Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Mox vs Wheeler 6 5.04%
Kings of the Black Throne vs Death Duo 17 14.29%
Ruby vs Nyla 0 0%
Punk vs MJF 81 68.07%
WARDLOW?!?! 15 12.61%
Total: 119 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Will Kip's in-ring return be prompted by a Penelope segment, a Miro segment, or just not enough weirdness for too long?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Rarity posted:

Punk sent MJF into the crowd right next to him and I have a feeling that was very intentional

Mr. Squishy posted:

Will Kip's in-ring return be prompted by a Penelope segment, a Miro segment, or just not enough weirdness for too long?

i'm hoping he's going to return unconnected to anything he was doing before, for at least the beginning of it all

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

flatluigi posted:

i'm hoping he's going to return unconnected to anything he was doing before, for at least the beginning of it all

:same:

Kip’s whole weird “underrated/over it” box-head thing would be real dumb if it led to him doing a lovely run-in on Miro (who has moved on to bigger feuds than Kip) or if he just reverts to Penelope’s himbo valet (much as I liked him in that role). Assaulting Sammy Guevara, Darby, or Jungleboy makes more sense, especially since Kip is a “forgotten pillar.”

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Jade will need a match at the PPV as well and it should probably be someone who could credibly beat her Goldberg streak

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I can definitely see Kip challenging for the TNT title sometime soon.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Trio of new shirts!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Find Hire someone who looks at you like Jose the Tablet Guy looks at Andrade.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Bald and sweaty PAC.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I’m fine with MJF winning by cheating, but I wish he had new ways of doing it. Or that they do a comedy spot where he yells at Wardlow because someone stole the ring. The only truly unpredictable scenario

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Davros1 posted:

Still occasionally thinking back to the "Mr. Stink" / "OK how you know?" interview and lolling.

Who knew Andrade could be hilarious?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Cavauro posted:

what does this mean? my occupation is largely overseeing corn fields
That explains why Cavauro dresses like that… He’s a scarecrow!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1489309730157826052?s=20&t=K-JCZklal0Bc7fB1AQ27pg

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Davros1 posted:

Jose fist bumping Isiah got a good laugh out of me.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mr. Squishy posted:

I can definitely see Kip challenging for the TNT title sometime soon.

honestly, him redebuting and winning the title from sammy would kick rear end

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Shinjobi posted:

Conversely, I will take 50 more segments like last night before I ever want to see a heel champion come out and talk poo poo about her division without a challenge from the back.

To that end… who is Britts next challenger?

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

This week CM Punk reference...is MJF referencing Punk.

https://streamable.com/xpz15q

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
If Mox doesn't join forces with Danielson after the PPV, do you think it will be Keith Lee?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Evil Badman posted:

This week CM Punk reference...is MJF referencing Punk.

https://streamable.com/xpz15q

this and him wearing Yankees themed gear like Punk did against Cena is incredible attention to detail

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

TV Zombie posted:

From the promo, I think she's wrestling Baker Mayfield. He's pretty beat up so she'll win

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

TV Zombie posted:

I think Rosa takes the belt from her, but not until Double or Nothing so...hrm...

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TV Zombie posted:

They've got to be getting to the Thunder! Rosa! factory soon, if the plan is for her to take the title at the next PPV. And I really hope it is. Britt's been a fine champion and done a lot to elevate the title (and I love Riho and Shida) but it's time for something else.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I hope that Kip wrestles in the suit.

(and the box)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1489301796883349504
Yikes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

is this the kind of hard hitting content we can expect from your podcast, getting worked by fightful interviews

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I mean, she's definitely right about most of that

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Maybe Deeb will be up next for Baker. Unless I'm forgetting some obvious reason why not, she's the most credible threat in the roster imo.
e: this post was made before the latest Deeb news, which I have yet to digest.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

yea ok posted:

This just seems like a swerve for the sake of a swerve to me. Where's the logic? It'd be a SoyPog moment because heel turns are fun always, but I think I'd be pretty pissed off in the bad kind of way if Punk just randomly went bad guy.

I think Punk as a character is most interesting if he leans into the “egocentric dick” stuff, and I think there’s a good opportunity for his first sign of adversity becoming a mask-off moment.

I do think it’s a bit of a strain to square the exact scenario I lined out - even if he’s no longer pretending to be a nice guy, why does that suddenly mean he doesn’t care about the guy who embarrassed him and gave him his first loss? - but I also think you could make a Punk heel turn feel super organic by heel turn standards, especially because there’s an easy answer to the “why now?” question (he just lost for the first time in a high profile match in his hometown). There’s been enough track laid in the Kingston feud and in the things his opponents have said about him, and it’s pretty easy to turn him soaking in the adulation of the fans and seeking out young talent to work with as heel character traits.

I don’t at all think this is going to happen, because it’s pretty out of character with how AEW books. But I think it would be fun and make sense!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
clickbait headline

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

it's these broads, tone. they wanna wrestle in the ring but that's not enough for 'em. give em two minutes, give em five, give 'em fifteen. give 'em a fuckin hour in the tokyo dome and they'll still find somethin' to complain about.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think Rosa beats Mercedes and immediately goes after Baker, with the win on rampage placing her as the #1 contender.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

thunder rosa vs sonny kiss in a "kiss from a rose" match

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Destroy My Sweater posted:

thunder rosa vs sonny kiss in a "kiss from a rose" match

Or a "Thunderkiss '65" match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Maybe Deeb will be up next for Baker. Unless I'm forgetting some obvious reason why not, she's the most credible threat in the roster imo.
e: this post was made before the latest Deeb news, which I have yet to digest.

I thought they might do that and just let the crowd cheer Britt before she did the cheap heat promo last week, but maybe they still do. I dunno!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

do you think it's the same box every time or does he make a new box every week

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If it’s not Rosa then they better debut someone next week and have her Danielson her way to the top of the rankings, because the rest of the field is not great based on alignment/records/avoiding repeats

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

xbilkis posted:

If it’s not Rosa then they better debut someone next week and have her Danielson her way to the top of the rankings, because the rest of the field is not great based on alignment/records/avoiding repeats

The biggest issue is a lot of the "credible" contenders are also heel: Leyla, Hayter, and in a pinch, Nyla. Tay's there, but they just did that at Full Gear.

EDIT: I just remembered they had Britt tied up with Statlander via OC/Cole fued for a couple weeks if they want to continue that.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Did I see that right last night when MJF got chopped in the chest by a fan?? That had to be a planted worker right? Surely nobody would open the liability floodgates by allowing untrained fans to get physical with a wrestler would they? All the times I've seen fans in the ring or getting involved they got shoot-stomped asap by the wrestlers until security got there

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It was a reckless fan and MJF has already filed suit against Punk and AEW for endangering him. Sucks, but it’s just one of those young company growing pain things

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

Based on the latest rankings (from last week), the top 5 Challengers in the Women’s Division are:

1. Red Velvet (face, dethroned by Leyla, prob)
2. Leyla Hirsch (heel, maybe the new #1 but not sure)
3. Serena Deeb (heel, should be #1)
4. Thunder Rosa (face, about to fight Mercedes)
5. Anna Jay (face, just lost a challenge for the TBS Title against Jade so probably not in the Top 5 anymore)

There’s a month+ to build a new challenger for both Jade and Britt, but my guess for Britt is they pull the trigger on Jamie Hayter since that’s been an on-going thread (though it’s a similar arc as :wardlow: so I don’t know if they both turn so soon). It’s possible they bring in Athena to challenge, but I’d prefer they work with what they’ve got first (Thunder Rosa makes the most sense and it’s almost been a year since the Lights Out match; Stat should also get another chance but she’ll probably be feuding with Leyla for a bit).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
good catch by goonever who spotted Punk's star wars inner thigh tattoos. go back to the longboys champ.