Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

he looks..soggy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Amazing how they started strong with Scott Shaw then just never captured the same magic ever again.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Looper posted:

this is very cool and also far too flattering to ron lim

Thankfully I have a supplemental image for exactly this situation...

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

KingKalamari posted:

Huh, that Knuckles doesn't look that bad-

*Scrolls down*

Oh.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, who exactly was “Many Hands” anyway? Was it just a pen name for a collection of artists or was that actually someone’s real name?

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Many_Hands

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That’s what I figured (though the artstyle doesn’t really seem to match any of the other normal artists for the comic that much).

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Larryb posted:

That’s what I figured (though the artstyle doesn’t really seem to match any of the other normal artists for the comic that much).

It's been a long time since I looked into it, but my recollection is that the development of the comic was an unremitting clusterfuck.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

It's been a long time since I looked into it, but my recollection is that the development of the comic was an unremitting clusterfuck.

Isn’t the “art” on a bunch of the pages just completely blank because it’s in a blizzard? Great stuff.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Isn’t the “art” on a bunch of the pages just completely blank because it’s in a blizzard? Great stuff.

Yeah, there was one issue where multiple pages were just blank panels with speech bubbles

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Feb 4, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Iirc there's a theory that Many Hands was the editor giving this drawing thing a go

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Looper posted:

the first half owns because it's either bizarre penders nonsense, bizarre pun storms from the heathcliff author's cousin, or the bizarre compromises bollers tries to make between them

the second half owns because by that point all the staff are sonic fans instead of boomers and it's just plain good

they owned.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

quote:

There was a bit of a dispute among writers Karl Bollers and Ken Penders as to what they should name Knecapeon. Karl wanted the name to be Kneecaps, but Ken preferred Mace, and made it canon first in a Mobius:25 Years Later storyline. As a compromise, when Karl wrote Return to Angel Island, he made Kneecaps a nickname.

kneecap is knuckles brother btw

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Discendo Vox posted:

Much like every other aspect of the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Amazing how they started strong with Scott Shaw then just never captured the same magic ever again.

what? scott shaw's art is very fluid and fun but lol at this, there's plenty of fantastic art in the sonic comic post issue 160

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the bad art owns because you can see the exact point where anime became popular and when the artists decided to copy the anime that is popular with the kids lol

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Feb 4, 2022

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the bad art owns because you can see the exact point where anime became popular and when the artists decided to copy the anime that is popular with the kids lol

shoutouts to the artist who liked tenchi

and the artist who liked dbz

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think DBZ looking guy was....Johnathan Gray? Might be off the mark, though.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

KingKalamari posted:

I'm pretty sure there's an eye disease that describes Sonic's condition but the name escapes me.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

kneecap is knuckles brother btw
If the gimmick is his brother be Knuckles But Lower Torso, then his name should be Proximal Interphalangeal Joints :colbert:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Is kneecaps an nft

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I think DBZ looking guy was....Johnathan Gray? Might be off the mark, though.

yes it is! his art is very vibrant and cartoony, sometimes way too much so, but it's usually clear he's having a good time and that counts for a lot. he even becomes assistant editor later

he also drew this sick super knuckles transformation in the same arc as that dbz pic

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the sonic comic is so good y'all

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Looper posted:

yes it is! his art is very vibrant and cartoony, sometimes way too much so, but it's usually clear he's having a good time and that counts for a lot. he even becomes assistant editor later

he also drew this sick super knuckles transformation in the same arc as that dbz pic

I react exactly like sonic in this pic every time someone posts panels from the comic.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I distinctly remember getting archie Sonic comics in the mail for a good while there--pretty sure that got me from around issue 20 to like...85, I think? It ruled, even the issues didn't as much.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Looper posted:

Sorry but that looks like poo poo.
Searching for his art now, it’s pretty drat awesome! Unfortunately for a while it was the worst goddamn thing. Textbook “western artist tries to copy anime without understanding how to draw anime” stuff. I’m trying to find that picture of Sally yelling at Sonic with her mouth twice the size of her head but I keep finding good covers he’s drawn.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sorry but that looks like poo poo.
Searching for his art now, it’s pretty drat awesome! Unfortunately for a while it was the worst goddamn thing. Textbook “western artist tries to copy anime without understanding how to draw anime” stuff. I’m trying to find that picture of Sally yelling at Sonic with her mouth twice the size of her head but I keep finding good covers he’s drawn.

this one?

moments before "the slap"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just thinkin about the hell that archie Sonic put poor Rotor through...

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Looper posted:

this one?

that's kinda messy and raw but also like. good. its pushing the expression really far. i dig it. if anything, the inking/color needs to be pushed to be a bit more rough and aggressive to match the pencils

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Looper posted:

this one?

Yeah that’s it. gently caress that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
archie sonic owns lmao

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Looper posted:

this one?

That's the only decent looking art that's been posted so far

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
That pink transforming knuckles rules actually, love the weird fukken eye, reminds me of fleetway supersonic. I like the cosmic marvel background, hey look its gohan again in the bottom corner too lol.

And yeah that sally is extremely good? Lotta energy and expression, its good to look at.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
From the examples I've seen of it, Gray's Sonic art is excessively off-model, but almost always in an enjoyable way.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

flavor.flv posted:

That's the only decent looking art that's been posted so far

tough crowd tough crowd.... alright, get a load of this

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Wow that's very rude of you to doxx me like that

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
nice sally nft

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Looper posted:

tough crowd tough crowd.... alright, get a load of this

Kintoborfest!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Looper posted:

Based of what's said on the "Thanks, Penders" Blog, that seems to be a reference to Megaman Zero 2 of all things which is neat.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/semifreqsonic/status/1490054281424162818?t=LvEepvFYAe-ek4zPLmbDbg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

That is very embarrassing.