Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

hatty posted:

Switch Pro insiders in tears

there is no switch pro only pros who own a switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yay five years of cloud based AAA releases (and cloud based remastered ps2 games apparently ahahaha) to look forward to!

I'm not actually salty about it because switch is my portable and PS5 is my big boi console. I like indies/overpriced ports unironically as long as they're not cloud based

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

hatty posted:

Switch Pro insiders in tears

I just want a proper Zelda themed one.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Are people actually mad they won't have to spend money on brand new hardware?

Plus I have too long a backlog to get into another system yet.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I would assume halfway through its life doesn't mean we're not getting a system for five more years. They always spend an extra few years after the next console comes out supporting the old system, even if just a bit.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ammat The Ankh posted:

im always looking for reasons to give nintendo money

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Momomo posted:

I would assume halfway through its life doesn't mean we're not getting a system for five more years. They always spend an extra few years after the next console comes out supporting the old system, even if just a bit.

PS2 ran 4 years into PS3.

So if 5 years is the halfway mark, that's 10 years.

10 years minus 4 years is 6.

Switch 2 confirmed for 2023.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

KingSlime posted:

Yay five years of cloud based AAA releases (and cloud based remastered ps2 games apparently ahahaha) to look forward to!

I'm not actually salty about it because switch is my portable and PS5 is my big boi console. I like indies/overpriced ports unironically as long as they're not cloud based

How many cell phones have you bought in the last 5 years

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

PS2 ran 4 years into PS3.

So if 5 years is the halfway mark, that's 10 years.

10 years minus 4 years is 6.

Switch 2 confirmed for 2023.

Someone tell Jason Schreier, he'll probably report it as fact no problem

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Yes, people are excited at the idea of a stronger switch considering that the switch is one of the best-selling consoles of all time

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 5, 2022

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Does anyone have any good tips for Escue in dread? This boss is a serious rear end in a top hat and I’ve died over a dozen times already. I can pattern out his attacks except for the loving missiles (?) and if I get get by one it throws me off and it immediately hits me with his charge attack.

I’ve tried watching YouTubers but they seem to dodge the attacks with ease. What am I missing?

*edit*

Ha as soon as I posted I took a step back, tried again, this time timed my rocket attacks “immediately “ after it charges which leaves it vulnerable for a second. It was still a near-run thing but managed to just outlast it. Wow that was a drastic increase in challenge - all the other bosses were not too bad.

Solaris 2.0 fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 5, 2022

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Does anyone have any good tips for Escue in dread? This boss is a serious rear end in a top hat and I’ve died over a dozen times already. I can pattern out his attacks except for the loving missiles (?) and if I get get by one it throws me off and it immediately hits me with his charge attack.

I’ve tried watching YouTubers but they seem to dodge the attacks with ease. What am I missing?

*edit*

Ha as soon as I posted I took a step back, tried again, this time timed my rocket attacks “immediately “ after it charges which leaves it vulnerable for a second. It was still a near-run thing but managed to just outlast it. Wow that was a drastic increase in challenge - all the other bosses were not too bad.

It's really not too bad if you are using the flash shift to dodge attacks.
Also tip for the next boss, use the storm missiles that you just got, seriously

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Item Getter posted:

It's really not too bad if you are using the flash shift to dodge attacks.
Also tip for the next boss, use the storm missiles that you just got, seriously

I NEVER figured out how to use the Flash Shift to dodge attacks. Got through the whole game never using it at all except to get through a door.

I just can't wrap my brain around it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Silver Falcon posted:

I NEVER figured out how to use the Flash Shift to dodge attacks. Got through the whole game never using it at all except to get through a door.

you...move out of the way? what's not to get

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Silver Falcon posted:

It's literally the same controls as dodge rolling in Dark Souls or similar games, just hit A + the direction you want to move. Also helpful to jump and do the flash shift in mid-air to make a long jump over a boss to dodge certain attacks.
Although I also didn't use it for anything but getting past doors until the boss of Elun which forced me to try to start using it in fights. Granted the game does not tutorialize it very well. It calls it a "combat ability" in the description but the point of the game where you get it the bosses don't demand fast dodging as much as later on. And the game puts a bunch of the flash shift doors in front of the first of the recurring fast bosses like it's obviously trying to remind you that the ability exists, but I still didn't really get it until a bit later.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
My brain seems to occasionally assume it can move through enemies because of the name and animation despite me knowing from copious experience that it doesn't

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Augus posted:

you...move out of the way? what's not to get

I ain't played a Dark Souls, I have poo poo reflexes, and I am bad at video games. My instinct to dodge an attack was to jump.

Item Getter posted:

It's literally the same controls as dodge rolling in Dark Souls or similar games, just hit A + the direction you want to move. Also helpful to jump and do the flash shift in mid-air to make a long jump over a boss to dodge certain attacks.
Although I also didn't use it for anything but getting past doors until the boss of Elun which forced me to try to start using it in fights. Granted the game does not tutorialize it very well. It calls it a "combat ability" in the description but the point of the game where you get it the bosses don't demand fast dodging as much as later on. And the game puts a bunch of the flash shift doors in front of the first of the recurring fast bosses like it's obviously trying to remind you that the ability exists, but I still didn't really get it until a bit later.

It seemed to have a charge up time, which was mostly why I didn't use it in combat. I am also poo poo at timing. Sounds like it's easier to do than I was thinking, but I still got through the whole game without using it in combat. Not sure if that says more about the game or about me.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

for escue though i didn't find flash shift (or other horizontal movement) worked well against its stupid swarmy projectiles, it was much more consistent to get to the opposite side of the room and jump up and down. definitely one of the hardest attacks to dodge in the game.

School of How
Jul 6, 2013

quite frankly I don't believe this talk about the market
Whats the best way to get a Switch online subscription? You can buy one directly from Nintendo for 80 bux a year, or you can get a membership from ebay where you can join someone else's family plan for 15 bux a year. Is there another option?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

School of How posted:

Whats the best way to get a Switch online subscription? You can buy one directly from Nintendo for 80 bux a year, or you can get a membership from ebay where you can join someone else's family plan for 15 bux a month. Is there another option?

I believe there's a thread in SA Mart all about goons matching up with other goons to make family plans.

Edit: found it!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3983185

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 5, 2022

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

b_d posted:

for escue though i didn't find flash shift (or other horizontal movement) worked well against its stupid swarmy projectiles, it was much more consistent to get to the opposite side of the room and jump up and down. definitely one of the hardest attacks to dodge in the game.

This is what I ended up doing. I did use flash shift immediately after because I noticed Escue had a habit of doing it’s lunge attack immediately after it’s swarm missiles (but not always) which allowed me to get a missile or two in.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Has anyone else had an issue with their switch thinking the game cart was removed? Twice the last two months I've powered it up and told me the game was closed because the cart was removed and won't start the game again until eject and reinsert.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I've had it happen before. But only like 4 or 5 times and I've got a launch switch.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Has anyone else had an issue with their switch thinking the game cart was removed? Twice the last two months I've powered it up and told me the game was closed because the cart was removed and won't start the game again until eject and reinsert.

Not on its own, no. Also launch model Switch.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If I'm transferring my Switch account from an old one to an OLED can I just pop my memory card out of the old one and put it in the new one to transfer games and stuff? Or will it be formatted and I'll have to redownload everything?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Sakurazuka posted:

If I'm transferring my Switch account from an old one to an OLED can I just pop my memory card out of the old one and put it in the new one to transfer games and stuff? Or will it be formatted and I'll have to redownload everything?

Pretty sure it made me redownload every digital game after just a factory reset. Hope you have some free time.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You have to redownload everything. Took me three days.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Protip: only download the game you want to play.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

If you have a micro sd adapter, you can put the card in your computer, copy all the data, stick it in the OLED to format it, then put it in the computer again and copy everything back over.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

American McGay posted:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

American McGay posted:

Download all the games. Got it.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
You have to buy every game on the eshop and download them all to unlock the secret ending to Nintendo Switch OS

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Nep-Nep posted:

You have to buy every game on the eshop and download them all to unlock the secret ending to Nintendo Switch OS

It's a trailer for the Switch Pro

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Upgraded my launch switch to the OLED and I’m blown away. The bigger screen makes a huge difference. The colors are so vibrant and just pop on screen.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Started happening to me about a year ago, eventually it stopped recognizing carts entirely. I only bought a few early games on cartridge before I got a decent sd card so I haven't bothered getting it fixed

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Switch with Hori Pad is pretty equal with Steam Deck, I can't play without the Pads so this is pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/NevereverES/status/1489730693378752516?s=20&t=ZgFVtkTpco0DNCsCAFUPzw

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

BOTW is the ultimate time killer. The OLED switch fits perfectly in my coat pocket. I have to take a car ride, shuttle, flight, and bus in one day, twice a month, and it's nothing, when you have a world that you can be fully immersed in for hundreds of hours.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
drat yep that tweet really highlights how much OLED owns, I'm sure the deck has a nice perfectly enjoyable screen but the contrast is stark

La pantalla is in fact muy sublime

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

KingSlime posted:

drat yep that tweet really highlights how much OLED owns, I'm sure the deck has a nice perfectly enjoyable screen but the contrast is stark

La pantalla is in fact muy sublime

e: nm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Never got into Hades on my PC but drat if it isn't amazing on the small screen.