Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

No. 6 posted:

I play this on PS4 and it's fun

No. 6 posted:

This game sucks. I really tried to give it a shot but there were too many issues.
:lol:

I assume anyone leaving just isn't using shotguns. Use shotguns they're fun. The only attachment I care about is the 75% stumble let me at it :ripandtear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Why can't mods be swapped between weapons

And zombies just chill and hang out while staying permanently on fire, which can set you on fire. It's a game mechanic, not a simulation. It's supposed to force choice.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

wereboat posted:

cant wait to get dogpiled by half a dozen bruisers while the rest of the party dropped their guns so the one with the field strip card can remove the 4x scope from a tec9

Have you tried playing with people who aren't poo poo?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

DkHelmet posted:

It's a game mechanic, not a simulation. It's supposed to force choice.

A simulationist approach is the opposite of what I'm talking about, it's more like "what is this game mechanic actually adding to the game/are these fun choices to make or just chores"

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011

The Hambulance posted:

Have you tried playing with people who aren't poo poo?

i only play with goons

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

wereboat posted:

cant wait to get dogpiled by half a dozen bruisers while the rest of the party dropped their guns so the one with the field strip card can remove the 4x scope from a tec9

This is actually part of the peak co-op game experience.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I put in enough hours to see the poor development. There is a potential for this type of game being good, still B4B is a buggy, poorly assembled game worth about $20.

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

Mendrian posted:

The idea of spending several minutes and a several hundred copper marginally improve a gun that you might just throw away in five hundred paces kind of makes me antsy and I don't see the point. If you're doing full support or full wizard-grenadier I sort of understand spending the cash, tho.

This is dumbest thing, too. It's a massive noob trap that just screws over players who don't know better.

Seriously, why is a white Barrett with no attachments worth $1000? Only people who don't know how the game works are going to buy that. They're shooting themselves and their team in the foot.

I'd say either remove guns/attachments from the store entirely or slash their prices by 90% to fix the noob trap. Once you know better, you're never going to make that mistake again. And if the prices were lower, it might actually be a viable option rather than a gently caress yourself over trick choice.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

wereboat posted:

I'd be more concerned about how they got the scope to attach to the tec9.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004

wereboat posted:

i only play with goons

which goons? The group I play with can move pretty fast unless we are trying nightmare and wanna min/max guns.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
only the finest elite gamers

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
They could really use some in game explanations about game mechanics like stumble, weapon rarity, etc.

Because they’re super impactful mechanics that don’t appear to be explained at all. I know how they work, I’m just saying to make the game more accessible and understandable.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Tbh I think the shop is a mistake, as are the way attachments are distributed. The game wants to be a tactical min/max numbers game while ALSO being a game where you make do with what you find. Players, especially new players, are going to have a hard time balancing those as they try to replicate their most successful rubs.

There should either be no way to select for attachments or a shop where you can buy whatever you want. I also think each player should get randomized attachments rather than 4 players with two guns each competing for one of two attachments in a crate.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
You can buy as many of the same attachment as you like, it’s not first come first serve

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I meant more the ones you find in the wild.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
My hot take is that if you're a bad player who's gonna gently caress up over attachments you're probably a bad player who'll gently caress up the second the game gets turned up a difficulty level anyway.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
The attachment system made me try out the phoenix which it turns out I love so there’s that.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I'm a big fan of cheesing holdout missions with comical amounts of barbed wire, so I'm always disappointed when we get to t-5 or the diner and we had no opportunity to upgrade.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

I'm a big fan of cheesing holdout missions with comical amounts of barbed wire, so I'm always disappointed when we get to t-5 or the diner and we had no opportunity to upgrade.

Same. Love me some barb wire strats, so I'm sad when it just doesn't come together.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't think we'd have ever beaten T-5 on veteran, at least before they made i easier without literally like 40 reams of upgraded barbed wire.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

Pillbug
I've found that razor wire helps out tremendously on Grave Danger. We set the wire up at the church entrance to deal with the commons, then snipe snitches and retreat to the church and kill specials. Those two Breakers at the end become a lot easier when you let the wire deal with the commons.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
All these barbed wire strats seem to be the standard and not the exception, like you're expected to play like that or you're basically making the game purposefully more difficult. Every 'hold this location' mission I see Swingpoynt play is basically this.

Also T-5 is made easier by moving all of the research cases to the roof and then putting them in the truck either in cycles (2 people drop down and places cases in, run back inside front door, and clear adds) or dropping them all off and slamming them in there quick. You want a stair watcher, a sniper on the roof to whittle down mutations, a flex person, and one person with speed cards grabbing the cases. The back stairs in the house is pretty much left alone unless you linger there so you always have a way down to the basement and the rest of the house. Don't use the main stairs b/c that's the main path of most of the ridden.

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 7, 2022

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

I love using barb wire, but I set it parallel to the entry way so the infecteds have to walk through the whole section the long way.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.
Oh, you think you like barb wire eh? Cute.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Back4Blood/comments/slo188/fort_hope_v2/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004

how to make it almost impossible to see anything for anyone with knowledge is power. but also that is goals

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

theres basically no way im going back, but the stupid once a month patch is out. funniest thing i saw was that they had to normalize movement and strafing speeds between kbm and controller lmao. that would explain why i always found myself behind when playing with my cousin, i was using controller

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I mean there's also some pretty cool stuff in today's patch?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
https://back4blood.com/en-us/patch-notes/february-2022-update

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Mendrian posted:

I mean there's also some pretty cool stuff in today's patch?

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with most of the changes so far. Especially:

quote:

Hoffman’s ability now includes a 1% chance to find offensive items on any kill and team ammo is increased to 15% from 10%.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

quote:

Players are now able to hit the Breaker’s weakspots with melee weapons.
:rms:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Jumpscare Tallboys and fat dudes suck rear end but Walker's new ability being able to mitigate their bullshit is pretty good. Does feel more like fixing symptoms rather than the cause, tho.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

What does "Damage Falloff" (e.g. "Damage falloff rescaled to 2250/2750/3000 from 1750/2500/3250") mean in the Balance Updates section?

e:

quote:

Bot Updates

Bot positioning has been updated to prioritize player line of sight.

good lord finally

The Wiggly Wizard fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 9, 2022

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

What does "Damage Falloff" (e.g. "Damage falloff rescaled to 2250/2750/3000 from 1750/2500/3250") mean in the Balance Updates section?

I want to say those numbers are the centimeter distance for changes to damage falloff, but I don't understand why there's 3 numbers instead of just 2. I'd would think the first number is when damage fall off starts, and the second would be where where it flattens out again.

https://statty.net/ is a good site to visualize the differences between weapons (it'll naturally need a bit of time to reflect today's changes).

Varkas fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 9, 2022

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

quote:

Compound Interest
Updated to affect the whole team.
Reduced to 5% from 10%.
Developer Note: Rather than obligating the Cleaner using this card to drop their Copper for the team, we wanted the whole team to benefit from the card.

I assume this would be stacked to +20% copper if the whole team run it? Interesting.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

100%/75%/50% damage I believe.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Ok another noob question:

quote:

AA12 Weapon damage scaling per quality increased by 11.5% from 10%.

quote:

Desert Eagle Weapon damage scaling per quality decreased to 18.5% from 20%.

So the AA12 damage is +21.5% per quality now, or it's +11.5% per quality now?

Why were some weapons +10% per quality and some +20%?

Richard Bong posted:

100%/75%/50% damage I believe.

I see, but according to statty it's a linear decrease, not a staircase, so I wonder why the middle number, as Varkas mentioned. Just for legibility?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

I see, but according to statty it's a linear decrease, not a staircase, so I wonder why the middle number, as Varkas mentioned. Just for legibility?

Might be somewhat stepped, I’m guessing, since in the example above the distance between 100%-75% is 500 and the distance between 75%-50% is 250. I’m guessing playing around in the range would give you better info. This is all just my understanding of the game, which could be wrong.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

If statty has been updated then it looks like that's a typo. It should be 'to 11.5% from 10%'.

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 10, 2022

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

Pillbug
I've noticed a weird effect when I kill a Hag. I sometimes get a wavy haze around the outskirts of the screen that lasts until the round is over.

Is this a "me" issue? Or is there a buff that comes with getting the kill on the hag that I've been missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

The Hambulance posted:

I've noticed a weird effect when I kill a Hag. I sometimes get a wavy haze around the outskirts of the screen that lasts until the round is over.

Is this a "me" issue? Or is there a buff that comes with getting the kill on the hag that I've been missing?

It's probably the revised Amped Up effect that triggers all the time because of all the hordes (like the one the Hag does).