Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Oh I see what you mean. Yeah we figured out what went wrong, which is why we were able to pass it a few pulls later despite two deaths (though that was EXTREMELY close).

I'm pretty sure the parse was left unlisted due to all the grey numbers it generated. At least I managed a 19 on that pull! (our goon pulled a 50 because he's a fuckin hero)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Bleck posted:

...why?

Think about it this way. If I reduced your cast and recast time by 50%, I would actually be doubling the number of spells you could cast in a given time, which amounts to a 100% increase to your casting speed. A 99% reduction to your GCD would allow you to cast spells a hundred times as fast, accelerating you by 9900%.

You can just divide your default GCD by your new GCD (or divide 100% by whatever the new, reduced percentage is, which in Leylines's case is 85%) to determine the percent increase in speed (you get 1.176..., which represents a little over a 17.6% increase).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Thundarr posted:

Oh I see what you mean. Yeah we figured out what went wrong, which is why we were able to pass it a few pulls later despite two deaths (though that was EXTREMELY close).

I'm pretty sure the parse was left unlisted due to all the grey numbers it generated. At least I managed a 19 on that pull! (our goon pulled a 50 because he's a fuckin hero)

hiding gray parses is cowardice

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

:emptyquote:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
anyone who knows my character name is welcome to the information that I'm abysmal at P3S

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

anyone who knows my character name is welcome to the information that I'm abysmal at P3S

look at this dude humblebragging about their purple pa--OH LMAO

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Ferrinus posted:

Think about it this way. If I reduced your cast and recast time by 50%, I would actually be doubling the number of spells you could cast in a given time, which amounts to a 100% increase to your casting speed. A 99% reduction to your GCD would allow you to cast spells a hundred times as fast, accelerating you by 9900%.

You can just divide your default GCD by your new GCD (or divide 100% by whatever the new, reduced percentage is, which in Leylines's case is 85%) to determine the percent increase in speed (you get 1.176..., which represents a little over a 17.6% increase).

Huh. Math!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i'm gonna retire with a 1 on my Hesperos permanent record which is honestly the only way to go out

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Kaubocks posted:

i'm gonna retire with a 1 on my Hesperos permanent record which is honestly the only way to go out

I've got a 1 on Hippokampos and I'm proud of it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

blastron posted:

I've got a 1 on Hippokampos and I'm proud of it.

:hfive:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
a 1 means you still contributed enough dps to avoid enrage

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

cheetah7071 posted:

Well if you're gonna be like that. :colbert:

https://www.fflogs.com/reports/FHhd4GQCvc6bzmXR/#type=damage-done&fight=14

iirc our main issues that pull were some potions that should have been used were not used, and we had decided to try delaying the 6 min burst window until after Pinax 2 resolved. While that kept everybody alive by reducing mental strain, the problem is that's a *big* delay. To the point where it doesn't just feel bad, you also end up leaving some damage on the floor entirely as a result.

On the clear run we just hit the burst window when it came up. I know my own button pushing during the 2 and 6 minute windows are sloppy as hell but at least I've gotten to the point where I usually don't die by Technical Stepping in the middle of a Pinax.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

a 1 means you still contributed enough dps to avoid enrage

well
it means someone did

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
My whole static is a bunch of greens and grays. But they're still victories on the scoreboard. Kill bosses, practice, get better. That's all there is to it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Parsing high is obviously not a bad thing but the content really isn't designed around the idea of playing to perfection except maybe for day-1 clears. If you can clear the fight then you can clear the fight and from there it's just a matter of getting better at it over time.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

blastron posted:

I'm personally less interested in the actual numbers and more interested in looking at the timeline to see what happened and checking xivanalysis to see if someone in your party was making significant mistakes, so if you don't mind posting a direct link instead of just the screenshot that would be very helpful. (Completely understandable if you'd rather not, though.)

I'd bet that you had a combination of damage downs from fuckups that you survived due to good mitigation and a lot of downtime due to unlucky combinations of mechanics that you weren't prepared for. Another possibility is that everyone's raid buffs went out of sync with burst windows, since Pinax happens at 2 and 6 minutes in and it's completely reasonable for someone to forget to hit a button while trying to figure out the mechanic.

My PF managed it yesterday by not soaking one of the act 4 towers and the entire raid eating a damage down. Still managed to get it to <1%.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don't parse super high as my Reaper... I figured this was due to just the number of people playing Reaper which meant just a lot of competition. I'd love to do better though, but I'm not sure what I'm doing "wrong" to parse as low as I do.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I don't parse super high as my Reaper... I figured this was due to just the number of people playing Reaper which meant just a lot of competition. I'd love to do better though, but I'm not sure what I'm doing "wrong" to parse as low as I do.

Paste one of your logs into here: https://xivanalysis.com/ It will analyze things like downtime, buffs/debuffs falling, bad weaves, and various other factors.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Paste one of your logs into here: https://xivanalysis.com/ It will analyze things like downtime, buffs/debuffs falling, bad weaves, and various other factors.

Do note that this is... call it "very enthusiastic". Things like labeling one part :siren:MAJOR:siren: means it has a big effect to get it right, not necessarily a sign of how often you got it wrong.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i like how it labels deaths as "morbid"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Do note that this is... call it "very enthusiastic". Things like labeling one part :siren:MAJOR:siren: means it has a big effect to get it right, not necessarily a sign of how often you got it wrong.

Also note that it is assuming things are largely going well/there is some trust in the other people you are playing with. It complains a lot about overhealing for example but that's a lot harder to avoid when you're dealing with a rando healer vs someone in a static.

It's a good way to get some ideas of how to improve but don't like panic if it starts yelling at you

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yep, definitely not perfect, but at a glance it should show you if there are thing in your control that you can work on.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Magres posted:

I think the rewards are marginally different because I believe your base rewards for win vs loss are different, but the daily bonus for doing it as your roulette utterly dwarf the base rewards.

I could be wrong about the base rewards, but I'm pretty sure the roulette reward is something like 10x as big as the base reward so just wander around with a blob and shoot things, or play tank and try to golf swing people off cliffs, doing your best Arnold Palmer cosplay is a riot

Pretty sure places 1/2/3 give 1000/750/500 wolf marks respectively. Daily bonus is 1000.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Man I know the lotto system is coming but they still have got to come up with something to fix the regular way of getting a house. Like if you wanna have it be this awful RNG thing with a hidden timer, they need to have the window be way shorter or something. Not at some point within 24 hours. I dunno. I don't have any solutions but it's impossible to get a house when it goes up and I just can't keep wasting my days off clicking on a sign. The lotto is a neat idea as an alternative but I'm just assuming I'll never win the lotto anyway. They just have to do something beyond the lotto

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Everything is going to be lottery based isn't it? Adding a second thing would just split the housing even more I feel.

Lotto is going to be a disaster though, I feel.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
No there's gonna be separate lottery wards

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh, ok. Yeah, in that case I think they need to not allow home owners to have an advantage over the people without land for the new wards. Not sure what they could really do differently though, the current system sucks but what other option is there.

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
Some percentage of wards will remain FFA but not a lot, and it may be individually adjusted per house, even, subdivided in ward. Possibly just by ward but the last statements had a bit of wriggle room from what I understand. The live letter will have more details.

The NA housing alerts discord has a pretty detailed FAQ with what we currently know: https://discord.gg/ffxivhousing

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

arent they turning off instant relocation for everything at least?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I was under that impression, but I can't say for sure.

I think it would be cool if they left relocation on for FCs, or gave FCs first dibs in some new wards.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Whoa, thats a cool site. thanks!

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
Instant relocation is off and has been off since 6.0 hit, for better or for worse.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Whoa, thats a cool site. thanks!

sometimes it's fun to parse a really bad trial run and put it in there just to see it say things like "your white mage needs to use more GCDs" when the random person was only doing something every 10 seconds

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

P3S prog in PF has taught me that every single Adds PF (and sometimes even beyond that) is actually a numbers PF.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I really wanted to clear this tier with a purple in every fight except E2S which'd stay green but then we went and had a good pull a week ago 😔

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tekopo posted:

P3S prog in PF has taught me that every single Adds PF (and sometimes even beyond that) is actually a numbers PF.

my static is on the healer tethers mechanic but we need to sub two people tomorrow and i am NOT excited about finding two randos who can clear adds (and everything before) reliably enough to actually get to practice

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tekopo posted:

I call it the two mechanic rule. Every party is two mechanics behind the requested competency.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

cheetah7071 posted:

I call it the two mechanic rule. Every party is two mechanics behind the requested competency.

This is why I put fresh prog for P3S. So people know I want a P2S clear.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

cheetah7071 posted:

In novice network last night, I described the effect as creating a PF with an aspirational description of what part of the fight you're on. They seemed to like that phrasing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Pulled the 84 trial in trial roulette today. Last time I played it, I wiped for 90 minutes in a group, then in my next group, I put a marker on my character and told everyone to follow my lead. That was for EW and I haven’t done the fight in the month or two since. This time, no wipes and one shot easily with no marker lead on my head. Did people learn the trial, or is this due to me having recently transferred to a new data center? I left Crystal for Primal