Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

2pen Zee?

e: Uhh crap, new page? This is all I got on such short notice

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Bad Munki posted:

2pen Zee?

A less embarrassing outcome than this similar incident: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80I6jBrsRcw

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

PainterofCrap posted:

Come to Philadelphia & drive the Schuylkill Expressway.

Garden State Parkway north of Piscataway has you covered. Bonus locals using the breakdown lane to pass at 90MPH

Fond memories of driving home to visit my parents in south Jersey, speeding up a bit to keep up with traffic on the Driscoll bridge, and suddenly realizing I’m doing almost 100.

Also, last time I drove from jersey to Albany and took 287 I remember the signs in jersey called it the tappan zee, then a hundred yards across the state line the signs called it the cuomo bridge.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Bad Munki posted:

2pen Zee?

lol I did this with an aluminum eddy current standard when I was in tech school. Got my ring finger stuck in the 3/4" hole. Luckily they were able to get my finger out with some ultrasonic couplant

one of these:

Last I heard they still tell the story of the dumbass airman who got his finger stuck in the eddy current standard

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Renew! Renew!

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

a sexual elk posted:

Weirdest sensation cause forklifts just don’t do that in my experiences.

You're clearly not trying hard enough. If it doesn't take two or three tow motors standing up you're not anywhere approaching fuckler.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

a sexual elk posted:

Yeah bailer one of the few things I’ve had beat a forklift, was using the lift to wiggle a jammed up bail out. Had my forks a bit to low and didn’t realize I’d caught the bottom lip of the thing as the back of the lift slowly started rising up off the ground. Weirdest sensation cause forklifts just don’t do that in my experiences.

Look at this guy who actually listens when corporate says to never move more than one bunk of lumber/drywall or one pallet at a time.

moparacker
May 8, 2007

I'm guessing the "wrap string around the finger" ring removal trick didn't work?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

They're already up to Zee so the next one would be Tappan Alpha

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

a sexual elk posted:

Yeah bailer one of the few things I’ve had beat a forklift, was using the lift to wiggle a jammed up bail out. Had my forks a bit to low and didn’t realize I’d caught the bottom lip of the thing as the back of the lift slowly started rising up off the ground. Weirdest sensation cause forklifts just don’t do that in my experiences.

It happens all the time in LTL transport. A forklift can lift up to about half its weight, but there are a lot of things out there that weigh more than that. 12 foot pallets of metal bars weigh way more than a forklift can get off the ground, but it can lift one side of it and then drag it out of the trailer. You never try to lift it high, mind you, just enough to reduce friction.

EDIT: By "standard forklift" I mean a sit-down lift that weighs in around 9000 pounds.

JackSplater fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 3, 2022

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Scratch Monkey posted:

Sometimes 95, being 95, or the GWB is so hosed so we take the Palisades parkway up and across the Cuomo bridge and get on 84 up to 495. Seems out of the way but if there's trouble in either of those two spots then it can be a lot easier a drive. Until you get near Boston.
Lol if you consider any of that "driving in New York," lol at calling it the Cuomo Bridge, and I'm still confused about getting to the Cape via Boston, although driving in Boston is really terrible.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/k6x1nvm.mp4

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
giving myself hearing damage to see something cool.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

Nocheez posted:

Have you researched driving classes that might help you? It's not a good idea to pilot 2 tons of steel at freeway speeds if you're a danger to those around you.

I’ve taken driving classes. I just suck at physical objects in 3d space. I have terrible proprioception, too. I’d love to stop hitting my hips on stuff and tripping over things and dropping items. If anyone has heard of PT or something that makes you better at visualizing the movement of objects in spacetime, I’m all ears.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

PhazonLink posted:

The concert experience

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

PhazonLink posted:

This is generally the military in a nutshell.

Tinnitus is like a receipt for stupidity.

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

Domus posted:

I’ve taken driving classes. I just suck at physical objects in 3d space. I have terrible proprioception, too. I’d love to stop hitting my hips on stuff and tripping over things and dropping items. If anyone has heard of PT or something that makes you better at visualizing the movement of objects in spacetime, I’m all ears.

It's kinda sad that you've decided your time and convenience are worth more than the lives of the people forced to share the public right of way with you.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Getting pretty sanctimonious in here.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

PhazonLink posted:

Hearing damage if you're lucky.

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/tha...-on-the-ground/

quote:

‘Eight people were injured, three of them seriously. The most injured had burns to 24-46% of the body (presumably the side that faced the jet wash). The most severely injured was found 15 meters from where she had been standing, and also had:

a punctured lung
a fractured elbow
bleeding in the brain
a ruptured ear drum
eye damage
suspected chemical damage to lungs from breathing exhaust fumes

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Getting pretty sanctimonious in here.

I'm fed up with people being constantly sacrificed for the convenience of lovely drivers.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Domus posted:

1) eye surgery
2) gender transitioning

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
increase your cubescore by riding a bike and wearing glasses

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
Tesla self driving stuff seems like cheating but oh well.
https://twitter.com/TaylorOgan/status/1488555256162172928

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Uncle Enzo posted:

expectant mothers shopping for their babies

i thought the stork brought 'em?

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

mkvltra posted:

Baler? drat near ki- *gets crushed by baler*

teee hee heee

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

quote:

a punctured lung
a fractured elbow
bleeding in the brain
a ruptured ear drum
eye damage
suspected chemical damage to lungs from breathing exhaust fumes

Amazingly, this person apparently reported the blast was "not that bad"

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://i.imgur.com/yNMPkDL.gifv

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

For the record getting hit by an airplane is your fault

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

is this some kind of cursed failed state?

don't they have like machines that can do this?

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

frumpykvetchbot posted:

This is Texas trying to learn from last year.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I know people like sweet things, but that seems like an unhealthy amount of sugar for even a big road.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Fauxshiz posted:

This is Texas trying to learn from last year.

What are you talking about? Texas doesn't learn. We're about to have a repeat tomorrow and the same poo poo is going to happen.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Failed state, or awesome state? In a truck with a machine doing this you'd employ 1 or 2 guys. This method employs at least 5 guys (3 we see plus the driver and camera man). End unemployment, have everyone shovel salt.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I like to imagine they're shoveling snow onto the road

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Let the Tesla drive behind this. Let all the Tesli drive behind this.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Otteration posted:

Let the Tesla drive behind this. Let all the Tesli drive behind this.

Teslai?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A Shitshow of Teslas?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
A scrote of Teslacles

XeeD