Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lol just get an iPad , I read all my comics on it and it’s great

I have tried a non iPad tablet and the screen was poo poo and I've never had enough desire to go drop big $$$$ on an actual iPad to find out whether or not I can tolerate reading comics on a screen still

My guess is I will not be able to as I can't loving stand reading fiction on a non-e ink any more. iStrain much????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There’s no good non-iPad tablets. It’s a one-Horse race. Any one made past like 2016 will have a screen with great viewing angles and pixel density, you could pick up an Air 2 or 2016/2017 model second hand and it’ll be great for comics.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

infernal machines posted:

lol. What is this, Crisis on Infinite Cinematic Universes?

Now Sony has an MCU too?

Sony has been desperate for a ‘verse since they saw what MCU was doing, as evidenced by their leaked emails, but they have no licensed franchises worth spinning into a universe besides Spider-Man, his family and his villains

They were considering a 21 Jump Street-verse lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Zzulu posted:

Stretch powers look gross when photoreal people use them. It's like their superpower is "bodyhorror"

i argue that instead of being horror gross it could instead be funny gross. i mean come on who doesn't want to see a scene where the stretch person (Person Of Stretch (POS)) is doing something with his hands and one of his feet comes in from some impossible angle with a cup of coffee and he drinks it. This poo poo writes itself

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The first openly stretchy hero

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I mean if they have Doc Ock and Alfred Molina they could do Superior Spider-Man, I’ve been reading it and it’s not as bad as people made it out to be (it’s hilarious how 99% of the Fan Letters are negative and “I’ll never purchase Marvel Comics again!!!!”

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I loved Superior Spider-Man. Stupid rear end premise that for the first issue or so had me going “oh god this whole whole series as on sale for like 5 bucks and it was a waste” but it really picked the gently caress up fast

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Zzulu posted:

Stretch powers look gross when photoreal people use them. It's like their superpower is "bodyhorror"

https://i.imgur.com/Zp2hwFG.mp4

Vakal
May 11, 2008

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i argue that instead of being horror gross it could instead be funny gross. i mean come on who doesn't want to see a scene where the stretch person (Person Of Stretch (POS)) is doing something with his hands and one of his feet comes in from some impossible angle with a cup of coffee and he drinks it. This poo poo writes itself

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

clothing doesn't stretch like that. It looks dumb

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

They were considering a 21 Jump Street-verse lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftenN87QA_w

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

No. 6 posted:

clothing doesn't stretch like that. It looks dumb

UnStAbLe MoLeCuLeS!! :byodood:

The problem with stretchy folks is the immediate pervy thoughts some people get, apparently. Not me. Never me.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

giaaant womaan!!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

look if it's wrong to love people made of rubber, well then hell, I don't wanna be right

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Stretchy people looking goofy is why its fun, marvel backing down on ms marvel is a sign its going to be lovely. Cmon DC your time to shine and make a plastic man tv show

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
https://twitter.com/AniMat505/status/1488301435188092931

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1489582523357310979

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ben Wheatley directing Meg 2 is the weirdest poo poo ever.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

You cast Tom Kenny for Gepetto, but then Paulie Shore for Pinocchio. In 2022. Why?!!

Tom Kenny could play both and you’d get a way better result.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Meg 1 was weird with that sanitized for Chinese audiences feel.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Why is there like 3 different Pinocchio adaptations coming out this year

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

henkman posted:

He’s been dead long enough now that the family don’t get any royalties.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

henkman posted:

Public Domain character as long as you don’t get too close to the Disney version’s story or art style.

If you try searching for “Pinocchio movie,” it turns out there’s always someone making one every few years. When a big one is coming up, a few smaller studios probably crank one out trying to get that Asylum effect of tricking people into paying for theirs when they’re looking for the other one.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Public Domain character as long as you don’t get too close to the Disney version’s story or art style.

I think copyright is also waived if you cast a bad enough voice actor for the role.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

PostNouveau posted:

And X-Men and I think maybe Fantastic Four too
No X-Men and FF were 20th Century Fox, which is now owned by Disney, so they'll be making those soon.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Xmen and FF are the panic button they’ll soon be pressing after the flops of Phase 4

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Murdstone posted:

No X-Men and FF were 20th Century Fox, which is now owned by Disney, so they'll be making those soon.

oh yeah just looked and there is a Feige driven Fantastic Four in the works

good time for reed richards to show up and be the new tech genius

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1337200479063994368?t=iF2fQ5DJXvCYbsb7-RX0xg&s=19

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
hey im looking for notes on my incel super hero script

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Which was the most cringe attempt at "girl power" in a superhero film, Elektra's bland teenage girl with the super power of OCD that fights with magic mall jewelry, or Catwoman's big bad being an evil makeup lady with magic superpower makeup?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

The Atomic Virgin

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Not today, suicide!

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

The Meg 2 should be about a swarm of super large sharks. Give us 1000 megs.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd1eNS9HtXo

Content!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
CONTENT

https://youtu.be/cd1eNS9HtXo

Efb;

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Surprise content of Bruce Willis' paycheck movies!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh baby

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
This skit amuses me

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

X JAKK posted:

Which was the most cringe attempt at "girl power" in a superhero film,

Whatever the hell they were trying to say with Kristen Wigg in WW84

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

AARD VARKMAN posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfGi0vIx1qc

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

poisonpill posted:

Whatever the hell they were trying to say with Kristen Wigg in WW84

Yeah, it's either Kristen Wiig becoming a villain because she's not considered as pretty as WW, or the original Supergirl movie where SG and the evil magic lady basically fight over a man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Lmao @ the new content which was talked many times here :getin: