Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Myanmar

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/myanmar-facebook-hate/

Facebook is currently being sued for $150 billion by Rohingya Muslim refugees displaced on account of the genocide

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-59558090

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

2021 was the year I finally deleted my Facebook account, and it was long overdue.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A few politicians making GBS threads their pants its probably the least bad thing facebook has helped. I mean it was for all the wrong reasons but still. gently caress em.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Background: Brian gets pulled from AEW after old comments surface and Sabu is an old school tough guy wrestler

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Its Rinaldo posted:

Oh poo poo under 5 year old 5G vax are coming and the DLand signal got lit fuckin may gonna be liiiiiit

Gonna be crazy seeing a toddler lose their mind seeing Disney characters in person

We took our son to Disneyworld last week. It was amazing and so much fun. He loved the parks, rides and seeing characters.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hot Diggity! posted:

Myanmar

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/myanmar-facebook-hate/

Facebook is currently being sued for $150 billion by Rohingya Muslim refugees displaced on account of the genocide

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-59558090

Yeah I know I was making a joke because Facebook has spread terror across the globe.

Things are bad.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

e: damnit he deleted the tweet

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
My team that lost 3 senior-level people (only one with the senior in his job title though) last month just hired their replacements after an extensive job search of 2 weeks. Nobody outside of my manager and a tech lead who hires people who quit in 6 months did interviews.

1 has "IT experience" and is the Senior they hired.
1 "worked on a helpdesk"
1 "has done a little coding in his free time"

None of them are in the States where my team lives and won't be working the hours of the day my team needs for coverage. Also I work in code build and deployment.

This is going to go great.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 4, 2022

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If Facebook wasn’t an amazing marketplace for boats and cars I’d have been off years ago

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Blowjob Overtime posted:

2021 was the year I finally deleted my Facebook account, and it was long overdue.

I left facebook right before the latest Israel/Palestine kerfuffle and I logged back in to grab an old picture really quick and I saw someone trying to convince my friend that NFTs are sound investments and realized I never had any desire to ever go back to that hellhole.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

My last vestige of social media presence is my Instagram account, and even that I’m on the verge of deleting. I deleted the app off my phone, but not my account. Kind of taking a break and seeing if I want to go back.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Amy Pole Her posted:

If Facebook wasn’t an amazing marketplace for boats and cars I’d have been off years ago

Multiple boat owner you’re going against the seawall someday!!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Amy Pole Her posted:

Jesus you are bourgie

How many boats does 1 goon need?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Its Rinaldo posted:

Multiple boat owner you’re going against the seawall someday!!!

To sell em.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Jesus you are bourgie

How many boats does 1 goon need?

My second business is a small powersports + boat company. I flip em. Facebooks great free advertising for ones I sell.

It’s a great marketplace for honestly anything even if you’ve gotta sell old furniture etc

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Feb 4, 2022

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Broke: flipping boats to make money.

Woke: flipping boats to watch the bougie owners drown.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I bought Crusader Kings 3 and oh man I don’t know what I’m doing. I have played a CK game before, this poo poo is complicated.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Android Apocalypse posted:

Indirect praxis?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm dating my fiancée because we were friends on FB and she decided to delete her account and made a public post saying if anyone wanted to keep in touch to DM her, and I did, she gave me her number, and here we are.

So FB may have contributed to genocide but it also helped me find a partner so it;s impossible to say if its bad or not,

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

seiferguy posted:

I'm dating my fiancée because we were friends on FB and she decided to delete her account and made a public post saying if anyone wanted to keep in touch to DM her, and I did, she gave me her number, and here we are.

So FB may have contributed to genocide but it also helped me find a partner so it;s impossible to say if its bad or not,

:hmmyes:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Oh poo poo under 5 year old 5G vax are coming and the DLand signal got lit fuckin may gonna be liiiiiit

Gonna be crazy seeing a toddler lose their mind seeing Disney characters in person

Holla at ya girl before you book. Mama needs a new rug.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Mark me down for one accidental click into the Olympics sub, a bi-annual tradition.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Game night tonight at 7:30 CST!

https://discord.gg/t4tCE5qt

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Background: Brian gets pulled from AEW after old comments surface and Sabu is an old school tough guy wrestler

Sabu owns.

Don't tell me anything else about him besides this singular exchange and his in-ring persona.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I deleted Facebook entirely in 2016 and never looked back. I have Instagram and mostly just use it to look at cooking/motorcycle/golfing/funny cat video accounts.

I’ve been super tired this week because we had to go back to our bi-weekly in-office rotation again this week, and I have to wake up an hour and a half early when we go in. That and sitting in an empty quiet office all day makes me super drowsy, and I haven’t had any motivation all week and just turned into a couch slug. So I went to bed at 8 last night and had a ton of coffee today and came home and did all the dishes, laundry, cleaned the kitchen, good kettle bell workout and now I’m watching curling with a cat on top of me :cheers:

Quoting because this got a cackle out of me

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Sir?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Its Rinaldo posted:

In theory we are taking our oldest for her 5th birthday at the end of march, planned months ago on the hope and a prayer of vax+surge lull and it's possible everything might come up millhouse.

:pray:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I'm headed to WDW in a little over a week. I managed not to catch covid with 2 infected people in my house so I'm just invincible I guess.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Braksgirl posted:

I'm headed to WDW in a little over a week. I managed not to catch covid with 2 infected people in my house so I'm just invincible I guess.

you need a new av

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Whenever someone says something like this I picture… the Midwest.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Wanna pet that dog :3:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Qwijib0 posted:

you need a new av

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

Whenever someone says something like this I picture… the Midwest.

Isn’t Florida basically the Midwest of the South

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
My neighbors are all from one of New York Connecticut and New Jersey. I haven’t met a midwesterner here in… I couldn’t even tell you.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

needs more rug

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

T-Square posted:

Now that I've lived in Iowa again for almost a year, I ... I really can't argue with that description.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Timby posted:

Now that I've lived in Iowa again for almost a year, I ... I really can't argue with that description.

Where in Florida did you live that it reminds you of Iowa? That’s a comparison I’ve yet to read or hear

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

needs more rug

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Also needs a Dole Whip

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

Also needs a Dole Whip

I don't have the skills to add a Snuggly Duckling Pub shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

T-Square posted:

There's a decent sized Michigan-to-Florida pipeline in my mom's family so this checks out. At least, I've always wondered if Michigan isn't just the Florida of the North.