Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Hazo posted:

Yeah I think besides the voice, this (the mouth placement) threw me a bit too. But like you said, since it's a real physical person and not CGI, there's no way to accommodate a lowered mouth like that while still letting him talk. I guess they could do full head prosthetics like the ANH Duros you posted but we wouldn't get nearly as good of a mouth performance.

Honestly, I think they could have lowered his mouth without too much trouble. I did a quick and dirty test to see how it would look, and it actually does quite a bit to sell his alien-ness.

https://i.imgur.com/ppwnahA.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Dude looks like an Oddworld character. I like it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

The only CGI on him is his eyes glowing, honestly. The rest seems all practical.

Working on perfecting the glowing eyes tech before they get to live action Thrawn :pseudo:

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can
I need the next episode to open with Grogu grabbing the Beskar Chainmail Onesie and telling Luke you're not my real dad!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

My controversial opinion: Din Djarin doesn't need a silent D. Jango didn't have one, even though there are those Django movies, it is just pure anarchy spelling it Din Djarin.

Boba Dfett

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Heavy Metal posted:

My controversial opinion: Din Djarin doesn't need a silent D. Jango didn't have one, even though there are those Django movies, it is just pure anarchy spelling it Din Djarin.

Boba Dfett

Your name is Heavy Metal and you want to take the double D's out of sci-fi?!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Heavy Metal posted:

Boba Dfett

Boba Dafoe

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Robot Style posted:

Honestly, I think they could have lowered his mouth without too much trouble. I did a quick and dirty test to see how it would look, and it actually does quite a bit to sell his alien-ness.

This is dope, the one we got is great but even that little touch of moving the mouth slightly has him look more accurate to his clone wars version.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 3, 2022

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

as a big Olyphant head I appreciated the detail that Cobb was distracted by chekov's dumbass deputy and Bane pulled in that exact moment. Keeps Bane appropriately scary but lets people like me be like "Cobb totally could have outdrawn him though if he wasn't such a good guy concerned about his friend"

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Timmy O played that scene beautifully too- he really sold the fear & tension, as the kind of guy that knows killers and knows killers who could conceivably kill him and recognizing Bane fits that. He was clearly non-plussed by the Pyke mooks, but Bane had him extremely worried.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Moreau posted:

Luke looked into Bens mind and saw that he was the kind of person to put tomato sauce on a 50 steak. The kind of animal that says Princess Bride is "kind of okay". The kind of monster that has wire hangers in their closet. Who can blame Luke for losing his marbles? We should all be applauding the fact that Luke was able to control himself in the face of such outrageous misdeeds

I mean, it makes as much sense as anything.

Ben Solo's favorite Spider-Man is Andrew Garfield. His root beer of choice is Mug. When he chooses the restaurant its always Bennigans. His favorite Weezer album is The Red Album. His favorite Adult Swim show is Family Guy. Joe Rogan is his go to podcast. He only slows down, not stop, when making a turn on a stop sign. When playing a board game, he doesn't play to win, but just to stop others from winning. And he will fart when he's on a crowded elevator.

Vintersorg posted:

ScreenCrush is EXTREMELY thorough. Well worth watching and he usually gets a video out same day by the evening. Love going through it and learning. Dude loves this poo poo.

He always throws in a "your mom" joke but it's random and it'll sound like a real piece of trivia before. :lol:

Yea, his Easter Egg videos are really, really good. He does speculate but the videos are really in depth and he does not assume everyone watching knows what everything is. The "This is your mom" running joke is so seamless it just fits into the flow. And yea, the speculation videos are not worth the time. At least unlike some other channels that heavily speculate, he doesn't get mad at the show for not validating the speculation. I've seen that way to many times so its nice to have someone who just lets it slide. Basically any show he does Easter Egg videos for, like if you're watching Peacemaker, those videos are really good because drat that show is full of very tiny stuff about weird old golden and silver age comics. Plus there's a dog. Also he used to work at Troma so that's pretty cool.

If you want someone who just focuses on Star Wars with much less speculation, i'd recommend Star Wars Explained for their review/easter egg videos. They're super fans of star wars BUT not afraid to straight up say it when they don't like something or something doesn't meet their expectations.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Cobb owns, and Timothy Olyphant is probably in my top five favorite actors ever. But I'm sick of Tatooine and don't ever really need to see it again unless Disney gives us his Justified In Space spinoff series

Has Walton Goggins or Ian McShane been in a Star War yet? They'd be absolutely natural fits as space gangsters or spice cartel kingpins

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ninjahedgehog posted:

Cobb owns, I'm sick of Tatooine and don't ever really need to see it again unless Disney gives us his Justified In Space spinoff series

Has Walton Goggins or Ian McShane been in a Star War yet? They'd be absolutely natural fits as space gangsters or spice cartel kingpins

I don't think your allowed to say cocksucker in Star Wars.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Vintersorg posted:

It is.

Though I read in some scenes its your mom. ;)

Link?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Heavy Metal posted:

Artists do get in the special thanks section of credits at least. Erik Larsen in Venom 2's credits for example, and he's not a co-creator, he's the second main artist to draw Venom, added the tongue etc. I like the idea of everybody key getting some credit. I know you can't include everyone in a decades long evolving thing, but the first few people involved in an on-screen character seems reasonable.

Venom is Sony though.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Robot Style posted:

This rules and I like it much better.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

ninjahedgehog posted:

Cobb owns, and Timothy Olyphant is probably in my top five favorite actors ever. But I'm sick of Tatooine and don't ever really need to see it again unless Disney gives us his Justified In Space spinoff series

If we do get some sort of Cobb series or extended arc of some kind I figure at least McShane would show up. They tried to work him into Justified for years but apparently could never make the schedules line up.

gently caress I want show. I don't even know what it would be about since Cobb leaving Mos Pelgo for any length of time, much less Tatooine, seems unlikely but who cares. give me Justified: Mos Pelgo even. he seems to indicate its a decent sized territory based on the scene with the Pykes and the comment for Space Dan to bring the people into town, implying there's more settlements outside of just the main drag. But we also know it wasn't on the maps from when Mando first goes there. Just have the Mos Pelgo Territory basically be Space Harlan County.

Cobb dug spice there as a kid before he went off to join the Imperial Academy as a young man, where he trained to be a dead shot. He'll kill four of you before you even clear your weapons and he'll take his chances with the other two. And you see this Imperial Crest? That's gonna make it legal.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

twistedmentat posted:

skugsucker

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

I wish this show was the Book of Jabba the Hutt and it showed that fat old lead actor getting progressively fatter and jabbaier as he becomes a crime lord/lawrence of tuskenrabia

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

twistedmentat posted:

Nerfherder

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Robot Style posted:

Disney hired the guy who deepfaked a better Luke, and I wish they'd do the same with you. This looks better by miles.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Dave Syndrome posted:

Disney hired the guy who deepfaked a better Luke, and I wish they'd do the same with you. This looks better by miles.

yea you should honestly post this to twitter and get it trending

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Klungar posted:

Nerfherder

I can totally hear Ian McShane saying that with such venom.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Jerkface posted:

yea you should honestly post this to twitter and get it trending

:agreed: Every time I look at it next to the original I'm floored at how much better it looks. Like Sonic movie-levels better.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't understand why the show turned into the Mandalorian Season 3, but I am happy with the sudden change in direction. The Grogu/Luke training stuff was really good.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Someone with more time on their hands already did bigger chunk of the scene, with additional grading to make it match closer to the cartoon version of the character.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Jerkface posted:

Timmy O played that scene beautifully too- he really sold the fear & tension, as the kind of guy that knows killers and knows killers who could conceivably kill him and recognizing Bane fits that. He was clearly non-plussed by the Pyke mooks, but Bane had him extremely worried.

He probably knew exactly who that gunslinger was too. Cad Bane is one of the most infamous killers/mercenaries in the galaxy. (Plus who else wears a hat like that?)

or at least he was thirty years ago.

I wonder if the unfinished Clone Wars scene where Boba Fett shoots him (and gets the iconic dent in his helmet in return) still happened (and Bane simply survived) or if it has now truly been left on the cutting room floor.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

When Bane showed up in Bad Batch, he had a metal plate on his head so it probably still happened. If it gets mentioned at all, it'll probably be in an oblique way, like Boba just mentioning how hard he is to kill or something.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

He probably knew exactly who that gunslinger was too. Cad Bane is one of the most infamous killers/mercenaries in the galaxy. (Plus who else wears a hat like that?)

or at least he was thirty years ago.

I wonder if the unfinished Clone Wars scene where Boba Fett shoots him (and gets the iconic dent in his helmet in return) still happened (and Bane simply survived) or if it has now truly been left on the cutting room floor.

Bane was still alive and well enough to fight Fennec Shand come Bad Batch time frame, so he'd already been shown to survive the Clone Wars timeline.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Robot Style posted:

Someone with more time on their hands already did bigger chunk of the scene, with additional grading to make it match closer to the cartoon version of the character.

Yeah okay this is what I want, make it happen Filoni and Friends

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Lobok posted:

Your name is Heavy Metal and you want to take the double D's out of sci-fi?!

:dukedoge:

Aphrodite posted:

Venom is Sony though.

True true. Hopefully could be a trend people follow though. Would be nice to see. I want longer credits!

ninjahedgehog posted:

That'd be glorious. Watching this does have me in a Western mood.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Mandrel posted:

Cobb dug spice there as a kid before he went off to join the Imperial Academy as a young man, where he trained to be a dead shot. He'll kill four of you before you even clear your weapons and he'll take his chances with the other two. And you see this Imperial Crest? That's gonna make it legal.

"Do you know where I'm from, karkhole? Tatooine."

drops Trandoshan bank robber with a left cross

"Out there we know the difference between thermal detonators and camtonos."

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Hazo posted:

Yeah okay this is what I want, make it happen Filoni and Friends

give me the book of boba fett special edition, i want the dark blue low mouth cad bane

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Only vibes, but read this and try telling me this dude hasn't been inappropriate around children.

You went from "There's not a single more obvious sex pest" to "Only vibes" real loving quick.

Like, I agree that Chuck Wendig is an rear end in a top hat, and abrasive, and thinks he's an amazing writer when he's kind of poo poo, but even this smoking gun screenshot you posted, while a perfect example of someone who gets high on his own farts, doesn't say to me anything that it appears to say to you. So maybe cool it on the "sex pest" allegations if there have been no actual allegations, just offhand "vibes" from you?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Robot Style posted:

Man, leave it to the internet to make me annoyed by the the portrayal of a fictional character I didn't even know existed 24 hours ago.

I mean that in a joking way, but yeah. I had no problem with the character when I saw him on screen first, but this is clearly cooler.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

ninjahedgehog posted:

Walton Goggins would make a great live-action Hondo Ohnaka

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Once I realized that the space bartender was Dan, something I somehow missed in Mando, I am now going to be incredibly disappointed by anything but a full-on cast reunion.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
“I’m not owned! I’m not owned!”
-Cobb

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Credit to Ahsoka for getting the hell out of there when the getting was good.

“You’re a lot like your father.”
“So you’ll stay?”
“No, I said, YOU’RE A LOT LIKE YOUR FATHER. I’m getting the gently caress out of here.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Klungar posted:

Bane was still alive and well enough to fight Fennec Shand come Bad Batch time frame, so he'd already been shown to survive the Clone Wars timeline.

Ah, I really gotta get around to watching Bad Batch.