Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z7Cg6BsQ-o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Scratch Monkey posted:

Can you really say an alien killed him? He was a robot.

Also he was revived and shut down by Ripley in Alien 3. So technically Ripley killed him.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i visited a planet hollywood in idk spain or france, and drat schwarzenegger has tiny hands

its a weird thing to experience as a teenager, that the big buff guy is just a lil buff guy

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Carthag Tuek posted:

i visited a planet hollywood in idk spain or france, and drat schwarzenegger has tiny hands

its a weird thing to experience as a teenager, that the big buff guy is just a lil buff guy

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kinda unfair tho as Wilt Chamberlain was 7'1" & Andre the Giant was 7'4".

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah I'm not gonna judge someone as small because they were standing next to a guy whose last name was "The Giant."

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Could an alien queen beat a T-1000?

Terminator pros : can’t be bitten | even without guns could still do damage | no need to breathe

Terminator cons : slowish \ not really able to adapt

Alien pros : fast | acid could melt a steel floor at one point | agile | power in numbers

Alien cons : squishy | acid spit is close range |

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Terminator pros : can’t be bitten | even without guns could still do damage | no need to breathe

Terminator cons : slowish \ not really able to adapt

Alien pros : fast | acid could melt a steel floor at one point | agile | power in numbers

Alien cons : squishy | acid spit is close range |

i think it basically comes down to how fast alien acid will eat the terminator alloy vs how fast t1000 can cut.. are the blades are destroyed immediately or does the acid eat away before he can kill her and he might get smaller and smaller haha. you can probably learn more about this by googling with safe search off haha we could exchange results

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 20:29 on Feb 4, 2022

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also tiny is probably the wrong word, hes average height. just i pictured him idk at least 6' tall when i was a kid lol

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think his publicity stuff used to say 6' or 6'1" or something, but he was really closer to 5'10 or 11"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

Kinda unfair tho as Wilt Chamberlain was 7'1" & Andre the Giant was 7'4".

Andre is probably closer to 6'11 or 7 judging his standing next to Wilt there.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Andre was 7'4", Wilt was 7'1". Andre is closer to the camera in that shot, look at his feet

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

TheKingslayer posted:

Andre is probably closer to 6'11 or 7 judging his standing next to Wilt there.

ehh perspective and such, but otoh andre was pretty old and you do get shorter with age. ive def become an inch shorter.

idk if this one is photoshopped

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He's also drunk, being drunk makes you shorter

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Carthag Tuek posted:

ehh perspective and such, but otoh andre was pretty old and you do get shorter with age. ive def become an inch shorter.

Most people get shorter with age, but acromegaly sufferers like Andre never stop growing.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Data Graham posted:

He's also drunk, being drunk makes you shorter

Preposterous, Andre was never drunk. He was just always drinking.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I’m just glad Andre was popular enough and famous enough to build a house he could feel comfortable in. It had to be an absolute misery for him to travel anywhere and knowing he had a place that he could feel comfortable in makes me happy.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Robobot posted:

I’m just glad Andre was popular enough and famous enough to build a house he could feel comfortable in. It had to be an absolute misery for him to travel anywhere and knowing he had a place that he could feel comfortable in makes me happy.

yeah same. no door jambs to bump into, no blankets too short, your knees dont touch the door/wall when you take a poo poo.. most people dont appreciate how important those things are

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

but to be serious, the difference in their stature is 3+ inches. wilt is standing tall, andre is slouching (due to how physically hard it is being a actual giant). nothing wrong with either, but you cant judge true height by a snapshot

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yeah I'm not gonna judge someone as small because they were standing next to a guy whose last name was "The Giant."

I remember Arnold sharing a story about Andre. They both would insist on paying for dinner, and they had a dinner together. Arnold stood up to pay, at which point Andre clapped both hands on him, picked him up, and set him down in his chair like you might a toddler, then said, firmly, "I pay."

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Maybe Wilt is in heels.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Robobot posted:

Cary Elwes has a great story about riding Andre's 3 wheeled ATV on the set of Princess Bride. Andre was having trouble hoofing it around the hills on the remote sets, and he was too big for a golf cart. So they asked him how he gets around on his farm at home. He told them he cruises around on an ATV. So they brought one along for him and hijinks ensued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCgfL-CLoA4

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My personal favorite will always be Trump, who is visibly shorter than people who are 6' or 6'1"

So like any guy who's 5'11" he lies to get into the 6' club, but because it's Trump he doesn't just stop at 6', he says he's 6'3", while being absolutely dwarfed by athletes who are 6'3"and was shorter than Obama despite wearing his hilarious Tom Cruise heels.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Baron von Eevl posted:

Actually, it was Legéant

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Looking at that picture, Andre's arms are the size of Arnold's legs. The dude didn't do a chemical cocktail bodybuilding stuff, because he really didn't need to. Gigantism is a hell on the person suffering from it, especially later in life, but the guy is huge and has more natural strength than any normal-sized bodybuilder could ever hope for.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Id like to also add that being skinny and tall sometimes makes you look taller then say a burly/husky and tall.

But whatever, they're both tall dudes!

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

canyoneer posted:

Cary Elwes has a great story about riding Andre's 3 wheeled ATV on the set of Princess Bride. Andre was having trouble hoofing it around the hills on the remote sets, and he was too big for a golf cart. So they asked him how he gets around on his farm at home. He told them he cruises around on an ATV. So they brought one along for him and hijinks ensued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCgfL-CLoA4

What accent does he have now. What is that.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

freeedr posted:

Right? Isn't he English?!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

freeedr posted:

Transatlantic. He's English but has been living in America since he was 19.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Robobot posted:

Also, he had Hulk Hogan to carry his bags and to practice his beer can throwing skills on.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

And according to legends, Andre could deadlift at will any two other WWE wrestlers with his arms, like normal people would do when separating two fighting children.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Andre was 7'4", Wilt was 7'1". Andre is closer to the camera in that shot, look at his feet
andre’s billed wrestling height was 7’4. his real height was probably 7’ or so at his tallest, and less than that by the mid-80s.

For reference, here is a picture of him next to the 6’6ish Hulk Hogan

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Robobot posted:

It was.

There's a good documentary (a few actually) on Netlfix, Amazon and Youtube that touch on this a lot and how much of a double edge sword it was for him that the things that brought him wealth and fame bascially made his day to life a living hell at the same time. Andre seemed like a cool dude who made the most of the (enormously large) hand he was dealt in life but him simply doing anything that most of us consider normal, routine and a regular part of life was a round the clock hassle.

Just simple things like taking a poo poo, getting into a car, writing, using a phone, shopping for clothes, sleeping in a bed, eating (out or in) and even getting laid must have been like living on another planet for him.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
HBO's documentary about him is very good, and even manages to humanize Hogan a little bit. Not Vince, though, he's not human at all.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

There's also a good biographical comic about Andre that includes this little amusing behind the scenes bit from The Princess Bride

Baron von Eevl posted:

HBO's documentary about him is very good, and even manages to humanize Hogan a little bit. Not Vince, though, he's not human at all.

Yeah Hogan's an rear end in a top hat but Andre was his friend. There's an excerpt from the comic here which is a straight up interview with Hogan and he talks about how much life sucked for Andre in a lot of ways.

Gravitas Shortfall has a new favorite as of 00:20 on Feb 5, 2022

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

So like any guy who's 5'11" he lies to get into the 6' club

I have never lied about this, because imagine the embarrassment if someone checked with a measuring tape

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

ultrafilter posted:

Most people get shorter with age, but acromegaly sufferers like Andre never stop growing.

If they reach adulthood before their pituitary gland gets out of whack, they won't get taller, but their hands/feet/facial features will keep growing. Here's a video from the Mutter Museum about a man who had to get a heart transplant due to his acromegaly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXkt01jVxJ8. After he got his pituitary tumor removed, his limbs and tongue shrank, but his heart was too damaged.

article if you don't want to watch https://www.inquirer.com/health/a/mutter-museum-heart-acromegaly-exhibit-philadelphia-20211114.html

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I proudly stand at 5'11". The secret is to only hang out with 5'8" people. They'll tell everyone they're 5'10" and boom, I'm 6' with none of the lying.

Problem.
Solved.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Robobot posted:

I proudly stand at 5'11". The secret is to only hang out with 5'8" people. They'll tell everyone they're 5'10" and boom, I'm 6' with none of the lying.

Problem.
Solved.

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Phy posted:

I have never lied about this, because imagine the embarrassment if someone checked with a measuring tape

I say I am 6'0", but I honestly have no idea if I am or not. I don't believe I've been officially measured in my adult life.