Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
https://twitter.com/caseyjohnston/status/1488889083296464904

Lmao CAA is absolutely getting their rich clients into this poo poo where they have a clear conflict of interest.

Just agents getting their clients into ponzi scheme poo poo, how could it go wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
As stupid NFTs go that at least looks nicer than a lovely ape.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Hmm, chuds despise Brie Larson but absolutely love stupid dipshit NFT and crypto garbage. They’re gonna be real torn on this one.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

At least we're seeing the continued trend of every single reply making fun of NFTs

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

BrianWilly posted:

I did think it was somewhat surprising that Kingo, a guy who seems very invested and involved with humanity and in fact has a human friend right there with him, was the one who opted out of saving humanity instead of, like, Thena or Gilgamesh or whoever else had been living out in the desert for years. Like, what did he say to his valet the exact second he walked out on the others? "Super sorry to you and all that you love, but you have to die according to my religion"?

Sort of. He loved his family and he loved humanity but he didn't want to fight his family. It might sound a little cowardly but it's reasonable.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

AngryBooch posted:

https://twitter.com/caseyjohnston/status/1488889083296464904

Lmao CAA is absolutely getting their rich clients into this poo poo where they have a clear conflict of interest.

Just agents getting their clients into ponzi scheme poo poo, how could it go wrong

They're absolutely paying their clients to pretend to give a poo poo about these things

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gaunab posted:

Sort of. He loved his family and he loved humanity but he didn't want to fight his family. It might sound a little cowardly but it's reasonable.

Yea, Kingos reasoning made sense and he clearly states it clearly in the movie. I've seen to many people complaining that he just vanishes which suggests they either didn't watch the movie and are just copying what they saw on cinema sins or they just weren't paying attention.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Gaunab posted:

Yyyea but ultimately fighting "his family" amounts to actually just fighting Ikaris, a dipshit, and Sprite, a shorter dipshit. Meanwhile Karun's family can get wrecked I guess.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
He’s been family with Ikaris and Sprite for thousands of years . . .

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He also flat out says Ikaris is his hero.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
And he was going to fight Sersei and them, not Ikaris and Sprite. He didn't want to do that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

He's also pretty clear on where he stands and why. I mean sure he cares about his valet and humanity, but as far as he's concerned God himself said they need to go and Cersei's team is fighting against that. If you knew for a fact God existed and had been guiding you for thousands of years you might have trouble deciding to go against him

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

twistedmentat posted:

And he was going to fight Sersei and them

Opopanax posted:

Cersei's team

I know it looks quite dumb, but it's Sersi.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

theironjef posted:

I know it looks quite dumb, but it's Sersi.

I'm not convinced, Jeff.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I think its Cersy, Geoff

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Look, blame Jack Kirby for that. Same reason it's Darkseid.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

I called him Darkseed my entire life until I watched a bootleg of Whedon's Justice League or whatever where they said it out loud.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's Doug Side.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I called him Darkseed my entire life until I watched a bootleg of Whedon's Justice League or whatever where they said it out loud.

Same, but I think it was the Superman cartoon where I heard it pronounced first

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

What did I do to earn the ire of all these Joes.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Joes and Jeffs are natural enemies

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
just watched venom 2. all the Cletus stuff was bleh but "gently caress that guy!" is probably the best post battle quip in a hero movie ever

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Jack Kirby was good at many things, but names were not one.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Aphrodite posted:

Jack Kirby was good at many things, but names were not one.

Are you kidding me? Big Barda? Mister Miracle?? Granny Goodness??? Stompa???? Jack Kirby was better at names than basically anyone other than Stan. That being said, I am curious as to what his aim was with "Similar to existing mythology, but a lil different" stylization for the Eternals, considering the a lot of the mythological figures already existed in the 616

Incidentally I knew it was "Dark-side" from Super Friends reruns

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

theironjef posted:

What did I do to earn the ire of all these Joes.

There can only be two 3 letter J names at once.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

OnimaruXLR posted:

Are you kidding me? Big Barda? Mister Miracle?? Granny Goodness??? Stompa???? Jack Kirby was better at names than basically anyone other than Stan. That being said, I am curious as to what his aim was with "Similar to existing mythology, but a lil different" stylization for the Eternals, considering the a lot of the mythological figures already existed in the 616

For every one of those there's a Darkseid and a Forager.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Darkseid has it bad, but it could be worse. Look at poor Ra's Al Ghul where they screwed up how to pronounce his name in the movies.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm not a hundred percent on this but I'm pretty sure Eternals wasn't originally set in the main Marvel universe, like it was a pitch Kirby had handy for a book or a cartoon somewhere and Marvel happened to be the one who bit. so the first series has some kind of token "these guys are SHIELD agents" nods and also a "cosmic powered Hulk robot," but not Thor swooping in to be like "sooth, tis Thena, who is not Athena, who I have met, but did inspire tales of Athena, who, again, also exists here"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

Darkseid has it bad, but it could be worse. Look at poor Ra's Al Ghul where they screwed up how to pronounce his name in the movies.

See the thing there is it's not a name. It's a phrase in a real language. People stubbornly insisting on the wrong one is kind of lovely.

Raysh is wrong. Roz is also wrong, but closer than Raysh.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

We had a guy at the store who always pronounced it 'Racer Cool' so that's what we called him.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

See the thing there is it's not a name. It's a phrase in a real language. People stubbornly insisting on the wrong one is kind of lovely.

Raysh is wrong. Roz is also wrong, but closer than Raysh.

Denny O'Neil says it's "Raysh", so it's "Raysh".

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

my favorite spice mix, raysh el hanout

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Karma Tornado posted:

I'm not a hundred percent on this but I'm pretty sure Eternals wasn't originally set in the main Marvel universe, like it was a pitch Kirby had handy for a book or a cartoon somewhere and Marvel happened to be the one who bit. so the first series has some kind of token "these guys are SHIELD agents" nods and also a "cosmic powered Hulk robot," but not Thor swooping in to be like "sooth, tis Thena, who is not Athena, who I have met, but did inspire tales of Athena, who, again, also exists here"

It was always supposed to be a comic but yeah, it was outside the Marvel Universe. The Hulk that shows up is a Hulk robot that some college students built that the Uni-Mind makes real via cosmic radiation.

(I mean yeah, Marvel Comics is a company inside 616 but it's clear from the language that all the Marvel characters are fiction here)

Ultimately it was very much like the New Gods where Kirby really didn't want to do superheroes but the company was very much in the superhero business. Then after the series got canned with some dangling plot threads, years later Roy Thomas came in and wrapped them up during his Thor run which means... well there's Thor now so welcome to the Marvel Universe, Eternals, hope you survive the experience.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 5, 2022

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

Denny O'Neil says it's "Raysh", so it's "Raysh".

Do you also pronounce the guy from Street Fighter's name Rye-Oo still?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I pronounce it 류

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Do you also pronounce the guy from Street Fighter's name Rye-Oo still?

That's not how the creator and person who named the character says it's pronounced, so no.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess we gotta tell 250 million people their language is wrong because a white man said so.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Aphrodite posted:

I guess we gotta tell 250 million people their language is wrong because a white man said so.

This is how we got The Last Airbender.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

JT Smiley posted:

This is how we got The Last Airbender.

The only thing good about TLA is the score.

Despite the original creators leaving, I'm interested in the Netflix adaptation based solely on the casting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

hiddenriverninja posted:

The only thing good about TLA is the score.

The end credits were nice. Artistically, I mean, though the fact that they were the end credits helped. They were also the only time the 3D in that movie looked decent. If I hadn't been there with my cousins I absolutely would have walked out of that one, God what an awful movie.