Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lone Goat posted:

They're Legendary, so while the first one is free, the second one is a risk.

How many legendary lands got played in duplicate (aside from weirdass outlier decks like Legacy Lands.) Pendelhaven was a 2 of in infect, Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth and the green one I guess? What else?

Flagstones of Trokair, Gemstone Caverns, Karakas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Niktos, all the four playable Urza saga lands, Academy ruins, Eye of Ugin.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 4, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Phyrexian tower?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Flagstones of Trokair :eng101:

You don't really get punished for drawing multiples of that though.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Yeah, like I said any deck playing white in standard and some in modern too can play 1 for free. The power level of the effect will dictate if you can play like 3 of them and I don't think this is one of those where you're going to want 3 or 4.

I would never under any circumstance run 4 Seat of the Empires. Possibly 3 in a standard deck if the meta was aggro-heavy. Otherwise I feel like two would be a reasonable risk to take for getting two removal spells in land slots.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TipTow posted:

I would never under any circumstance run 4 Seat of the Empires. Possibly 3 in a standard deck if the meta was aggro-heavy. Otherwise I feel like two would be a reasonable risk to take for getting two removal spells in land slots.

I think it's going to end up that anything more than 1 of these is almost definitely wrong. It's a very bad removal spell even if it's free.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

mcmagic posted:

You don't really get punished for drawing multiples of that though.

That’s the reason for the emoji

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
full gallery is up. https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/kamigawa-neon-dynasty

shitload of new cards. the ones that caught my attention are

^ this one just for the art Lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Hopefully there is a good Disruption Protocol deck in standard.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Hopefully there is a good Disruption Protocol deck in standard.

I was just thinking it'll be good in standard/historic

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Fucker posted:

^ this one just for the art Lol

Children of Aku! Samurai Jack is in the house!

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Set is real good

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
disruption protocol seems to confirm that were getting a betrayer of flesh deck in standard

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

This probably won't be good enough, but I really like the flavor.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

TipTow posted:

I loving love this. May even be worth running multiple copies in mono W or even a two-color build.

I really like the way it interacts with Thalia, discounting the Channel instead of Thalia taxing it. Can kill a dang 6 toughness blocker with Thalia's First Strike

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
This set looks wildly fun.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

:eyepop:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

I could be missing lifegain synergies but I still think Deadly Dispute is the better effect here, a lot of redundancy with this style of card in the last several sets with Plumb the Forbidden and Village Rites.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Interesting take on Heiroglyphic Illuminations

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
their really just throwing poo poo at the wall to promote a set this time around

https://yrstruly.itch.io/kamigawa-a-visual-novel

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Whoa, cameos from kero kero bonito AND sweet anita? What a time to be alive.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

disaster pastor posted:

This probably won't be good enough, but I really like the flavor.

It's a bonesplitter if nothing else.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Fucker posted:

their really just throwing poo poo at the wall to promote a set this time around

no nyanners no sale :colbert:

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Why does it make that token. It's monored vigilance, technically. Not that it matters that much, but idgi

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Abhorrence posted:

It's a bonesplitter if nothing else.

A legendary bonesplitter

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Why does it make that token. It's monored vigilance, technically. Not that it matters that much, but idgi

I guess they didn't want to do hybrid mana WR?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

They could've had it make the 2/2 red Spirit with menace. But I suppose menace is higher value in a set with ninjutsu.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

They were already using that token and didn't want to add a slightly different one to the set just for some common. Art and printing concerns and whatnot.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fucker posted:

This Is loving Awesome

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

lmao

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

:lol:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Bye Seb

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Protein spikes noooo

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

:perfect:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Fucker posted:

I'm interested only because I fuckin love KKB.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

draw 2 cards and a 2/2?

gimmie that value

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Lmao artificer's intuition is a 40 dollar card now

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I like how "dismal backwater" is a picture of an elegant, neon-inlaid wooden bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
This set looks really good