Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

mennoknight posted:

I haven't watched the Coyotes in a long rear end time. are they always this awful???

they got mildly better for a bit and then got very bad again, so yes.

they are healing from the equivalent of blowing both their feet off with a shotgun intentionally to avoid the FBI and then going "whoops that plan didn't work guess i'll just flee the country"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1489046926930677764?s=21

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
If a Hall of Fame journalist had been there, you know they would have followed up that tirade with a “Rocky, why are you so pissy?”

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

The Dirty Burger posted:

If a Hall of Fame journalist had been there, you know they would have followed up that tirade with a “Rocky, why are you so pissy?”

"Drai, why are you being so Wirtzy?"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

soggybagel posted:

The funniest part is Danny clearly wanted to answer and could have.

yeah

https://twitter.com/_phil_thompson/status/1489044540409499648

https://twitter.com/NHL_On_TNT/status/1489087827895848964

There comes a moment in every Wirtz's life where you have to hope your father dies to try and make things better.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 3, 2022

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Does he not realise he's not down at the yacht club yukking it up with his fellow psychopath billionaires, imagine the poo poo he says/does when he thinks he's not being recorded

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1489089147314872320

"I was told to say something by PR, I am not wrong however"

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Rangers missing Fox and Kakko and Chytil and not playing Nils and against the Panthers...and somehow they've had only their 2nd 5v5 +50% xG game in 2 months. Wild.

Definitely rooting for a full series of that, though. The Panthers play insanely offensive heavy. Makes the Rangers a good matchup against them (as good as they can be with their 5v5 struggles) and it was extremely entertaining.

When they start actually playing a heavy and pressure game they can be pretty good but good knows why they’re constantly trying to forget that
Forecheck, puck pressure, force turnovers and score goals and put shots on net? Why do that when we can send cross over prayers over and over again and never get shots on net

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
i'm disappointed that more hasn't been made of the fact there is a guy named

DYSIN MAYO

on the Coyotes

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

mennoknight posted:

i'm disappointed that more hasn't been made of the fact there is a guy named

DYSIN MAYO

on the Coyotes

lmfao

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/GrittyNHL/status/1489114651530915843

Gritty is a treasure.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
There's something apropos about the Blackhawks burying their heads in the sand about Kyle Beach while at the same time Gritty is hanging around with Chippendales.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Island Nation posted:

There's something apropos about the Blackhawks burying their heads in the sand about Kyle Beach while at the same time Gritty is hanging around with Chippendales.

Gritty also doesn't want to look into the past because of all the unfathomable incidents that we could only dream of.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Island Nation posted:

Once again history has shown that the 2008-2013 Vancouver Canucks were actually the good guys and everyone who rooted for them to fail was supporting evil.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/japersrink/status/1489227661742387200?s=21

This seems really bad! Someone ought to be fired over this!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
A team with Ovechkin on it--an Ovechkin leading the league in goals no less!--being that bad at the power play boggles the mind, it should be impossible

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Backstrom has missed a ton of games hasn't he? He's a pretty big factor on there.

The Pens PP looked pretty poo poo for most of the season up until recently when Malkin came back.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

It’s not even just bad luck. Everything about the power play is awful. Entries suck, there’s no movement, no deception, very few shots on goal. Their whole plan was to just pray that Backstrom being injured was the reason it sucked but whoops it still sucks with him back and now they have no answers.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Backstrom has missed a ton of games hasn't he? He's a pretty big factor on there.

The Pens PP looked pretty poo poo for most of the season up until recently when Malkin came back.

Kuznetsov is arguably a better player than Backstrom at this point and he hasn’t missed much time. Same with Ovie and Carlson, they’ve each only missed a couple of games. There’s plenty of talent to make them like a top 15 PP at worst, even without Backstrom.

Heads gotta roll.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Ginette Reno posted:

Yeah, but Ovie has an insurance policy taken out for when Backstrom misses games so it isn’t that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ask the league for a rule change allowing a team to decline a power play.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Ask the league for a rule change allowing a team to decline a power play.

As a Nashville predators fan I have been asking for this for years.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Mind_Taker posted:

Kuznetsov is arguably a better player than Backstrom at this point and he hasn’t missed much time. Same with Ovie and Carlson, they’ve each only missed a couple of games. There’s plenty of talent to make them like a top 15 PP at worst, even without Backstrom.

Heads gotta roll.

Kuzy isn't as good on the half-wall. They did seem to be trying to incorporate more movement in the Pens game, but it looked goofy and didn't work.

Blaine Forsythe probably just has blackmail on Leonsis or something. Dude also coaches the centers and they have the worst FO% in the league.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ginette Reno posted:

Pens powerplay immediately improved when Sid returned and Jake/Rust were available/healthy to keep Kasperi Kapanen off the first unit. Sid working the whole right hand side as QB with E Rod on the far circle and then Guentzel either in front or low circle/goal line and Rust in the bumper spot/crashing down has very good variety and a number of very good trigger plays. Geno's return has bumped E Rod and adds a 2nd lefty to the powerplay shifting people around a bit, but allowing for some different looks and more 1 timer opportunities along with lefty to left pass for Sid to do that crazy little deflection at the goal line.

Rex surely you're not just dogigng on Kappanen because you don't like him. He stinks OPs. Evan Rodrigues is outperforming Kapanen in every metric on the powerplay by an extremely wide margin. Hell Dominik Simon has nearly the same per 60 points on the powerplay as Kapanen. Please trade him while he still has lots of value and the Pens can get something decent back.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The Devils are probably the most unwatchable they've been in my lifetime. Hischier looks like he wants to retire. Surely the other shoe is going to drop on Ruff soon.

Hughes-Bratt is pretty entertaining though.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

The Devils are probably the most unwatchable they've been in my lifetime.

They've been watchable before?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I've never watched them so I can't say

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
watch these rings bitches

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

I did they were boring

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

T-Bone posted:

It’s been almost two decades

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
There's a shelf life on cup winning teams? I've been relying on that while watching my mediocre team do mediocre things for the last 35 years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Any one before 2005 doesn't count

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Misanthrope posted:

There's a shelf life on cup winning teams? I've been relying on that while watching my mediocre team do mediocre things for the last 35 years.

No of course not. It just gets increasingly more embarrassing and sad to hold onto cups your team won when members of the current squad weren’t even born. I say this as a fan of a team that’s 28 years past it’s cup that it still can’t stop talking about.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Yeah but Vancouver doesn't have one.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I had a good chuckle yesterday when a friend dropped RINGS for the Islanders from 38 years ago against the Kraken who haven't even finished their first (bad) season yet

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
The Winnipeg Jets are dogshit garbage.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Misanthrope posted:

You can treat this as a cup win for at least a few years

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Misanthrope posted:

How quick we are to forget the glory of Cyclone Taylor, Frank Nighbor and Barney Stanley leading the Vancouver Millionaires to their magical Stanley Cup a mere 107 years ago. Several dozen people alive today were already born when it occurred!

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Misanthrope posted:

canucks won in 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Koth posted:

The Winnipeg Jets are dogshit garbage.