twitch.tv/RealDullHedgehogSMOrc-Abkj47-TZVHa4AdJ