Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im still heavily addicted to super turbo so its hard to find time to play other games lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Level 8. Let's go

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Made it to level 9 but with only one extra life

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Done

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

the stick is very powerful

yeah it is. if stage 4 is any indication i could use this primarily over throwing cards in non-boss non-autoscroller situations

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

mycophobia posted:

yeah it is. if stage 4 is any indication i could use this primarily over throwing cards in non-boss non-autoscroller situations

It's very useful in stage 8 but you can't rely on it 100% because it immobilizes you and you'll get crunched between the cat ghosts and the other enemies you can't sweep

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i can only make it to stage 6 boss without gaming over currently. snow lady is giving me a lot of trouble but i think i have the demon guy figured out. getting back there is going to be much smoother now though

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

mycophobia posted:

i can only make it to stage 6 boss without gaming over currently. snow lady is giving me a lot of trouble but i think i have the demon guy figured out. getting back there is going to be much smoother now though

The trajectory of the snowflakes was so fast and difficult to predict I had to tank through her with a life or two

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I can't beat stage 9 but I'm gonna try all day

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I finally figured out a strategy that worked for me for the last boss... use Digger to send out those little ... moles? or whatever and just create insane lag to dodge everything. It took forever lol. Great game, great pick, game club FTW

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I won't be 1 CCing this... lol

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

I finally figured out a strategy that worked for me for the last boss... use Digger to send out those little ... moles? or whatever and just create insane lag to dodge everything. It took forever lol. Great game, great pick, game club FTW

Yep, it's a good idea to always be throwing cards during the fireball attack in particular because that creates slowdown when they burst

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i hate that i have to sit these out, just don't have time :(

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
oh ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz4rTAz5Jys&t=2635s

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lmfao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
somehow it never occurred to me that you can also throw your dude at midbosses

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
reached dragon stage. yeah that one's going to be tricky

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
reached it again and gamed over again. an autoscroller where you move eight directions and can't move even half the height of the screen is kind of a really stupid idea

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

reached it again and gamed over again. an autoscroller where you move eight directions and can't move even half the height of the screen is kind of a really stupid idea

and your character moves up and down on their own very slightly

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Got up to level 6 with my non-gamer fiancee. The asymmetry between Pocky and her partners suited my fiancee; I think she would have been pissed off if she had to worry about losing lives. Lots more fun than Axelay, IMO.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I can't even consistently reach the boss on the dragon stage.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

getting to stage 8 on my first play through without a continue and then getting bolta down to two candles before losing my final life has made me have to take a break for a bit

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

throwing your partner is extremely op and i love it

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Ottobots roll out

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

rodbeard posted:

I can't even consistently reach the boss on the dragon stage.

I apparently was struggling to reach the midboss and not the actual boss. The first time I managed to beat him I had exactly one hit left before game over and I immediately got taken out by the next enemy because I was a dumbass and didn't notice the stage wasn't over. The way I was able to finally make it through the stage was I realized if you stay in your starting position in the middle of the screen and just hold down the fire button none of the enemies will actually hurt you until the wave that spawns after the first item pickup.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Finally got past level 8. I had to stop always using the cards and use the wand more often.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the wand is insane

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

throwing your partner is extremely op and i love it

it is. my entire boss strategy has been to throw Rocky at the boss and then dodge until I can throw him again

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Sub-Actuality posted:

it is. my entire boss strategy has been to throw Rocky at the boss and then dodge until I can throw him again

yup

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

I don't recommend Rocky for throwing because the warmup to damage takes so long, and because his balls are distracting

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Ottobot forever

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Joan posted:

I don't recommend Rocky for throwing because the warmup to damage takes so long, and because his balls are distracting

his balls are magnificent

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Time to get this started

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Sub-Actuality posted:

That's basically the intended way to fight every single boss.

Fungah! posted:

the wand is insane

I warmed up to it a lot more when I realized that it hit everything near you not just the stuff you're facing.

I managed to get killed in the second impy fight by beating her while her homing projectile was still in air. It kept moving while the cutscene started and I couldn't control my character.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Got down to 1 candle on the final boss... twice.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I think if I can get the dodge on his really fast sword slash down I should be able to beat him.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

rodbeard posted:

I managed to get killed in the second impy fight by beating her while her homing projectile was still in air. It kept moving while the cutscene started and I couldn't control my character.

lol

i'll probably start this later today.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Arrhythmia posted:

I think if I can get the dodge on his really fast sword slash down I should be able to beat him.

I feel like you trigger it by standing in front of him slightly so my strat was to trigger it as fast as possible and move the direction I approached from

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

I feel like you trigger it by standing in front of him slightly so my strat was to trigger it as fast as possible and move the direction I approached from

That's what I figured so glad to hear it. :cheerdoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

determined to beat this tonight or tomorrow. getting very close, I’ve gotten about halfway into the last boss’s health a few times now

First couple of levels made me think the whole game would be a breeze but level 8 is a hell of a spike lol