Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The old guy is from one of the author's one shots, right? Kinda cool to give him that status.

I hope the assassination school brings back the gimmick assassins definitely my favorite part before the manga went straight action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Ayashimon: Woah.

Roboco: The loving Goreinu joke made me laugh out loud, it's such an obvious joke but the fact that it hadn't been used yet caught me off guard. Complete with the downside of losing 3 players at once if Gachi/Goreinu gets knocked out. I also dig the joke of drawing a gigantic hulking behemoth and calling it an elementary schooler cause that poo poo's funny to me.

Someone should introduce Kurenai to Billy Watkins (Age Six).

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A Sometimes Food posted:

Someone should introduce Kurenai to Billy Watkins (Age Six).

You gotta post the pic

Read Spy X Family or watch it when the anime comes out.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1488802271165140997?t=YZUZPFICfzhkjWlyhlxdCA&s=19

Let's rakugo baby

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
So what's ending next issue? Or are they just adding a series without removing anything?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mikl posted:

So what's ending next issue? Or are they just adding a series without removing anything?

Looking through the account nothing, but here's more info about the Rakugo manga

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1488818590765793280

Also a second series is starting too

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1488827005382529024

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
excuse me i believe it's called a color ppppppage

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
We know Magu-chan is ending, but who knows if they'll be cutting something else or if they'll just be adding another series. Any bets on what could be getting axed?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nothing has hit a point that feels anywhere near cancellation, maybe they're looking ahead to the incoming Dr Stone ending

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Electric Phantasm posted:

You gotta post the pic

Read Spy X Family or watch it when the anime comes out.

There's also the 4 foreign middle schoolers in Assassination Classroom.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
magilumiere is good

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1489145688327864329?s=20&t=NFZy4itwTF9ogVPwAiu_Og

Unsurprising, but I'm happy it's getting a bonus chapter!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

First 2 chapters were pretty fun. Feels like it has a bunch of set ups for some fun stupid shenanigans. With the boss and the geek for example. I also rather liked the interplay between the 2 girls.
I will definitely follow this for now.

I hope a fun "where are they now" thing. :)

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Darth TNT posted:

I hope a fun "where are they now" thing. :)

McNapu's Crab Shack has become a thriving restaurant chain. He has gone absolutely mad with power.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
New Show ha Shoten: Yep, I'm liking this. I love these guys. I was somehow expecting some foul play or for them to win, but they went the other way. Everything was on the up and up and everyone is a good guy.

Alopex posted:

McNapu's Crab Shack has become a thriving restaurant chain. He has gone absolutely mad with power.

With tiny little hermit crab waiters.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
And shark mascot / poster gal.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I still like it but I can’t help but feel that World Trigger has turned into a ridiculous caricature of itself.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Off the top of my head I can't think of any other series that has done a full color spread in the middle of a chapter like Kaiju No 8 did this week.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nrook posted:

I still like it but I can’t help but feel that World Trigger has turned into a ridiculous caricature of itself.

idc i'm baited by test scores cliffhanger

Isra the Great
Apr 5, 2009

A pleasure to meet you, my good bro.

Darth TNT posted:

New Show ha Shoten: Everything was on the up and up and everyone is a good guy.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

nrook posted:

Unironically invested about these nerds doing homework and playing not-xcom.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm way more into this extended astronaut training/psychological testing/team building exercise than i was the rank wars. it's not as good as the invasion arcs, though!

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
My son’s best friend is big into sports but not so much reading. Was thinking about giving him some sports manga, but when I looked for volume ones for the sports I know he plays (football, basketball, baseball) seems like they’re all sold out online. Any suggestions?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Cicero posted:

My son’s best friend is big into sports but not so much reading. Was thinking about giving him some sports manga, but when I looked for volume ones for the sports I know he plays (football, basketball, baseball) seems like they’re all sold out online. Any suggestions?

Not much you can do if you don't have an in-person source, I suppose, especially not if you're not looking to pay markup. (And manga demand is outstripping supply right now)

I started a few manga on volume 2 or later in my youth, when that was what the library or a store had, and it can work out fine, depending on the series. Eyeshield 21 has volume 2s in stock, and that might work. The writer of Doctor Stone and the artist for One Punch Man makes it the go-to football manga.

If digital's alright, there's a few sports series on Viz's jump app if you're in a region it sells to. 2 bucks a month for a massive archive is a good deal, but digital might not work so well.

Any movies or games the kid likes other than sports? Might help find some other options that are getting more frequent reprints.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Hmm, I’m in the Seattle area so I can check out Kinokuniya and maybe some comic shops, just not confident in being able to find volume ones of random manga there, either.

He likes Call of Duty zombies, and Fortnite. Maybe other stuff too, I can ask my son.

I’m looking at maybe just grabbing solo leveling and record of ragnarok, not sports but maybe they’ll be appealing (I’ll have to see how violent/gory ragnarok is).

Thanks!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

muscles like this! posted:

Off the top of my head I can't think of any other series that has done a full color spread in the middle of a chapter like Kaiju No 8 did this week.

Its also a Jump+ title so it can just do that without having to worry about things like that.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

One Punch Man has done a few of them in the middle of the chapter the last few months. They're amazing.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Cicero posted:

Hmm, I’m in the Seattle area so I can check out Kinokuniya and maybe some comic shops, just not confident in being able to find volume ones of random manga there, either.

He likes Call of Duty zombies, and Fortnite. Maybe other stuff too, I can ask my son.

I’m looking at maybe just grabbing solo leveling and record of ragnarok, not sports but maybe they’ll be appealing (I’ll have to see how violent/gory ragnarok is).

Thanks!

Ragnarok is seinen and very much a gorefest and revels in it. A fun fighting manga but it certainly doesn't shy away.

The classic baseball manga is Major though i personally don't like it all that much. Diamond no Ace is pretty good as well. Bungo is a bit more over the top and comedic in the beginning but mellows out on the slapstick comedy.

Basketball has Slam Dunk as the classic. Kuroko no Basket is a bit more superpowered for a basketball Manga but by no means a prince of tennis or captain Tsubasa level. Real is about wheelchair basketball though the game itself is more background as the main focus is about living with disabilities and the challenges of it. There are plenty of generic basketball mangas which all don't stand out much but had decent runs and can be a nice casual read.

CVE fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 4, 2022

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

caught up on sanda after missing a few weeks and man is that a weird series

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i didn't think very highly of kajiki chef. it's more plot hole than comic.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
H2 is a good baseball manga imo

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I'd much rather have the two color page these manga occasionally get on a cool spread than just the first two pages. I get why they're usually like that--it's to make someone flipping through WSJ stop on the chapter that's got the flash of color right at the start--but a well timed color splash is so much nicer.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like uron mirage better than witch watch.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

drat Magu-Chan throwing a gut punch just before ending.

Good manga, although I got confused by that one panel cause I thought Ruri ended up marrying Magu.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i like uron mirage better than witch watch.

Holy poo poo the last page caught me so off guard

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I've read one of the new things on Mangaplus, Magilumiere Co Ltd, and it owns.

Carry on.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The explanation as to why Uron Mirage was so popular was pretty funny and I definitely burst out laughing at that final page.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Magu-Chan dammit I knew Ruru was gonna die.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I really hope that was a one off.

The new Jump Plus series were pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Magu Chan: :negative: I…I.. guess this is the best ending possible? Such sweet sorrow. :unsmith:
Yeah, this manga was pretty perfect the way it came and went.

Mash: Going Rock Lee on Gaara…again. I’m still hype though.