Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I see Canadians are better at heckling bullshit morons than Americans. Speaking from Texas, keep up the good work. :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Waffle House posted:

I see Canadians are better at heckling bullshit morons than Americans. Speaking from Texas, keep up the good work. :patriot:

Of course we are. It's on the passive aggressive skill tree.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:03 on Oct 29, 2022

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
the middle class white Liberal analysis seems to be that the Conservatives want Trudeau to solve this with the military because then it becomes his responsibility. apparently he should be arguing that keeping the capital safe is a provincial responsibility (?) and putting Ford on the spot

federal/provincial pissfights, a proud part of our heritage :canada:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I'd like to see ol Ford not withstanding clause his way out of this jam.

Ah! Well. Nevertheless,

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

“no more lockdowns!” I yell at the federal government, while Doug Ford naps

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I for one, am excited to see if RCMP ERT or OPP STAR has the most Punisher and Thin Blue Line patches.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I would have been there to help ya Trudeau, if you kept up the CERB. but you made it clear we are all on our own now, so these truckers are a YOU problem. good luck!

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Ya honestly the best thing for leftists to do at this point is stay the gently caress home until the establishment figures out how to unfuck this situation they made for themselves.

I'm gonna go spend the weekend in a cabin in the woods getting high and playing Nintendo. They can do donuts in the Leg parking lot all weekend for all I care.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Should have parked in portage and main

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

I for one, am excited to see if RCMP ERT or OPP STAR has the most Punisher and Thin Blue Line patches.

this is the only punisher I know

https://youtu.be/7Xue-dOOLiY

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I tuned into the trucker radio feed last night while doing some other work and boy oh boy is there some powerful levels of stupid there. Hilarious at times but also chilling.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Waffle House posted:

we're a lot less likely to get shot for doing it, which may be a factor.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

don’t want to be a downer but I doubt there’s anyone who isn’t trolling it left on there.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Noblesse Obliged posted:

don’t want to be a downer but I doubt there’s anyone who isn’t trolling it left on there.

As of last night there were definitely a ton of true believers on there. Trolls too (who anyone short of a boomer can identify in about a second), but still a lot of truck folks and supporters, and a hapless mod trying ineffectively to keep the trolls out and being lambasted by the others.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

nothing warms the cockles of my heart more than one of the mods spending 90 seconds on mic defending the convoy just to have it followed by "get hosed nerd"

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://twitter.com/TomStDenis2/status/1489347886823448580

lmao now they're burning flags.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

badly.

also the flag burning lady is threatening to murder doctors.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
the flag-burning lady is a Sovereign Citzen and on the possibly-actually-mentally-ill end of that scene.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
i don't think there's a possibly about it

some cults are led by grifters, some cults are led by true believers who are off their rockers, this is definitely the latter

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Is this mirroring what happened to Republicans in the states where the party ended up being taken over by rubes who actually believed all the bullshit instead of the captains of industry who understood is was all a game?

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

She was detained under the mental health act before.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8417379/queen-of-canada-covid-online-threats/

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Futanari Damacy posted:

I've never actually used the phrase, I just thought his tearful, bitch-like response was too inciteful for me not to be deliberately contrarian :shrug:

Fr imagine being so soft skinned and soft brained that you feel psychic damage from this lol

Have you connected with your local orgs who might be organizing counter protests? Care to tell us about the actual real-life efforts you’re making to stop the right? The only person bitch-made will be you if you don’t personally go out and confront these NPCs this weekend. Maybe you’ll even get a power up to fight the final boss and save us all hahaha.

Or else, keep us out of your perfect anti-fascist posturing, it’s getting annoying.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Frosted Flake posted:

Is this mirroring what happened to Republicans in the states where the party ended up being taken over by rubes who actually believed all the bullshit instead of the captains of industry who understood is was all a game?

yes and no. a lot of them don’t actually believe the republicans will do anything for them but this way at least they get to piss off the libs

anyway super lol at burning the flag to protest that they don’t have any freedom

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Jordan7hm posted:

i don't think there's a possibly about it

some cults are led by grifters, some cults are led by true believers who are off their rockers, this is definitely the latter

This is going sound a bit nuts but I actually think she's being 'handled' by foreign or domestic operatives and may not even know it.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

What is the Great Reset? This guy in my social circle keeps mentioning that this is just the start of the Great Reset and this is a protest against it.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Fried Watermelon posted:

What is the Great Reset?

Neoliberal economics explained through culture war instead of marxist analysis.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

ARACHTION posted:

Have you connected with your local orgs who might be organizing counter protests? Care to tell us about the actual real-life efforts you’re making to stop the right? The only person bitch-made will be you if you don’t personally go out and confront these NPCs this weekend. Maybe you’ll even get a power up to fight the final boss and save us all hahaha.

Or else, keep us out of your perfect anti-fascist posturing, it’s getting annoying.

A lot of Ottawa orgs are requesting people not to counter protest this weekend, including street medics and antifa Ottawa.

Instead people are organizng around mutual aid networks, community safety patrols etc.

E: but I agree with your hypothetical point

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

Neoliberal economics explained through culture war instead of marxist analysis.

Yeah that's a great way of putting it. Basically using the pandemic to inflict further pain and punishment through austerity measures and employer disciplining employees but people think its' going to be done by enforcing icky cultural morethey don't like, and not just continuing privatization, worker atomization etc

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

as a cspam denizen I just want to clarify that I am pro flag burning

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Another Bill posted:

This is going sound a bit nuts but I actually think she's being 'handled' by foreign or domestic operatives and may not even know it.

i mean i could easily see the RCMP being her handlers (though i do not think that is the case here)

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:03 on Oct 29, 2022

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
the most important thing to any true 2020s leftist is online recognition and maybe daytrading crypto

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Duck Rodgers posted:

A lot of Ottawa orgs are requesting people not to counter protest this weekend, including street medics and antifa Ottawa.

Instead people are organizng around mutual aid networks, community safety patrols etc.

E: but I agree with your hypothetical point

Yeah, I’ve talked about the same kind of efforts in previous posts and agree. When I say combat fascism, there are many ways to do so beyond literally fighting them and most take a lot of continuous effort. It’s a lot less fun to post about though… :(

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Fried Watermelon posted:

What is the Great Reset? This guy in my social circle keeps mentioning that this is just the start of the Great Reset and this is a protest against it.

The WEF, part of the Davos Group, wrote in early 2020 that covid should lead to a "Great Reset" where we rebuild society in a more sustainable way after the lockdowns end. In 2016, they made an infamous video that predicted "You will own nothing and be happy about it" - your house, your car, even your clothes will all be rented from corporations. Companies are striving to own everything and create neo-feudalism, and the money printing in response to the pandemic has accelerated that. Somehow the right wing says that means we should not take any action to prevent covid, instead of taking action to eat the rich.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Futanari Damacy posted:

You sound like a cop ngl

"Care to tell us your next move in advance? For clout? That is, if you aren't chicken..." :crossarms:

Can you at least post pics of your Antifa Supersoldier cosplay?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

ARACHTION posted:

Can you at least post pics of your Antifa Supersoldier cosplay?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/TheBeaverton/status/1489644348836876290?t=MFyp0VKqlEK9ym9kmMBP6A&s=19

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Frosted Flake posted:

harper removed any threat to his power nearly two decades ago, naturally, the party has been a shambles since he left the spotlight, although there's a lot of talk about him continuing to influence the party internally. otherwise, the people who vote at party conventions are increasingly the kind of wingnuts you've identified, as are the internal candidates they vote for. people like candice bergan have no interest in governance, they're purely reactionary, and so goes the party as a whole.

frankly it's surprising both scheer and o'tool were elected as leaders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

infernal machines posted:

harper removed any threat to his power nearly two decades ago, naturally, the party has been a shambles since he left the spotlight, although there's a lot of talk about him continuing to influence the party internally. otherwise, the people who vote at party conventions are increasingly the kind of wingnuts you've identified, as are the internal candidates they vote for. people like candice bergan have no interest in governance, they're purely reactionary, and so goes the party as a whole.

frankly it's surprising both scheer and o'tool were elected as leaders.

Is it? Various business interest still have a fair bit of power to influence leadership decisions. An increasing amount of the membership have drunk the coolaid, but they also have no idea how anything actually works, so they're going to have trouble assuming full control over everything.