Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021

New pins! :D From this shop (currently on break) https://www.etsy.com/shop/VoidDust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Pin mail! Got a Bratbox subscription with the theme of "DEATH" and an angel pin from Pokettoni!

Of the four Bratbox pins, I love the Lively Ghosts the most, and the Skeleton hugging booze the least, and overall I'm happy with it - especially with the great stickers!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Leraika posted:

Speaking of pinboards, what would you suggest for one? I'm currently using a corkboard from ikea but it is incredibly thin (the pins pierce through it entirely, but not enough to be easily capped) and I'm worried about durability.

I'm weird and like stretching canvas so my boards are a layer of either lovely old polyester blankets or quilt batting* stretched over wood stretcher bars, then I stretched some pretty yet neutral colored fabric over that. The advantages are you can make them any size you want and put bar and stick pins on them. The down side is with tack pins you won't be able to use the outside two inches or so of the edges for those type pins as the canvas bars will be in the way. If it helps I can pull one down off the wall and show the front/back of it.

*if you use quilt batting be very gentle in stretching it, it shreds and tears easily as it's not meant for this poo poo but it's there for some extra body for the pins to stab through. Felt could also work for this I would think.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.vipi.ink/product/preorders-heart-of-dazzling-clarity

:toot:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Cat pin subscription sent out the pin for January so I'm gonna receive the cat compass rose pin sometime soonish. They have the pin for February up.

February Design: Gothic Window Cat

https://frostdragondesigns.com/collections/monthly-cute-cat-pin-club/products/cute-cat-club

Hell yeah.

Also I've gotten access to a much better (though still not great) camera so when I finish putting some more pins on these little canvas party banners I picked up, I'll take some better pics of everything. By then I might even have the January cat pin.

January cat pin:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Pin mail! :toot:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Now pan the camera left. What're the cat things

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Now pan the camera left. What're the cat things

Stickers!

I bought them from a friend - she was kind enough to let me buy them before she's released them to her store!

e: They're not on her shop yet but here's the shop! https://izuma.storenvy.com/?page=1

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 30, 2021

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Now pan the camera right again and tell us who made the flower pin.

Please and thank you it's neato!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Turbinosamente posted:

Now pan the camera right again and tell us who made the flower pin.

Please and thank you it's neato!

Sorry for making you ask!

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

I'm in the process of making some pins and was just wondering, is it generally more favorable to have two pin posts instead of one? (assuming the pin size allows for it)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

ce gars posted:

I'm in the process of making some pins and was just wondering, is it generally more favorable to have two pin posts instead of one? (assuming the pin size allows for it)

I asked my pin discord:

quote:

Hannako's Redd period+Gacha pls — Today at 8:59 PM

yeah generally
if it's like 1.75 inches or more, 2 posts are better since
we wanna prevent it from swinging
I'd say it's probably a good idea to do it on 1.5 as well

Zee demands robo ache series — Today at 9:03 PM

YES
YES IT IS MORE FAVORABLE
Unless your pin is small and won’t move much on its own, always get two :uwot:

Rad (she/they) — Today at 9:04 PM

If there is an up to your design, you want two posts.
Otherwise it's spin to win

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Jawdroppingly nice pin from the Angelic Arcana kickstarter!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

StrixNebulosa posted:

Sorry for making you ask!

No problem sorry for being snarky about it. I've clicked through to the Etsy shop and dang I can't decide these are some good flowers.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Turbinosamente posted:

No problem sorry for being snarky about it. I've clicked through to the Etsy shop and dang I can't decide these are some good flowers.

Nah you're good!

https://twitter.com/pegushi_/status/1478165989669806080

https://pegushi.bigcartel.com/product/tiger-pin-preorder

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

I asked my pin discord:

That's exactly what I was thinking but just wanted to be sure. Thanks!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Wow, I am in love with this freaky violin:

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021

ce gars posted:

That's exactly what I was thinking but just wanted to be sure. Thanks!

Okay since you haven't said, I must ask; what kinda pin are you making? I'm being consumed by curiosity. (Especially since I just got in the remaining two out of four preorder designs in that I had up and now have to quality check everything)

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

Long story short I made a fairly popular webseries called Marble Hornets on YouTube (it actually got its start on the SA Forums!). It ended in 2014 but I still sell merch for it on my storefront, as well as a continuation comic that I'm the writer for. I actually have 2 pins for sale already but noticed a lot of the pins I've bought for myself have two posts where the pins I sell only had one, so I figured I'd ask you guys.

If you're interested, my storefront is here: https://store.grampo.co/

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

ce gars posted:

Long story short I made a fairly popular webseries called Marble Hornets on YouTube (it actually got its start on the SA Forums!). It ended in 2014 but I still sell merch for it on my storefront, as well as a continuation comic that I'm the writer for. I actually have 2 pins for sale already but noticed a lot of the pins I've bought for myself have two posts where the pins I sell only had one, so I figured I'd ask you guys.

If you're interested, my storefront is here: https://store.grampo.co/

holy poo poo I love Marble Hornets, I had a lot of fun watching it. Super excited to see you doing more with it!

Also unrelated I just finished putting together a pin board and I loved theming it and picking pins that complement each other -

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

On the subject of pin backs- the other option if it's a large enough pin is to have a safety pin style back. These cost more but are much more secure for holding a pin in place, and also has the advantage of not having a large locking mechanism that either falls off easily nor does it poke you very much if you wear the pin on clothing instead of on a bag.

Of course no locking mechanism is failproof but just putting that idea out there for the poster who was asking earlier.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Also to add an actual pin: Cool Cat pin by PinkGabberCat on IG next to her Sofubi of the same character

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Forgive me pin thread for I have sinned and bought Metazoo merch.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Turbinosamente posted:

Forgive me pin thread for I have sinned and bought Metazoo merch.

"there's always room for Mothman!"

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

holy poo poo I love Marble Hornets, I had a lot of fun watching it. Super excited to see you doing more with it!

Hey thanks! :tipshat:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Finished another board, and realizing I need to find more filler pins! Today's theme is a garden!

e: Bonus double-board, I got inspired!

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 7, 2022

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Finished another board, and realizing I need to find more filler pins! Today's theme is a garden!

e: Bonus double-board, I got inspired!

Oh wow where did you get these / the materials to make these? I would love to replace my 2x4 cork board with a bunch of small felt hexagons

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Sockser posted:

Oh wow where did you get these / the materials to make these? I would love to replace my 2x4 cork board with a bunch of small felt hexagons

I bought these! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0894C3JXW/

I also bought these, they're slightly smaller but I like 'em anyways: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088KC5R4R/

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Ok that angel pin is awesome, where is it from?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

mania posted:

Ok that angel pin is awesome, where is it from?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inkjunkart/angelic-arcana

I don't know if they'll sell leftovers, I'm sorry.

Take this instead: a board I put together this morning!

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

I like that sunrise rabbit, where was that from?

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
And here I am asking about that adorably angry Ho-oh in the top left. He's so cute! And mad!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

cardinale posted:

I like that sunrise rabbit, where was that from?

Sadly that pin is no longer available, she moved to a v2 design and I got the v1 rabbit from a clearance sale. On top of that her store is still closed as she's working on shipping a pin campaign + is sick from something. BUT her pins are great so bookmark it! : https://www.alstroarts.com/

Turbinosamente posted:

And here I am asking about that adorably angry Ho-oh in the top left. He's so cute! And mad!

Oh thank goodness you asked for something I can link to! Ho Oh Sky Guardian - there are other angry cute pokemon in the shop too!

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I feel so seen

Thank you for the link!!

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Just got these two in the mail:

I was hoping the KS would get high enough to unlock Cherno Alpha (the best Jaeger), but I'll gladly take these.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

StrixNebulosa posted:

I bought these! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0894C3JXW/

I also bought these, they're slightly smaller but I like 'em anyways: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088KC5R4R/

Went on amazon, poked around, ended up buying the smaller ones you linked without realizing how small they were (they can hold maybe like 8-10 pins each)

So now I've got some much larger ones being sent, woo.

Thinking I may just keep my big 2'x4' corkboard and augment it with some small themed hexagons around the edges

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

While I think about all the amazing variety of custom pokemon pins here's a licensed Kirby, because I didn't have one somehow.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Turbinosamente posted:

While I think about all the amazing variety of custom pokemon pins here's a licensed Kirby, because I didn't have one somehow.

I just saw this in one of my pin servers and thought of this post. Kirby. :allears:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

The Alstro Arts' kickstarter pins are in and I am in love!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Now that I work in an office again, I've absolutely ramped up buying pins, and as of this evening, I've bought some decorative boards to put them on...

...but not enough, because I've still got this many without a place to rest. More hoops next paycheck I guess.

At first I was using this modular box and sticking them in spare acoustic foam, but then a lot of the last so many were TOO BIG for this, so even if the company hadn't been hosed by supply issues to the point I couldn't get a second for six months, I still needed an alternate solution.

I thought four would do it! I was wrong. I guess I'll keep going at it just in time to find another batch of these, I'm sure.