Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae

Please, this is all I have
I'm not sure what triggered it but my parents became hoarders. Like filling every square inch of any empty room kind of hoarders. I'm staying at their place this week taking care of their dog bc they're going to be out of town and I've discovered in my old bedroom there's a mouse or a rat living in it. I've been here for 3 nights now and I've only slept like 4 hours combined. Tried to sleep in the living room, and there's another rat/mouse in the laundry room chewing on stuff all night.

I'd pay for an exterminator to come out but they've got so much stuff in all these spare bedrooms that there's no way they'd find them all.

oh yeah, and sorry for not posting I realized I only came here when I was drinking and I've almost completely quit over the last few months. I went from drinking 2-4 times a week to once a month now. No real reason for sobriety or anything, wasn't affecting my health, work, or relationships I just decided to see if I could stop on my own. I was feeling excellent and getting all sorts of stuff done around the house, playing games, and watching tv/movies I missed over the last couple years but since I've been at my parents house I'm miserable again bc of the rodents lol

How's everyone else bean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae

alnilam posted:

Yeah streaming services all suck rear end and basically channel you into a looping top 40 of whatever category you're interested in
Spotify was good enough for me until well, you know. I canceled last year for other unrelated reasons and the ads on the free version are so bad I'm never paying for it again out of spite. I downloaded musicbee and I'm gonna find my old hard-drive backup and ipod and just pirate music again. I've got the money to buy it legally and I probably will buy physical copies of new stuff I like but I've been burned too many times by buying digital copies from iTunes (They've taken down over $100 worth of music I paid for before bc of contract disputes with Japanese & Korean record labels)

I opened up Pandora as just a gap between re-building my library and lol it's the exact same music that was on there a decade ago except the Taylor Swift re-releases and BTS. I guess that's what I get when I stop listening to newer stuff

Escape From Noise

That sucks. We have mice in the grain room/restaurant. A manager saw one so they're getting qn exterminator over on Saturday. The assistant manager who's a nice enough guy but a bit...thick was like "Do you know where they're coming from?" while there's a massive hole for old wiring or something that's just...there.

Goons Are Gifts

Escape From Noise posted:

Been thinkin' about this video a lot lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnTU_hJoByA

oh my god this was a lot of Werner Herzog to jump into this morning I'm gonna sit in a corner now

B33rChiller

Tampa Bae posted:

Spotify was good enough for me until well, you know. I canceled last year for other unrelated reasons and the ads on the free version are so bad I'm never paying for it again out of spite. I downloaded musicbee and I'm gonna find my old hard-drive backup and ipod and just pirate music again. I've got the money to buy it legally and I probably will buy physical copies of new stuff I like but I've been burned too many times by buying digital copies from iTunes (They've taken down over $100 worth of music I paid for before bc of contract disputes with Japanese & Korean record labels)

I opened up Pandora as just a gap between re-building my library and lol it's the exact same music that was on there a decade ago except the Taylor Swift re-releases and BTS. I guess that's what I get when I stop listening to newer stuff

I've been fairly happy buying music with the bandcamp app. I haven't figured out a way to queue up multiple albums, but there's no autoplay other stuff, just play the music you've bought, and you get a free listen, one song at a time of anything else on the service. It fits pretty well with my old way of occasionally browsing the racks at a music store, and picking up a pile of CDs at once. And I tend to listen to whole albums, front to back, one after another as my main way of consuming music. Bandcamp is pretty ace for that.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Escape From Noise

Bandcamp is like the one decent online music thing. I just want a danged mobile music player.

cruft

Tampa Bae that blows, I'm really sorry.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Dr. Honked posted:

i 3d printed some molds to make gummies with
dicks and cunts

Yes! That's perfect. I wanna offer edibles to ppl then give them one of those.

cruft

Put the gummi dicks into a bag so you can suggest someone eat a bag of dicks

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
a tureen of turgid todgers

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

alnilam posted:

Yeah streaming services all suck rear end and basically channel you into a looping top 40 of whatever category you're interested in

Spotify is convinced I want to hear Steven Lynch singe a song that implies he's at his grandfathers death bed screaming in his ear to hurry up and die. I do not understand this. I do not care that the song is offered on the service, I do care that I have no way to prevent it from coming up on random anymore. I've settled with just making 4 hour long playlists and setting them to random shuffle and occasionally dipping into the music exploration options and new releases to see if I want to add anything to any of my lists.

Is Pandora any good? I remember liking it then spotify happened and Pandora's music library started shrinking.

Youtube for music seems so wasteful streaming video that wont be seen.

sig by owlhawk911

cruft

pixaal posted:

Spotify is convinced I want to hear Steven Lynch singe a song that implies he's at his grandfathers death bed screaming in his ear to hurry up and die. I do not understand this. I do not care that the song is offered on the service, I do care that I have no way to prevent it from coming up on random anymore. I've settled with just making 4 hour long playlists and setting them to random shuffle and occasionally dipping into the music exploration options and new releases to see if I want to add anything to any of my lists.

Is Pandora any good? I remember liking it then spotify happened and Pandora's music library started shrinking.

Youtube for music seems so wasteful streaming video that wont be seen.

YouTube music, which is not "YouTube except you ignore the video" but rather "YouTube but it doesn't send video", has a thumbs down you can mash to prevent it from ever playing a song again.

I have not experienced the thing where you get stuck in a loop over the same 40 songs. It's actually led me to some songs and artists i really enjoy who don't have much of a following. I'm a fan.

Pandora, when I used it years ago, had this tendency to bleed your stations into each other, so eventually I would be getting pop punk in my bebop. They may have fixed that by now.

cruft

It snowed! A real snow that makes driving hazardous, so they closed the schools and work! I'm work from home so I have to work anyway but it snowed! Maybe we'll go cross country skiing before they plow the road.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
we've got another storm coming later this week, it's been a very snowy snow season so far, i friggen love it

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

cruft posted:

getting pop punk in my bebop.
No, you got your bebop in my punk pop!

B33rChiller

I started paying for yt premium so I could download and listen to episodes of comic book shows with the screen turned off on my phone. No ads was also a big factor. Yt music was just a bonus that came along with it. I don't usually use any of the curation. I just look up artists I want to listen to, download an album or several and play from my downloads. I will occasionally stream a playlist if I'm curious about what's new, or about a genre I've not heard before.

Dr. Honked posted:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Forums poster Goons Are Great: come hang out with meeee, we need to watch this dumb Zizek interview and eat pastry and judge people.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

4020 smoke weed several days a week

biosterous

i should obtain and consume weed imo

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Escape From Noise

I still miss Google play music. I just wanna be able to stream my library of awful garbage for miscreants on my phone!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 2, 2022

B33rChiller

I still miss Google play music. I just wanna stream be able to stream my library of awful garbage for miscreants on my phone!

truth!

Dr. Honked posted:

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
I've done a family Spotify thing with goons for years now. It's not too bad. I wish every company wasn't embroiled in some form of bullshit or another

I just wanna listen to MARINA in peace dammit!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I just wanna listen to MARINA in peace dammit!

I prefer to listen to MARINA in war with the patriarchy :black101:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Rarity posted:

I prefer to listen to MARINA in war with the patriarchy :black101:

gently caress :yeah:

more falafel please

forums poster

how wonderful showed up on my twitter today

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

sephiRoth IRA

-Carl Sagan

more falafel please posted:

how wonderful showed up on my twitter today

I don't know if I get it. Is this satire or...?

cruft

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I don't know if I get it. Is this satire or...?

We'd need more context.

But the point is: How Wonderful!

Tampa Bae

pixaal posted:

It's good at making a playlist of songs you might like but you're right about the small library, each "station" is only going to have 10-20 songs at best from my experience so the best thing to do is load up a ton of artists and put it on shuffle

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
around 2010 when music blogs dominated and you could readily find all kinds of underground stuff, curated by category and interests, that was a really exciting time. I still miss it. felt kinda like little communities all over.

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

oh hey, page 4020. the dawn of turbo weed is upon us?

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

sephiRoth IRA

-Carl Sagan
I do like with Spotify if I find an artist I like that is small (El Tigr3, for example, check em out for cool electronica) many of the related artists are also smaller and within the genre

alnilam

Been thinkin' about this video a lot lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnTU_hJoByA

https://youtu.be/EvWh6PMi9Ek

ty manifisto

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

oh hey, page 4020. the dawn of turbo weed is upon us?

CyberWeed4020: My bong is enhanced

Farecoal

There he go
I just like music I hear in video games and if I really like it I find it on youtube and download it lol

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

cruft posted:

Put the gummi dicks into a bag so you can suggest someone eat a bag of dicks

Some people might need to eat a bag of dicks to chill the gently caress out.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Farecoal posted:

I just like music I hear in video games and if I really like it I find it on youtube and download it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjKHvYs7-6s I'm prob the only person just chilling to ChronoTrigger. For loving real the poo poo was so well scored.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
alnilam

Chrono Trigger is one of the best soundtracks of all time. FF2, 3, and 7 also incredible scores.

I used to play Ultimate Online and you could "hack" the music by replacing the midis in the music directory with your own (renamed) files. I spent most of my time in Moonglow so I replaced moonglow.mid with ff3end1.mid, the fantastic 20-minute medley of the entire ff3 soundtrack that played during the end credits. I think I replaced the battle music and some of the other town musics with chrono trigger music.

ty manifisto

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

alnilam posted:

Chrono Trigger is one of the best soundtracks of all time. FF2, 3, and 7 also incredible scores.

There seems to be a typo here, you said 3 instead of 9.

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i've been playing Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age recently and the soundtrack kicks all kind of dicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal

There he go
I like me some Chrono Trigger soundtrack. I think the game series I have the most music from on my mp3 player (:okboomer:) is Dark Souls / Bloodborne, Zelda, Persona / SMT, and Donkey Kong Country