Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I :raise: at countries that call their administrative regions "states" when those regions aren't pretending to be semi-autonomously-governed sovereign nations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

For Ontario, you can plot Windsor to Kenora and it's about a 24 hour drive. Kenora is only about halfway up the province, but you can't really drive to the Northernmost parts because there aren't actual roads to get to most of it. The communities on the James Bay coast are basically all fly-in/fly-out, except for the ones that are only accessible in the winter by ice roads.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

all that space and you're loving full lmao couldn't be me

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Aussie has:
- More space, even if most of it is desert
- Better weather
- A national character that isn't entirely focused on licking the boots of minor nobility
- More wildlife that might kill you, thus releasing you from this hellish existence

- We have plenty of space, every just crams into London for some god knows what reason.
- Better weather is nice, but you also have the highest prevalence of skin cancer in the world...sooooooo
- You do have some wonderful wildlife, but you also seem to really want to kill it with climate change.
- You mean this Nobility?

Mega Comrade has a new favorite as of 17:20 on Feb 4, 2022

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/uBjAWja.mp4

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Whispering "oh noooo..." at that video one second in

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Mega Comrade posted:

- We have plenty of space, every just crams into London for some god knows what reason.
- Better weather is nice, but you also have the highest prevalence of skin cancer in the world...sooooooo
- You do have some wonderful wildlife, but you also seem to really want to kill it with climate change.
- You mean this Nobility?

I'm not Australian, but I am a non-brit living in London, and my opinion on Britain has steadily declined over the past few years. It's a rainy island still drunk from last night's imperialism and its voters are by nature bootlicking fascists that would gleefully support death camps if they were rebranded as work placement centres for benefit scroungers and travellers.

But that's not a meme so here :

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.

I'm not Australian, but I am a non-brit living in London, and my opinion on Britain has steadily declined over the past few years. It's a rainy island still drunk from last night's imperialism and its voters are by nature bootlicking fascists that would gleefully support death camps if they were rebranded as work placement centres for benefit scroungers and travellers.

Lotta unkindness to our fair isle there. Islands full of cunts but so's everywhere :shrug:

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
I learned in school that the United States of America was created by Jesus and is perfect in every way. The rest of the world is BAD and hates freedom.

God Bless the United States of America.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Jihad Joe posted:

Lotta unkindness to our fair isle there. Islands full of cunts but so's everywhere :shrug:

Most places are full of cunts but not a lot of places spent a few centuries imposing their cuntiness on others on a global scale.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
Lets just all admit that anywhere that was started by the British can go gently caress itself. England, US, Australia, all poo poo rear end loving places.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Large Testicles posted:

Lets just all admit that anywhere that was started by the British can go gently caress itself. England, US, Australia, all poo poo rear end loving places.

This is written in English.

checkmate

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

kazil posted:

This is written in English.

checkmate

counterpoint, i'm a poo poo rear end person

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Most places are full of cunts but not a lot of places spent a few centuries imposing their cuntiness on others on a global scale.

Yeah, guess it's time to go rip on contemporary Germans for warcrimes welp

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

FreudianSlippers posted:

only because they couldn't

how naive are you?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Most places are full of humans, this is the problem

For clarification: it is the humans, that are the problem

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

My argument isn't the UK is good. Just that Australia is worse.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Large Testicles posted:

New Zealand seems OK recently.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

You think New Zealand is real?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Bug Squash posted:

This does over look that getting people on the moon is an order of magnitude more challenging. The Soviets had a big rocket that let them snap up a collection of firsts that could be achieved with just that launch system, but were unable to build upon that since there was no way they could fit a lunar lander onto it.

Uhhh, d'ye know that woosh sound? commonly asscociated with rocketry?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

kazil posted:

You think New Zealand is real?

Let me show you on this map

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Jihad Joe posted:

I agree that it would be nice to see former (and current) British subjects invade and partition Britain and make them pay reparations for colonialism but I don't think it's likely.

We'll have to settle for Brexit being punishment enough.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Zzulu posted:

:hmmyes:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Zzulu posted:

We need like 90% less of them

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Gotta get that bio-metal. If they didn't go to the moon, who destroyed the American base there?

I just want you to know that I appreciated this reference.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Jihad Joe posted:

There's an important difference between English historical warcrimes and German historical warcrimes, in that the Germans aren't voting Hitler into their list of top 10 Germans and putting Hitler's face on their £5 banknotes and electing politicians based on how much they quote Hitler's speeches.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Whybird posted:

There's an important difference between English historical warcrimes and German historical warcrimes, in that the Germans aren't voting Hitler into their list of top 10 Germans and putting Hitler's face on their £5 banknotes and electing politicians based on how much they quote Hitler's speeches.

You could argue most of Europe is guilty of that. Seems you have to lose a major war and be forced to confront your past shittyness. Although then there is Japan...

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

sarcastx posted:

I sure do get a kick out of Texans boasting about the status of their state as the second largest in the US, like, bicch there are only two* Australian states that are smaller than Texas and none of them have Greg Abbott at the helm.

Mess with Texas - the heartland of Dipshit America, at every opportunity.

*the ACT - wholly consumed by the superior state of New South Wales, does not count

e: I, too, can plot a ridiculously long journey from a point in one state to the next state over

What about Tazza?

Whybird posted:

Germans go about their sense of superiority in a subtler way. Though if they're comparing themselves to the English I guess it's warranted.

Mega Comrade posted:

You could argue most of Europe is guilty of that. Seems you have to lose a major war and be forced to confront your past shittyness. Although then there is Japan...

The US specifically avoided removing the emporer. Something to do with preventing communism probably.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

staberind posted:

I'll admit that I did mention trains during an argum.. discussion about the space race, after some wee child said "America won the space race cos it got to the moon first".

And yet Russia STILL hasn't gotten a human on the moon.

China is gonna beat them to it on that.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/MGK35LF.mp4

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

https://i.imgur.com/uNKra2p.gifv

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

gently caress yeah.

Hell yeah.

Apologies to the losers and haters, but you're bad at video games and life.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Miss him? As if cats aren't already Lovecraftian creatures, he'll be tracking you down in the astral plane demanding wet food before you even arrive.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

I just played through Dark Souls 3 for the first time and when I found her room someone had left the message "No chest here, only sadness"