Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is so stupid but it always makes me laugh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MZ-zpGmfjs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

priznat posted:

The music is pretty fun with a lot of deep cuts, James Gunn style. I enjoyed the Bang Camaro tune showing up in one ep.

yeah the music is great

spoiler territory for latest ep, i'm wondering about all the double crossing and stuff - so murn waned goff dead, but seemed to be on the same side as the new head cop guy, and said the diary was safe with him. but then when goff got into the lady cop at the end of episode, the chief is going after peacemaker now. so is there actually a split in the butterflies or is that some scheme or something? the villains seem pretty incompetent a lot of the time so who knows

Mozi fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 5, 2022

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Peacemaker: last episode was a great setup for a massive bloodbath between nazis and body snatching aliens but I'm still mad that Sophie got butterflied

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Space Kablooey posted:

Death blow sounds like a regular generic 80s botw garbage, but since this one had enough budget for Jason Statham and Channing Tatum, I think it will be just boring. Rest looks just bad.

E: nevermind the embed cut off the first row. Chunnel has to be the worst of the bunch

I'd watch a Death Wish and Low Blow crossover.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

super sweet best pal posted:

shoots a creep in the back
car won't start
gets arrested
the end

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Mozi posted:

yeah the music is great

spoiler territory for latest ep, i'm wondering about all the double crossing and stuff - so murn waned goff dead, but seemed to be on the same side as the new head cop guy, and said he dairy was safe with him. but then when goff got into the lady cop at the end of episode, the chief is going after peacemaker now. so is there actually a split in the butterflies or is that some scheme or something? the villains seem pretty incompetent's a lot of the time so who knows

Okay, so basically:

Murn is part of a faction of butterflies that doesn't want to infest humans. No idea how many of these there are, or if Murn is the only one (presumably if there are other ones would just be in their tiny space-ships chilling). Goff leads the butterflies who want to take over humans. That chief of police guy was actually a secret agent installed by Murn in the episode just before this one. He was presumably somebody that human-Murn knew during his "being an awful killer" days, and he was meant to try and shut down the investigation into Peacemaker. That effort would have worked if detective-lady hadn't personally known that one judge who was able to go over the new Chief of Police's head.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

LanceHunter posted:

Okay, so basically:

Murn is part of a faction of butterflies that doesn't want to infest humans. No idea how many of these there are, or if Murn is the only one (presumably if there are other ones would just be in their tiny space-ships chilling). Goff leads the butterflies who want to take over humans. That chief of police guy was actually a secret agent installed by Murn in the episode just before this one. He was presumably somebody that human-Murn knew during his "being an awful killer" days, and he was meant to try and shut down the investigation into Peacemaker. That effort would have worked if detective-lady hadn't personally known that one judge who was able to go over the new Chief of Police's head.

Yeah I was a bit surprised, I thought Goff was gonna be cooler now that he chilled with Peacemaker. I suspect we'll see that the butterflies can also release the humans from control but in some way that makes Peacemaker killing all of the folks even worse, lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mozi posted:

i tried Les Mis and i gotta say it's by far the best comic book thing i've watched in a long time. i don't know jack about any of the characters and i've never watched either suicide squad. but it's good. i like the song

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

honestly yeah i came around on it

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

priznat posted:

Yeah I was a bit surprised, I thought Goff was gonna be cooler now that he chilled with Peacemaker. I suspect we'll see that the butterflies can also release the humans from control but in some way that makes Peacemaker killing all of the folks even worse, lol

I suspect Goff was just trying to talk his way out of captivity, as it realized that it was clearly much smarter than Peacemaker and could manipulate him. But then it didn't account for the fact that Peacemaker and Vigilante are kinda idiots and there was no way to communicate with them sufficiently. As for if the butterflies can release people, I'm torn on predicting that. Do you thing that Gunn cares more about going for the black comedy of having all of Peacemaker's killings be even more pointless, or just wants to stick to his love of weird body-horror alien infestations?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I watched the Surviving Edged Weapons episode and I finally got the joke Mike was making about Jimmy The Scot Jordan being a US representative. Never thought to connect him to that dick Gym Jordan

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

LanceHunter posted:

Okay, so basically:

yeah but the police chief was definitely already a bug in the woods right? he was acting weird beforehand. maybe he was re-bugged by a bad bug or something when the swarm invaded the station?

vvv oh right i'm remembering that phone call now

Mozi fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 5, 2022

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Mozi posted:

yeah but the police chief was definitely already a bug in the woods right? he was acting weird beforehand. maybe he was re-bugged by a bad bug or something when the swarm invaded the station?

Nah, he was weird in the woods because he was a psycho killer secret agent just pretending to be a police chief. The team is apparently cut off from all of the normal Task Force X resources since they're in deep cover, so the only person Murn could call was someone human-Murn had known, and human-Murn was apparently a very evil guy.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Considering they burrow a little cocoon directly where the brain stem goes, everybody they take over is immediately dead, they've mentioned the dead people part a couple times now I think, though they have access to their memories.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tom Hooper pushes a music analysis youtuber over the edge, part one of two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3aK-EK5V2k

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
and I'M javier!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The breakdown in that Cats video over the way they would alternate between live music, click tracks and prerecorded takes on the fly is absolutely loving insane and you can see that the on set composer wants to loving murder Hooper.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

The breakdown in that Cats video over the way they would alternate between live music, click tracks and prerecorded takes on the fly is absolutely loving insane and you can see that the on set composer wants to loving murder Hooper.

they hosed up all the mocap on set as well

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'll never unsee cat-rebel wilson's performance

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Everyone was jumping all over Cats and it felt like the typical pile on where people all run a joke about a bad movie into the ground.

But oh no.

Oh no.

It’s truly bad. Horrifying. Just absolutely mind blowingly awful and like watching scenes from a play in hell.

If anything, I mean this honestly, the internet didn’t dogpile on this movie enough

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Watching Nobody on HBO

I'm so disappointed that it's just John Wick. I was really hoping that between Odenkirk and the fact it's filed under comedy that they'd be kinda spoofing the subgenre.

Like imagine a movie that starts the same way as Nobody / John Wick / Taken / etc., but instead of the elite top assassin or whatever the guy really is just some schmuck and it keeps escalating to where he's, with just a bit of cleverness and luck, haphazardly killing his way through the Russian mob.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it;s poo poo, hated it

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
yeah i got until partway through the bus fight and thought, if this is when the movie is supposed to really grab me then i'll just stop here. i'm a big bob fan, oh well. should have done the movie as the kind of schmucky character he was in some mr show sketches

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Thinking of what was lost by not having a final showdown where the mob boss gives his big speech about how his empire has collapsed and the nobody is like "I don't even know who you are, this was just an accident"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Thanks to the guy who watched Master and Commander the other day Ive decided to watch it again tonight. By far Russell Crowe's best movie. Lol at his Javert fuckup for Les Mis.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Before the big bad you have the #2, the top hench, the Oddjob.

Joe Schmoe is in some ornate office with huge floor to ceiling windows, getting his rear end beat by the blue-haired japanese lady in stilettos and skin tight leather. As she's taunting him, thinking he's also some god-level assassin, he just tries to wriggle away on his stomach and clutches one of the drapes, and when he pulls on it the curtain rod slips out of the bracket and spears her in the head.

I mean, for gently caress's sake, this premise writes itself.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Master and Commander whips all the rear end and everyone should be watching it.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Mozi posted:

yeah i got until partway through the bus fight and thought, if this is when the movie is supposed to really grab me then i'll just stop here. i'm a big bob fan, oh well. should have done the movie as the kind of schmucky character he was in some mr show sketches

this is basically how I felt and the same point where I quit

literally stopped halfway through the bus fight

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I watched all of Nobody and agree. The movie doesn’t need to exist. Although i will say apart from the bus fight the only other scene that was memorable was when he was on the phone with the bad guy giving him the option to walk away, and the smile he had when of course the bad guy didn’t. That was pretty funny. Otherwise, snore. Didn’t even have the wacky secret underground society that John Wick had going for it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Master and Commander whips all the rear end and everyone should be watching it.

watched it last week. still goat season. one of the all-timers

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dr. Thoss posted:

1. Aleta: Vampire Mistress

I grabbed this because it seems to be a vanity project. It's not quite the ideal black tank-top vanity project trifecta of writer/director/star, but she's an executive producer, a producer, the star and has a story credit! IMDB has the genre listed as
Action Fantasy Horror Musical Thriller. When I bounced through, some bits did look like a music video. Be prepared for total, self-indulgent vanity nonsense! Also gratuitous boobs. I'm hoping for a Diamond Cobra vs the White Fox, but I've got something else lined up if it turns out to be another Witchcraft.

A character named Tom Brady is in this movie.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

can someone give me an example of nepotism gone right? talentless hacks like Tom hooper, Alex kurtzman and Sofia coppola give me diarrhea but maybe there's at least one example of family connections allowing an actual artist to thrive

Nick cage doesn't count because he changed his name and deliberately distanced himself from his heritage (allegedly)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

kalel posted:

can someone give me an example of nepotism gone right? talentless hacks like Tom hooper, Alex kurtzman and Sofia coppola give me diarrhea but maybe there's at least one example of family connections allowing an actual artist to thrive

Nick cage doesn't count because he changed his name and deliberately distanced himself from his heritage (allegedly)

Colin Hanks is p good (we don’t talk about Chet)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The current crop like Maya Hawke, Emma Roberts, etc. seem to be doing okay.

It's also been a minute since we had a full-blown fully hosed up child star burnout.

Like in the 90s half of the Game of Thrones and Stranger Things kids would have been arrested for heroin or killing a cop by this point.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Dying at the Marshawn Lynch episode of Murderville

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

kalel posted:

his first role was in rumble fish, a movie directed by his uncle francis (ford coppola)

then he whined and begged until his uncle cast him as one of the leads in peggy sue got married

on that movie he performed his character with a very strange voice that he himself described as pokey from gumby, everyone hated it but he refused to back down and somehow he wasn't fired

just normal non-nepotism, I'm sure any new actor would get the same treatment

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

priznat posted:

Colin Hanks is p good (we don’t talk about Chet)

I like colin hanks sometimes in things but I can't stand him as himself on podcasts

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Bryce Dallas Howard has done pretty well with her directing for Star Wars stuff.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

PostNouveau posted:

Dying at the Marshawn Lynch episode of Murderville

He was having a great time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Leslie Mann. She can hold up her end in a bit role and supporting in a pinch, but you'd have to be out of your mind to consider her able to hold up as a lead.