Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Kamrat posted:

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/alla-restriktioner-tas-bort-nasta-vecka

All restriction are getting lifted next week, this is confusing to me since new cases are really high still, I thought things would go back to "normal" after the wave was over but they're racing on ahead anyway. Guess they've noticed that people don't really care about restrictions any more or something and decided to make it official.

I think the point is that covid cases are high as f, but the number of seriously sick people has been steady through the entire peak. Skåne has had like, 6-12 persons in intensive care the entire winter, and that number has been almost completely steady and hasn't budged no matter if it's 5000 cases/day or 500.

I'm not sure if it's the right call, but that's what I imagine is the reasoning behind it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Kamrat posted:

Not many but they where there and not that many people cared anyway. I've been having ms teams meetings again since the cases went up again for example because of the new recommendations, speaking of, ms teams just sucks, I don't know why every drat gov. agency, förening and corporation insists on using it.

this sort of thing gets my tinfoil hat going

there *has got* to be some corrupt reason why the public is spending millions and millions on a bunch of microsoft office subscriptions

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

there *has got* to be some corrupt reason why the public is spending millions and millions on a bunch of microsoft office subscriptions

We're already waist deep in Microsoft, it's super easy to integrate into what you're already doing. I'm not sure if it's not just laziness and being in a hurry to get it going. Although I'm sure Microsoft has been proactive and helpful.

Meanwhile, large parts of the Danish state is using Skype, because teams is cloud and cloud is bad.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

V. Illych L. posted:

Outside of M$ history of anti-competitive behavior and fun stuff like how they stacked SIS to have ooxml (docx &c) become a standard it’s just being entrenched, making the IT janitors jobs easier, being the only one with Big Boy features, and of course Excel which powers the loving world

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

We've transitioned from Skype For Business (lol) to Teams and I don't mind it too much. However, we've disabled the majority of its fancy sharing and collaboration features because MS and its cloud don't play nice with GDPR so (lol again).

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

honestly at this point microsoft is necessary public infrastructure and should just be nationalised

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
All useful software should be seized by the people and made open source.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We went full Office 360 and Teams, but now lawyers across a lot of agencies are getting cold feet about the cloud so who knows if we'll be forced to switch back at some point.

Said lawyers tends to know nothing about IT which can be both a good and a bad thing. We were close to be banned from using e-mails during the initial scourge of the GDPR, lol.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

honestly at this point microsoft is necessary public infrastructure and should just be nationalised

Along with meta and Google, yeah.

But Schrems II is a fun thing in IT compliance right now. We're at a point where legally, it's pretty clearly not okay to use any cloud service owned by someone outside the EU, even if they set up a European subsidiary. But on the other hand, everything is being moved to the loving cloud, and not going along its becoming increasingly not viable, so we have all sorts of experts and lobbyists trying to say that maybe we can still use the cloud.

A good example in Denmark is Statens IT, which still uses Skype for Business, which is end of life and unsupported (and poo poo), but it's on premise.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

BonHair posted:

A good example in Denmark is Statens IT, which still uses Skype for Business, which is end of life and unsupported (and poo poo), but it's on premise.

I concur on the rather straightforward implications of Schrems II meaning a data controller putting GDPR protected data into Azure are a ticking audit bomb to a GDPR breach fine. Nothing I've seen stated by Microsoft about GDPR is worth a drat and Datatilsynet will *gently caress* you if there's a breach.

I am waving NIS 2 around at work and I got Legal's attention to the point I was asked to summarize the implications of being declared either Essential or Important so that they could brief management.

If you are Essential, you have to notify the competent authority of any significant incident or anything that could have had a significant impact on your operation within 24 hours. You also have to notify any customer of your services without undue delay so they can take mitigating steps. All in Articles 17-20 if I remember.

I could go into more depth but prefer to not blatantly doxx myself, my company or our customers. Any InfoSec types wanting to discuss NIS 2 can PM me, particularly in a DK context. We probably know the same people anyhow.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

As hinted at, I'm also in the infosec business in Denmark, which GDPR has made very comfy for people who can understand a bit of legal and a bit of computer. I'm also available for PM chats about NIS 2, NSIS, ISO27001, CIS, GDPR or whatever acronym for getting your poo poo together you have.

GDPR in general is a huge success in my opinion, in terms of getting companies to at least pretend to care about personal information. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than before.

I'm less optimistic about Datatilsynet actually dishing out meaningful fines, especially with going to court first. And I also feel like some companies are gambling on token effort or just plain not getting caught.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

fnox posted:

I guess Sweden also decided to join the open 'er up camp. Not like the measures were worth a drat anyway.
All the loving kids are getting omicron'ed it's really awesome. No you can't get them vaccinated. Because Reasons.

Rust Martialis posted:

I could go into more depth but prefer to not blatantly doxx myself, my company or our customers. Any InfoSec types wanting to discuss NIS 2 can PM me, particularly in a DK context. We probably know the same people anyhow.
The extent to which I'm knowledgeable about NIS/CIS/GDPR is "enough to tell people their poo poo's getting canned" and it's amazingly useful.

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 6, 2022

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

evil_bunnY posted:

All the loving kids are getting omicron'ed it's really awesome. No you can't get them vaccinated. Because Reasons.

Wait for real? omg

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

evil_bunnY posted:

Is there any approved vaccine for 0-5?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

working at a preschool and i think most if not all the kids have had covid at some point and some parents still send them there with cold symptoms which just loving owns love it so much

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Rust Martialis posted:

I don't think so, at least not in Sweden. There's a specific vaccine, Comirnaty, for 5-11 year-olds who are particularly at risk. Otherwise the general recommendations are that 0-11 year-olds shouldn't/won't get vaccinated. The reasons for this (according to FHM) are that children 1) don't get infected at a high enough rate and 2) don't suffer enough complications.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I'm in line for my third shot and I'm the only sucker who brought a mask.

Edit: at least at this vårdcentral they give Comirnaty (Pfizer) to everyone younger than 30.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Feb 6, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

anatomi posted:

I don't think so, at least not in Sweden. There's a specific vaccine, Comirnaty, for 5-11 year-olds who are particularly at risk. Otherwise the general recommendations are that 0-11 year-olds shouldn't/won't get vaccinated. The reasons for this (according to FHM) are that children 1) don't get infected at a high enough rate and 2) don't suffer enough complications.

I was looking at the SSI stats and 80% of 12-15 are vaccinated here in DK. Other stats tables show 80% of 10-19 year olds and 20% of 0-9 so somewhere in that mix of numbers is the 5-12 group. If you assume 0-4 and 5-9 are half the 0-9 group and almost none of the 0-4 are vaccinated that'd be about 40% in 5-9s.

I do not get why parents aren't having their eligible kids vaccinated the first possible day.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I wouldn't mind Teams as much if the client wasn't absolute garbage. Clicking Reply should not take a full second to bring up the input field. And every few weeks it corrupts itself and just gives errors when trying to log in until you uninstall and reinstall it.

Even the web client is less of a pain in the rear end to use.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Check-mate Putin, Farbror Blå has Sweden covered in case you try to invade Gotland. Häktet will be full to the brim with Russian mooks who don't know what the hell happened:

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf
En gång, efter ett antal missade avfarter, var jag nära till att invadera Danmark.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

quote:

MacAdder replies: "Why don't I take the place of the Duke of Wellington and kill the Prince?" Edmund Blackadder tells MacAdder that if he does this he will incur the wrath of the bailiffs. MacAdder thereby declines and leaves for Scotland with Miggins, foiling Blackadder's plan.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Groda posted:

En gång, efter ett antal missade avfarter, var jag nära till att invadera Danmark.

Ett öde värre än döden

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Rust Martialis posted:

Sweden's isn't vax'ing the 5-11 either. There's nothing for 0-5 yet, the latest trial wasn't effective enough at the proposed dosage so they went back to the drawing board.

watho posted:

working at a preschool and i think most if not all the kids have had covid at some point and some parents still send them there with cold symptoms which just loving owns love it so much
I think half the reason they're not testing out of healthcare anymore is they don't want people to sit at home waiting for the slow as balls PCRs to come back.

anatomi posted:

https://twitter.com/Edward_Blom/status/1490603429328302082
I love how no one is challenging this when Sweden's the only loving country in the EU to do this. We're just taking our kids abroad and vax'ing them.

The pandemic has truly opened my eyes to how little of a poo poo the govt gives.

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 8, 2022

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

evil_bunnY posted:

The pandemic has truly opened my eyes how little of a poo poo the govt gives.

:same:, but also like half the population or more at least.

Masks are no longer required at hospitals, even on oncology wards, and that's despite them being the last place that legally can mandate them if they were so inclined. One of the nurses treating my mom wasn't wearing one today, because, and I quote, "I'm vaccinated and already had it." It's not like there are thousands of reinfections every day or anything. Tons of people going through there basically have no immune system to speak of. Immunocompromised people have essentially been told to suck it up and just try to protect themselves, too bad if you die. They can isolate if they're able and pay out the nose for deliveries maybe, but what are they supposed to do when the people treating their illness throw all caution to the wind? It's loving mindboggling and compounded infinitely by the constant barrage of news stories telling you to simply ignore the numbers, that's what Brostrøm does!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cases spiked back up with the highest positivity rate ever and more people in ICU. Herd immunity!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Hurt immunity!

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

Cases spiked back up with the highest positivity rate ever and more people in ICU. Herd immunity!

Yeah, no poo poo...

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

heyyy i'm part of the omicron stats! finally my turn

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I think it's really nice that we finally defeated this virus and can open society up again. The pandemic is over. Mission accomplished :sweden:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

V. Illych L. posted:

F

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

V. Illych L. posted:

Sorry. Enjoy your four weeks of solid immunity or whatever, everybody wants it.

fnox
May 19, 2013

The pandemic has overall opened my eyes about Sweden. I think for the last like 4 years I've been in this honeymoon phase where I could excuse a lot of the flaws in governance, but then the pandemic came and it just demonstrated how ineffectual the Swedish government is when faced with a real crisis.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

fnox posted:

The pandemic has overall opened my eyes about Sweden. I think for the last like 4 years I've been in this honeymoon phase where I could excuse a lot of the flaws in governance, but then the pandemic came and it just demonstrated how ineffectual the Swedish government is when faced with a real crisis.

and you’ve dealt with migrationsverket…?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You mean migränsvärket?

Poil fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 8, 2022

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Queen has COVID.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
which one?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The 81-year-old one who's a life-long smoker, ol' Maggie.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SplitSoul posted:

The 81-year-old one who's a life-long smoker, ol' Maggie.
It’s Daisy, you pleb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It’s Daisy, you pleb.

I figured that moniker wasn't known to foreigners. :shrug: