Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So despite being very exposed to Covid last weekend, looks like I managed to dodge it. Get your booster folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Where in Florida did you live that it reminds you of Iowa? That’s a comparison I’ve yet to read or hear

I'm thinking more of Florida and Iowa having eerily similar COVID death cults. Only difference is that Iowa's dumbass governor is far less charismatic than Florida's dipshit governor.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

rogerebert.com gives Jackass 4 a perfect 4 stars rating and a loving review.

Stoked.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/jackass-forever-movie-review-2022

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I really want to do a full day of stupid doing a double feature of Jackass and Moonfall.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

T-Square posted:

Isn’t Florida basically the Midwest of the South

absolutely not.

florida is an absolute cesspit, filled with conmen, CIA cash, creative racists (we have so many slurs), fascists, generally deranged lunatics, and worst of all: new yorkers. it is many things but it's not boring, which is the overriding feature of the midwest.

the closest place in the US to FL is probably AZ, specifically Phoenix because it's also a weird cesspit of crazies and retirees who think bc they've found a stupid mcmansion they get to act like petty tyrants at all times.

but even then its hard to compare since the genesis of florida's cultural insanity is a result of it becoming the replacement vacation colony (and CIA money pit) for americans after we lost access to Cuba.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 4, 2022

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Its Rinaldo posted:

I don't have the skills to add a Snuggly Duckling Pub shirt

I created that shirt and I’m real proud of it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

So I did an hour long workout of squats and deadlifts and lunges and because I only have like 60kg total of weights here it means I just do sets of like 25 and 30 reps and then thought - I'll really gas these legs out and did a run twice as far as I normally do to hit these loving lame hills. Then I got home and because it's rained all week my grass has gone mental so I decided to mow that too. 3 hours of running hills, doing squats and then pushing poo poo up and back, I think I'm gonna be quite sore tomorrow.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

I created that shirt and I’m real proud of it.

I know! I saw you did that and that thought it was great! Tangled is underrated.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Relentlessboredomm posted:

absolutely not.

florida is an absolute cesspit, filled with conmen, CIA cash, creative racists (we have so many slurs), fascists, generally deranged lunatics, and worst of all: new yorkers. it is many things but it's not boring, which is the overriding feature of the midwest.

the closest place in the US to FL is probably AZ, specifically Phoenix because it's also a weird cesspit of crazies and retirees who think bc they've found a stupid mcmansion they get to act like petty tyrants at all times.

but even then its hard to compare since the genesis of florida's cultural insanity is a result of it becoming the replacement vacation colony (and CIA money pit) for americans after we lost access to Cuba.

Miami's it's own creature.

West Palm, Stuart and Jupiter are basically the Bahamas to folks who all live in the northeast, whether it's new york, toronto or new jersey. Its why we kept having baseball managers end up black out drunk driving around in fast food parking lots. They're on permanent vacation down here.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Its Rinaldo posted:

I know! I saw you did that and that thought it was great! Tangled is underrated.

I suspect not only was it fighting against the Pixar machine, which wouldn't really screw up until cars 2 a year after tangled, the previous WD CG titles leading up to it were:

-chicken little
-meet the robinsons
-bolt

not exactly a murderer's row of confidence-inspiring hits.

The follow-up films were wreck-it-ralph and frozen though, so they definitely figured something out.

Also some other kid at school has spilled the beans as it were that "there is a place called disneyland where everything is real" so its existence is no longer a surprise.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

rogerebert.com gives Jackass 4 a perfect 4 stars rating and a loving review.

Stoked.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/jackass-forever-movie-review-2022

I really don’t want to be in a crowded theater, but man it’s just the best way to experience these movies, stupid pandemic

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Its Rinaldo posted:

I love Tangled so I agree. I'm not a big Disney movie person in general but I will watch that movie anytime.

Today was dumb and too busy and even dumber. Someday when I'm queen of the world our CPS intake will screen things correctly when cops take kids in to protective custody. Also we'd stop dealing with cops since they make things worse.

Also team figure skating is on and it is very relaxing. The Americans are going to get wiped in the women's but are pretty strong for men.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 4, 2022

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

So I did an hour long workout of squats and deadlifts and lunges and because I only have like 60kg total of weights here it means I just do sets of like 25 and 30 reps and then thought - I'll really gas these legs out and did a run twice as far as I normally do to hit these loving lame hills. Then I got home and because it's rained all week my grass has gone mental so I decided to mow that too. 3 hours of running hills, doing squats and then pushing poo poo up and back, I think I'm gonna be quite sore tomorrow.

I did like a 15 minute walk otherwise I was at my desk working from home.

Sounds like we’re both getting sick gainz.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I did like a 15 minute walk otherwise I was at my desk working from home.

Sounds like we’re both getting sick gainz.

Im obsessed atm. Only thing I can control while I'm job hunting is my fitness so gonna keep at it as hard as I can stand.

Also Reacher is loving cool. Big rec

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Absolutely sound on for this. Not at work tho

https://twitter.com/michaelrapaport/status/1489340995976286208?s=21

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Its Rinaldo posted:

I forgot that you follow me on insta so when you brought up the pub shirt I had a moment of "How did he know about that???"

I designed the Dole Whip one from scratch too. I have a whole plan for a set of 4 for those in a retro style.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

The best analogy I've heard is that Florida is like neapolitan ice cream. The north is red, unreconstructed racist rednecks. Central Florida is God's Waiting Room, full of swiveling white heads. South Florida is essentially the Caribbean.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I like Key West and the keys in general. I’ll be sad when they get swallowed by the sea.

Most of my memories of Florida are from visiting my grandparents outside Tampa. Just miles of the worst kind of suburbs imaginable, and then you get to the beach. Probably a reason Clearwater is the Scientology capital.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

My team that lost 3 senior-level people (only one with the senior in his job title though) last month just hired their replacements after an extensive job search of 2 weeks. Nobody outside of my manager and a tech lead who hires people who quit in 6 months did interviews.

1 has "IT experience" and is the Senior they hired.
1 "worked on a helpdesk"
1 "has done a little coding in his free time"

None of them are in the States where my team lives and won't be working the hours of the day my team needs for coverage. Also I work in code build and deployment.

This is going to go great.

Sounds like a recipe for success! Is your team/company try to actively self-sabotage?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Sounds a lot like some hire to not lose the head count hires.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Iowa's dipshit governor, Kim Reynolds (the moron who signed an executive order making it illegal for municipalities and school districts to issue mask mandates), declared that Iowa's public health emergency proclamation will expire on February 15, and the state's two COVID-19 tracking websites will be decommissioned on February 16.

Good news, everyone! We beat the coronavirus! Even though we had more than a thousand new cases in Dubuque County as of Wednesday!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Republicans have correctly judged that their constituents don’t care how many people die from COVID, they just want things to go back to normal. Completely stopping all COVID tracking is definitely one way to do that.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Timby posted:

Good news, everyone! We beat the coronavirus! Even though we had more than a thousand new cases in Dubuque County as of Wednesday!

But there'll be zero cases on the 16th.

Checkmate, liberals.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I have full faith that our government won’t continue to do useless and confusing things to protect us from the chinaflu

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yall are also seriously underrepresenting how many Bostonians we get too.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

Plus a smaller but notable contingent from Illinois who came down to go to Nova Southeastern or FAU‘s Davie campus. All the transplants seemingly vary from county to county or even city to city.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

I’m happy the government has decided that 3k+ deaths a day is not sufficient to be concerned about. Even if it overloads the health care system and even if when each wave peaks it grinds essential services to a halt bc so many people are sick. None of those things matter. What matters is that we called the manager on the plague and now we’re going back to pretending it doesn’t exist.

Lol that anyone thought we’d do something about climate change a far less immediately acute problem.

swickles posted:

At this point it’s basically just every type of terrible northerner that exists. Especially with Covid, seems like they all fled to FL

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Relentlessboredomm posted:

At this point it’s basically just every type of terrible northerner that exists. Especially with Covid, seems like they all fled to FL

Florida and Texas are the #1 and #2 places people from California + New York + New Jersey are moving to since Covid "began"

Its why the housing market locally has absolutely exploded. Triple what they were selling for in 2012.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Amy Pole Her posted:

Its why the housing market locally has absolutely exploded. Triple what they were selling for in 2012.

Yeah, and it loving sucks. I’m pretty much resigned to living with family for the foreseeable future barring my income doubling (Which would maybe allow me to rent at best!) or something equally insane happening.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Despite being a huge fan of the books I have no interest in Reacher the TV show. I suppose it’s because Lee Child’s writing style is central to my love of the books and of course the show won’t have that

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Amy Pole Her posted:

Florida and Texas are the #1 and #2 places people from California + New York + New Jersey are moving to since Covid "began"

Yep. Housing is bonkers in Austin... still.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Samadhi posted:

Sounds like a recipe for success! Is your team/company try to actively self-sabotage?

Any job not outsourced is a failure according to Senior Management.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Mark me down for one accidental click into the Olympics sub, a bi-annual tradition.
:same:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pron on VHS posted:

Despite being a huge fan of the books I have no interest in Reacher the TV show. I suppose it’s because Lee Child’s writing style is central to my love of the books and of course the show won’t have that

I've enjoyed the Jack Reacher books I've read but your second sentence is still very weird to me. I mean, even if you only read airport fiction you're probably reading more than most Americans so good on you.

I'm mostly thinking about the time Jack Reacher punched a guy in the chest in between heartbeats and instantly killed him (in fairness he didn't know he was punching him in between heart beats, it was just an amazing coincidence)

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Maybe it’s because he was part of the worst season of Justified but I always thought Rapaport sucked… maybe he’s actually funny though? :thunk:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Skwirl posted:

I've enjoyed the Jack Reacher books I've read but your second sentence is still very weird to me. I mean, even if you only read airport fiction you're probably reading more than most Americans so good on you.

I'm mostly thinking about the time Jack Reacher punched a guy in the chest in between heartbeats and instantly killed him (in fairness he didn't know he was punching him in between heart beats, it was just an amazing coincidence)

What I mean is I like Lee Child’s short choppy sentences and no-fluff style of writing. The show just looks like a generic action thing. My favorite Reacher book is Tripwire

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Freaquency posted:

Maybe it’s because he was part of the worst season of Justified but I always thought Rapaport sucked… maybe he’s actually funny though? :thunk:

I like his work when he’s not on camera, when he’s on camera he’s the most talentless hack and I can’t stand it. Like, I get “NYC guy” is his thing but he can’t act for poo poo! That said, yeah this is funny

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bird in a Blender posted:

Republicans have correctly judged that their constituents don’t care how many people die from COVID, they just want things to go back to normal. Completely stopping all COVID tracking is definitely one way to do that.

Friend, this is a bipartisan issue. Capital must grow. The blood tithe shall be paid.

Our system is basically that blood draining scene from the new dune.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Looking at my high school cohort I think I'd place in the top 30% for financial and social stability. Despite that comfort, and the responsibility of a kid, I can never permanently shake the idea of taking extreme action to change our society. It is baffling to me that political and economic elites generally go about their days unmolested by the public. I think I understand the reasons why. Folk are too busy, feel powerless, generally non-confrontational, hopeful for natural change, social inertia, etc. Still, I always thought there would be a tipping point. Suppose these days that has less to do with general suffering and more to do with the flow of treats people use to self medicate.

Manchin is a symptom more than a cause but still, what's the worst thing that's happen to him for his openly repugnant behavior? Got yelled at from a pier while hanging out on his yacht? With all this inaction we're just inviting the fascist backlash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Friend, this is a bipartisan issue. Capital must grow. The blood tithe shall be paid.

Our system is basically that blood draining scene from the new dune.

Lol truth. We’re basically doing the daily sacrifice thing they have in Warhammer as well, which is presented as barbaric of course.